Curious Sayings

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
"Coolest thing since sliced bread."

I buy loaves of wheat french bread often and only ever just rip pieces off to eat. I never bother cutting it so this stands out as an odd saying.

Wouldn't "Coolest thing since indoor plumbing." make more sense? :)

"Coolest thing since sliced bread."

I buy loaves of wheat french bread often and only ever just rip pieces off to eat. I never bother cutting it so this stands out as an odd saying.

Wouldn't "Coolest thing since indoor plumbing." make more sense? :)

I always heard that one as "....best invention since sliced bread..."; now used as sarcasm.

"Birds of a different feather".

While different sorts of breeds do have different sorts of feathers it's not easily noticed until you get close up.

I prefer the old New England version:

"Pigs of a different odor"

You can spot 'em without having to get too close.

"Birds of a different feather".

While different sorts of breeds do have different sorts of feathers it's not easily noticed until you get close up.

I prefer the old New England version:

"Pigs of a different odor"

You can spot 'em without having to get too close.

One of the most evocative books I've read was "The Painted Bird," a controversial 1965 novel by Jerzy Kosiński.

It was a remembrance of his travels during WWII, and the title refers to people who, for amusement, captured a bird and painted it different colors....allowed it to fly back to the flock.

They tore it apart.

Mr. H, what is that horse head thing in yer signature? It says: "click this image to show the full sized version" yet when I do it only gets like, 10% bigger.

What and Why the f*ck, Mr. H?

Forum List

Back