Cruz: Galileo was branded a denier for saying Earth was round

A Perez

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2015
Factcheck.org points out that Cruz is wrong, as the roundness of the Earth was already accepted even before Galileo was born.

Additionally, Cruz is reminded that one Newsweekly article on global cooling in the 70's does not mean there was consensus on global cooling in the 70's. The Factcheck.org.org piece solidifies the perception that Cruz is not smart.
Cruz on the Global Cooling Myth and Galileo

Cruz is one weird dude, he is living proof intelligence has nothing to do with smarts. An Einstein who lived in the deepest ideological fantasies would still be a fanatic. Consider the below as another example.

"You know, music is interesting. I grew up listening to classic rock and I’ll tell you sort of an odd story. My music tastes changed on 9/11. And it’s a very strange — I actually, intellectually, find this very curious, but on 9/11, I didn’t like how rock music responded. And country music collectively, the way they responded, it resonated with me and I have to say, it — just as a gut level, I had an emotional reaction that says, “These are my people.” And so ever since 2001 I listen to country music, but I’m an odd country music fan because I didn’t listen to it prior to 2001." Ted Cruz Ted Cruz country music 9 11 pandering VIDEO .

I'm sure he knew that already. Right wingers don't like "smart" or "educated". Scott Walker and Sarah Palin showed him that not being "over educated" is a badge of honor for true Republicans.

omg, how petty can you people get. I can't believe they frikken fact checked this.

wow.

Cruz is one weird dude, he is living proof intelligence has nothing to do with smarts. An Einstein who lived in the deepest ideological fantasies would still be a fanatic. Consider the below as another example.

"You know, music is interesting. I grew up listening to classic rock and I’ll tell you sort of an odd story. My music tastes changed on 9/11. And it’s a very strange — I actually, intellectually, find this very curious, but on 9/11, I didn’t like how rock music responded. And country music collectively, the way they responded, it resonated with me and I have to say, it — just as a gut level, I had an emotional reaction that says, “These are my people.” And so ever since 2001 I listen to country music, but I’m an odd country music fan because I didn’t listen to it prior to 2001." Ted Cruz Ted Cruz country music 9 11 pandering VIDEO .

No, Obama and all Democrats takes that prize. sorry

Libs say stupid stuff just about every time they open their yaps. I was taught about global cooling back in the 70s, it was the consensus of the day. I don't see a quote about Galileo so don't know about that one.

You see what happens when you have a difference of opinion?

you get beat down by a stupid factcheck. I doubt many people are worried over this while trying to survive, work and take of their families. for crying out loud.

Libs say stupid stuff just about every time they open their yaps. I was taught about global cooling back in the 70s, it was the consensus of the day. I don't see a quote about Galileo so don't know about that one.
What percentage of scientists believed in global cooling? Learn what consensus means before talking about it.

What percentage of scientists believed in global cooling? Learn what consensus means before talking about it.
It was a nuclear freeze being tolled in the 1970's...

Factcheck.org points out that Cruz is wrong, as the roundness of the Earth was already accepted even before Galileo was born.

Additionally, Cruz is reminded that one Newsweekly article on global cooling in the 70's does not mean there was consensus on global cooling in the 70's. The Factcheck.org.org piece solidifies the perception that Cruz is not smart.
Cruz on the Global Cooling Myth and Galileo
That is what he gets for speaking without a teleprompter.

Galileo was persecuted for denying the Universe revolved around the Earth, which was "settled science" in his day.

At least he didn't say there are 57 states, as a certain "Constitutional scholar" did.

You see what happens when you have a difference of opinion?

you get beat down by a stupid factcheck. I doubt many people are worried over this while trying to survive, work and take of their families. for crying out loud.
Wait....you think it's just a "difference of opinion" when Cruzy says that Galileo was rejected for thinking the earth was round?

(Hint: the Catholic Church punished him for stating we lived in a Sun centric solar system....and they finally got around to apologizing and admitting they were wrong..........................in the late 20th century)

Learn how to pop your head out of your ass before commenting on subjects out of your reach.

You said "Additionally, Cruz is reminded that one Newsweekly article on global cooling in the 70's does not mean there was consensus on global cooling in the 70's."

...which is stupid beyond words, additionally amazing since you were criticizing another's knowledge. There was much more than one article. However,

Global cooling
National Science Board
The reports that in 1974 the National Science Board, the governing body of the National Science Foundation, stated:

During the last 20 to 30 years, world temperature has fallen, irregularly at first but more sharply over the last decade.

1970s Global Cooling Scare Real Science
Every major climate organization endorsed the ice age scare, including NCAR, CRU, NAS, NASA – as did the CIA.

screenhunter_292-may-08-11-50.gif

screenhunter_284-may-08-11-45.gif

screenhunter_7303-feb-19-06-36.gif

Last edited:

there is NO CONCENSUS EVER in Science. go back to school and learn something

stop being a follower. it doesn't make you look inelligent

That depends on how many were being subsidized by political entities for believing.
If you must believe it's not science.

omg, how petty can you people get. I can't believe they frikken fact checked this.

wow.

of course they did...Cruz is incredibly intelligent as testified to by his law professor Alan Dershowitz and Jeffery Tobin...to rabid lefties who actually know him....

But...calling every republican stupid seems to work for them because their minions in the media, their minions in Hollywood and their minions in education will push that meme against Cruz until the uninformed "moderates" and dumb democrats ( who are uneducated in democrat controlled public schools) believe it....

wow.

of course they did...Cruz is incredibly intelligent as testified to by his law professor Alan Dershowitz and Jeffery Tobin...to rabid lefties who actually know him....

But...calling every republican stupid seems to work for them because their minions in the media, their minions in Hollywood and their minions in education will push that meme against Cruz until the uninformed "moderates" and dumb democrats ( who are uneducated in democrat controlled public schools) believe it....

losing sends them off into the twilight zone. But notice Obama won lie of the year and they just yawn. they are tools for a party. its sad

Forum List

Back