Criminalizing unemployed - Sen. Hatch wants unemployed to face mandatory drug tests

Yes, I do. I'm an employer asshole.

Well, you know that if a drug test was put into effect, that would come out of the UI fund too, right?

So as an "employer", it would still cost you more.

Not as much as paying unemployment to a doper, medical bills resulting from a drug user getting hurt on the job or hurting someone else.
Yeah....sure....it happens all-the-time.

Just ask the insurance-company that's desperate to "jack" it's rates, "rookie".

:rolleyes:

Just gotta love those biased sites.......

That's the best you can dispute the info??

What next... testimony from a junkie on what is good about drugs??

Yes... you do consider the source... when it comes from an activist, conspiracy, or winger sites (3 things you are notorious for) they IMMEDIATELY come into question for their credibility
Gee.....how 'bout Big DICK Nixon, "rookie"?​

March, 1972

"Considering the range of social concerns in contemporary America, marihuana does not, in our considered judgment, rank very high. We would deemphasize marihuana as a problem."

Ya' got NOTHIN'!!

Last edited:
Well, you know that if a drug test was put into effect, that would come out of the UI fund too, right?

So as an "employer", it would still cost you more.

Not as much as paying unemployment to a doper, medical bills resulting from a drug user getting hurt on the job or hurting someone else.
Yeah....sure....it happens all-the-time.

Just ask the insurance-company that's desperate to "jack" it's rates, "rookie".

We are talking unemployment insurance dope. You realize the "insurance company" is the state? Yeah, jack the rates.

How 'bout....they don't smoke Pot....but, they are Millionaires???

:eusa_eh:

I'll bet Republicans would get-behind-THEM....seeing-as-how they don't get "high"!!

How about your high and not making sense?
So, you'd give millionaires a "pass".

I figured as much.

No, figure that I don't follow vague references to other websites. Figure that your so off base most of the time, that I'm not going to waste my time.

Sen. Hatch wants unemployed to face mandatory drug tests - The Hill

Hey Orrin, why not just use ankle monitors?

WHO will pay for this expensive 'program'? Fiscal conservatism is just a code word. It is all about trying to turn democracy into an aristocracy. Hatch's 'program' would help to perpetuate the perception that there's "a two-class system where if you're unemployed, you no longer have the same rights as other people. It kind of criminalizes being jobless, just like over the past 20 years or so we've criminalized being homeless. That seems to be the answer for a lot of Republicans; just go ahead and go to war on the problem instead of dealing with it in a more human way."

See the only reason that someone doesn't have a job in this thriving economy is because they are drug addicts. Hatch is just trying to help.

<snip>

]

I don't see the problem with this.

Most employers test for drugs before hiring a new empoloyee. Why? Because a person who uses is less reliable and less attentive. Sorry. That's just the way it is. The basis of unemployment is to tide a guy over until he can get a job.

If he's using, he will never get a job.

If he wants my tax money, he should at least be willing to make himself hire-able.

If he doesn't want the unemployment money, he can forego it and smoke his brains out. Not my problem. Not my expense.

I find it so ironic that right wingers who constantly screech about 'BIG' government, are so submissive to it; pissing in a government cup, and trusting that the test will be accurate.

You right wingers are the creators of the BIGGEST nanny state in our nations history.

]

An employer in the private sector is not the government. The policy to drug test is not a government policy. The lab that does the testing is not a government lab. The expense to do the testing is not a government expense.

If there is a person who is accepting unemployment insurance payments, it should not be too heavy a burden to remain drug free while accepting these funds.

If they choose to use, they have chosen to find a different stream of income.

bfgrn said:
WOW, you don't even have enough backbone to respond to my post.

No. it's called your entertainment value ran out and I'm tired of teaching a vegetable. You are not worth the effort and I've nothing to prove to you..

Last edited:
I find it so ironic that right wingers who constantly screech about 'BIG' government, are so submissive to it; pissing in a government cup, and trusting that the test will be accurate.

You right wingers are the creators of the BIGGEST nanny state in our nations history.

We pass our drug screens, what is your problem?

In this case, we are just trying to make sure the nanny is in control of herself and exercising good work habits. Both reasonable things considering we are paying her.

my issue with drug-testing the unemployed is the abject hypocrisy of the fact. our government's 'war on drugs' has welcomed the infestation of the country with illegal drugs among alcohol and tobacco. it has featured as a funding mechanism for the government and a star in the redecoration of american demography in the early and mid 80s. politicians should keep their head down innovating ways to get people back to work, rather than spending the time to come up with ways to allocate resources toward fascist ends like this.

this is politics catering to the simple minds of self-righteous social conservatives who feel that a combination of deportation, incarceration and sterilization will cure all the country's woes, but who can't fathom that the job security that they tout over the unemployed is interdependent on all of our prosperity.

bfgrn said:

No. it's called your entertainment value ran out and I'm tired of teaching a vegetable. You are not worth the effort and I've nothing to prove to you..

Translation...I quite...mommy, mommy the mean old liberal is making fun of me mommy!

tantrum.jpg

You got smoked pea brain...deal with it...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bfgrn said:

Translation...I quite...mommy, mommy the mean old liberal is making fun of me mommy!

tantrum.jpg

Yep yep. A scene right out of "Maverick"

Chief Joseph: "Tell em the 'truth'. Say you got us all liquored up on firewater, surrounded us and escaped in the confusion."

Brett Mavrick: "They won't believe [I did] that!"

Chief Joseph: "Sure they will! You people believe anything!"

Right on cue, tardtard. Helpless, hapless, hopeless.

funny-pictures-baby-tiger-yells-at-you.jpg

tantrum.jpg

Yep yep. A scene right out of "Maverick"

Chief Joseph: "Tell em the 'truth'. Say you got us all liquored up on firewater, surrounded us and escaped in the confusion."

Brett Mavrick: "They won't believe [I did] that!"

Chief Joseph: "Sure they will! You people believe anything!"

Right on cue, tardtard. Helpless, hapless, hopeless.

funny-pictures-baby-tiger-yells-at-you.jpg

Hey BIG FIZZZZ, do you want to discuss 'regulatory capture'? I know, mommy won't let you...

nanny state republicans with thier ghestapo oppression. Yes you won

I'lll file that under sore loser. Might have to make a separate file just for you. I can see there is going to be a large number of them in the future.

drug test all government elected officials and all employees and retirees fire all that test positive and loose all pensions

Forum List

Back