Current event ????

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by Alpha1, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Alpha1

Alpha1 NAVY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Why do postings in the Current Events forum get moved to other places....

What the hell are Current Events if not what is showing up in the newspapers and news programs TODAY....ALMOST everything posted there IS A CURRENT EVENT to me....yet it gets moved....:eusa_wall:

So, define a current event so I know what can be posted there....

2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    If you have questions about what's appropriate where, feel free to pm Gunny or me.

3. Alpha1

Alpha1 NAVY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Well there are 10 posts moved from the current events forum right now...though I didn't post any.....
    I believe it would be beneficial to all of us, in general to explain what constitutes a current event that might remain in that forum.....an explanation to me alone doesn't help those 10 posters
    It seems I am only one of many that don't get it....

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    You mean one of a few. Most members post threads in the forums/subforums in accordance with the topic. If there is a specific forum regarding the topic of a thread, it should be posted there. Not everyone is interested in weeding through a hodgepodge of topics to find something they might be interested in, all piled into one forum. Recurring topics have been given their own space.

Basically, any event that is current, ongoing, and there is not a subforum for it will remain in Current Events.

And as jillian said, if you have a question as to why a specific thread was moved, feel free to PM one of us.

5. Alpha1

Alpha1 NAVY

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193
    OK gunny thankx,.....got it.....if it doesn't fit into a forum already set aside ...it goes in current events....

6. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127

since this forum is titled "feedback", I've got an opinion on this.

There simply aren't enough posters here to justify 20 or 30 forums. This place is fairly dead, and I doubt there's more than a couple dozen posts on an average day. Even on big shot boards with hundreds of posters, I've rarely seen so many forums.

I think if you only have a couple dozen posts a day, it would be simpler to just have a handful of forums. It's kind of distracting to have this many forums. Just IMO.

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    You people that say this place is "dead" crack me up. What constitutes "alive"? And what do YOU do to make it that way? Regurgitating the same old extremist rhetoric as you do week after week, month after month is hardly going to attract anyone interested in actual intelligent debate.

It's YOUR board. YOU make it what it is or isn't.

8. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    this board is the best the core group of posters are such strongly defined characters they would be worthy of a series of bubble gum trading cards.".OK ill trade you a kathiane and a jillian for your gunnyl rookie card".....

9. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,358
    Why keep that private? That's probably an issue that everyone on the board would need to see clarification on, don't you think?

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    It's already been clarified, I think. If there's a catagory for thread, it should go into that thread and not just dumped into "current events".

Any questions about moderator decisions, though, are to be directed via pm to Gunny or me.