"Cultural Differences" allows convicted child molestor free

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
All charges dropped against registered sex offender

So he has been convicted twice, and then was in a park and took a little girls hand and tried to steel her. Dad noticed and stopped him. The sex offender told the police and judge 'for us its not an issue" and the judge decided it may be cultural ( a convicted sex offender leading a child away from their parents!?!?!) and stated that he would find it hard to find him guilty ( even though there were 2 previous convictions for child molestation) and let him go.

REGISTERED sex offender, Ali Jaffari, accused of attempted child-stealing, has had all charges against him dropped after a Magistrate told prosecutors he would have trouble finding Jaffari guilty.

Magistrate Ron Saines said if he was hearing the matter, he would have reasonable doubt, citing ‘cultural differences’ as one factor, which would result in the charges being dismissed.

Jaffari, 35, an Afghan refugee, was convicted in Geelong Magistrates’ Court on August 22, 2013, of indecently assaulting one boy and attempting to indecently assault another.

He was placed on a two-year Community Corrections Order with 300 hours unpaid community work.

All charges dropped against registered sex offencer | Geelong Advertiser

Sometimes I hear this crap and want to scream. I don't care if he is Muslim, Jewish, Christian, or what have you. The issue I see is it seems as if this judge was looking for an easy way out and is allowing a monster back on the street, citing culture. WTF?

Cultural differences have been used to release child molesters all the time. We embrace different cultures, that's why we are multicultural.

Forum List

Back