Cults And False Religions

Why does the Mormon Church still teach that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God after he made a false prophecy about a temple being built in Missouri in his generation (Doctrine and Covenants 84:1-5)

With one exception - Jews worship the God of Israel - the same God we worship - the Jews have not been abandoned by God - lets be clear on that - the Jews ( most ) have not yet recognized Jesus as their Messiah but that day is coming and God is clear in the Scriptures - All Israel shall be saved. I read the same book they read in reading the Old Testament that is a Jewish Book - their Torah / Tanach! All 66 books of the bible are Jewish books to be clear - the Bible is a Jewish book and my faith is a Jewish faith and my Messiah Jesus Christ is a Jew and although I was born a Gentile inwardly I am a Jew and Paul the Apostle would surely agree with that I believe. So you will have to leave the Jews out of the equation because the God they serve is the God I serve. Hear O Israel the Lord thy God is One! They are thinking 1 +1+1=3 and I am seeing 1 x 1 x 1 =1 in speaking of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. ( We being made in the image of God - Genesis 1:26 - are a trichotomy - spirit, soul and body 1 x 1 x 1 =1 ) We know why they have not been able to see this - because Romans tells us clearly why. So that all would have the opportunity to receive salvation and enter heaven. As Jesus said in John 4 - Salvation is of the Jews. Amen.

Trouble with claiming everybody else's religion but mine is a cult/false belief system is everyone'll laugh you off the stage you're trying to speak upon.

If Christianity is 'true' but everybody else's is false, which version exactly of Christianity is the true one? Not all denominations agree on some key aspects. And what about Judaism Christianity relies upon for its own validity? True or false? If false then so much be Christianity, Islam, Mormonism, etc. All being derivitives of Judaism.

If Christianity is 'true' but everybody else's is false, which version exactly of Christianity is the true one? Not all denominations agree on some key aspects. And what about Judaism Christianity relies upon for its own validity? True or false? If false then so much be Christianity, Islam, Mormonism, etc. All being derivitives of Judaism.

the denomination that says that Jesus is their Savior.

Salvation is of Christ.

It is written:

Ye worship ye know not what, we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. - John 4:22

Do you know who said that?

Jesus Christ said that. He told the woman at the well that in Chapter 4 of John's Gospel.

Salvation is of Christ.

It is written:

Ye worship ye know not what, we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. - John 4:22

Do you know who said that?

Jesus Christ said that. He told the woman at the well that in Chapter 4 of John's Gospel.

salvation is of the jews means what to you? Only Jews can be saved? There is neither Jew or Gentile... Only those who accept Jesus are saved and as far as I know from my 30 years of study, Jews are not saved.

Trouble with claiming everybody else's religion but mine is a cult/false belief system is everyone'll laugh you off the stage you're trying to speak upon.

Who cares what everyone does, Delta? When did that factor into anything? You know what I believe your trouble is? You are too concerned with what others think. That was problem for some of the Jewish rulers who saw Jesus doing miracles, too. They knew he was the Messiah. The scriptures are clear that they denied him because they didn't want to be thrown out of the synagogues - they loved the praises of men more than the praises of God. Once you know who Jesus is? You need to cease from being concerned about what any man or woman thinks of you and obey the command of God to be born again and receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. I promise you none of your peers are going to be willing to do 5 minutes in hell for you much less an eternity. Obey your conscience and forget about the opinion of men. The world is a fickle crowd. Who cares what they think?!

As for everyone else's cults / false belief systems? They have a choice - leave it and follow Christ or perish in hell. Here is the truth. Buddah didn't die on a cross for their sins. Mohammad didn't die on a cross for their sins. Hari Krishna didn't die on the cross for their sins. Ghandi didn't die on a cross for their sins. Moses didn't die on a cross for your sins either! Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. How was Abraham saved? By faith. Abraham was justified by faith NOT by works. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. Amen.

If a Jew is saved, they are called a Messianic Jew.

Messianic Jews are Christians, not any variety of Jew. MJ'ism and Jews for Jesus began as a Christian envangelical movement designed to lure non-practicing Jews awayf rom Judaism and into Christianity.

Judaism does not save,friend.

I just covered that, Ninja. You have another post to read - then make your response if you disagree. Otherwise we are on the same page - just keep in mind that without the Jews there would be no salvation. That was the point Jesus Christ was making - Salvation is of the Jews - get it?

the denomination that says that Jesus is their Savior.
You are aware of course that Latter Day Saints say that Jesus is the Savior, right?

ALL are false religions except for Christianity who put Jesus as their Lord and Savior. But let us go in depth on some of the world religions. Lets start on Mormonism.....

The thing from Torah isn't Kolab, but Meroz.

"In the Book of Judges (5:23), Deborah the prophetess sings about the victory of Barak over Sisera. In her song, she says, “Cursed be Meroz! Cursed, cursed be its inhabitants, says the angel of G‑d!”

Where is Meroz, and who are its inhabitants? The Talmud gives two explanations, one of them being that Meroz is a star or planet. The heavenly bodies had also come to help the Israelites, as Deborah stated just one verse earlier, “From the heavens they fought, the stars from their orbits . . .” This star, however, which was the dominant star of Sisera, apparently did not come to their aid. And so, General Barak penalized Meroz—and its inhabitants."
Is There Life on Other Planets - The Jewish view on UFOs aliens and extraterrestrial intelligence - Questions Answers

Could be Joseph Smith got Kolab from Judaism, or as wiki claims an Egpytian scroll he bought (more likely an Egyptian fraud he bought as a legit ancient scroll would be priceless.)

If a Jew is saved, they are called a Messianic Jew.

Messianic Jews are Christians, not any variety of Jew. MJ'ism and Jews for Jesus began as a Christian envangelical movement designed to lure non-practicing Jews awayf rom Judaism and into Christianity.

Messianic Jews are Jews both outwardly through the bloodline and inwardly. You are outwardly a Jew but inwardly you are still in need of redemption -you are still in need to be justified by Faith as Abraham was - so realize that inwardly you are not a Jew whereas the Messianic Jew is a Jew both inwardly and outwardly. This may seem like a mystery to you but it is in scripture nevertheless. Although a Jew - ye must be born again - even as Jesus told Nicodemus the high priest who came to him at night. Why did Nicodemus come to Jesus at night? He probably didn't want anyone seeing him. Read John 12:42 for the story of the Jewish rulers who denied Christ because they didn't want to be thrown out of the synagogues - then realize that these Messianic Jews by their faith have been justified and cared about the praise of God more than the praise of man therein making the right decision to accept Jesus as their Messiah - become born again and preach the Gospel which is good news for all men. Paul was a Jew but he preached to the Gentiles. I know the Holy Spirit is speaking to your heart about it anyhow, Delta.

Forum List

Back