Criminalizing unemployed - Sen. Hatch wants unemployed to face mandatory drug tests

What part of "no tax money for drugs" don't you get? It was part of my job to ID people who looked strung-out or under the influence, or impaired from drinking and send them for a random drug test. Insurance rates and ultimately US jobs depend on having professional workers working is a safe environment.

Lefties whine about conservatives and authoritarians, but that strawman is bullshit. The fact is that insurance rates and ultimately US jobs depend upon worker behaviors. If US workers are unsafe, the jobs will go elsewhere.

We need that "small" government to make sure that our workers are safe, and make sure our insurance rates don't go up, and make sure that workers are "behaving". Sure doesn't sound like "small" government to me.

Makes more sense than giving all the illegals UHC, Medicare and other benefits they didn't pay for.
No doubt!

It's trouble, enough, collecting S.S. (outta their wages), and not having to honor the obligations, to them, that the average-citizen gets.​

Being unemployed at the moment and not a drug user, I say bring it on.

But, I do agree who is going to pay for this? Gees, I thought Hatch was a fiscal conservative. Does this sound like fiscal conservatism?

Immie

I have'nt read this entire thread, but this did jump out at me.

I say it very fiscally conservative.
Think about it... the money that would be saved from not paying a drug users (even if it is just pot) that fail the test -- no payday for you this time buddy..... come back when you can stay clean (at least while you are on umemployment).

I could care less if folks like to smoke pot, shoot drugs in their veins, or snort cocaine.... but when I am helping subsidize their existance, DAMN IT they should be able to refrain from any drug use.

I've been unemployed, and you could'nt have paid me to as much as take a puff from a joint, or even be in the same room with it.

When your life is at stake, the least you can do is stay clean.

Last edited:
hatch is an assclown as are the fucking GED educated losers here who support him.
Oh yeah, ConNarc has a history degree, frank has finance, and soggyracist is a pencil pusher. Clowns

Some how buying your dope with unemployment checks just seems like a real slam against the hard working people that provided your money.
You "conservatives" surely do seem to enjoy your fantasies.

323.png

criminalization is a common reaction to high unemployment. some of it is natural - high rates of unemployment precipitate higher rates of crime. this seems like a bold embrace of the incarceration 'solution' which played out during the reagan administration's struggle with the new jobless recovery phenomenon resulting from his supply-side policies and a rapidly de-industrializing nation. orin hatch was there. he'd remember.
I often wonder if people, like him, even remember the last time he'd (actually) worked, for a living.
301.gif

I wonder how he'd feel about random-testing, for people drawing a government-pension??

:doubt:

Last edited:
hatch is an assclown as are the fucking GED educated losers here who support him.
Oh yeah, ConNarc has a history degree, frank has finance, and soggyracist is a pencil pusher. Clowns

See folks, this is what happens when you smoke dope. Topspin has totally lost his ability to debate with facts and reason. Instead we get personal attacks and feelings. When you have your hand out for something, there are going to be strings attached. Don't like the strings, don't take what they are offering. Some how buying your dope with unemployment checks just seems like a real slam against the hard working people that provided your money.

You don't know where unemployment payments come from, do you?

See folks, this is what happens when you smoke dope. Topspin has totally lost his ability to debate with facts and reason. Instead we get personal attacks and feelings. When you have your hand out for something, there are going to be strings attached. Don't like the strings, don't take what they are offering. Some how buying your dope with unemployment checks just seems like a real slam against the hard working people that provided your money.

Yes, I do. I'm an employer asshole.

Its obvious there are some people here that still don't understand what criminalizing something means. despite the fact that there are several dozen pages of discussion on it.

People want the tax payers to fit the bill for illegal drug sales. Doesn't matter what reality is.

Why don't we just do what is necessary and shrink government so we don't have handouts? That way people can take care of themselves.
Yeah....."traditional" stay-at-homes wives (who'd gotten divorced, after 20-40 years) would be big fans o' that one!!

:rolleyes:

Well, you know that if a drug test was put into effect, that would come out of the UI fund too, right?

So as an "employer", it would still cost you more.

I don't see the problem with this.

Most employers test for drugs before hiring a new empoloyee. Why? Because a person who uses is less reliable and less attentive. Sorry. That's just the way it is.
You DO know that they lie, in D.A.R.E.-education, right??

(Unless, of course....you can show me some o' their footnotes.)

Just gotta love those biased sites.......

That's the best you can dispute the info??

Well, you know that if a drug test was put into effect, that would come out of the UI fund too, right?

Not as much as paying unemployment to a doper, medical bills resulting from a drug user getting hurt on the job or hurting someone else.

dimint is an idiot as are his supporters here.
They are clueless about the cost as usual.
And for the 50 th time, shut the fuck up about limited governemnt when your for all 50 repressive facist proposals.

You DO know that they lie, in D.A.R.E.-education, right??

(Unless, of course....you can show me some o' their footnotes.)

Just gotta love those biased sites.......

That's the best you can dispute the info??

What next... testimony from a junkie on what is good about drugs??

Yes... you do consider the source... when it comes from an activist, conspiracy, or winger sites (3 things you are notorious for) they IMMEDIATELY come into question for their credibility

Not as much as paying unemployment to a doper, medical bills resulting from a drug user getting hurt on the job or hurting someone else.

Drug Testing of Public Assistance Recipients as a Condition of Eligibility | American Civil Liberties Union

Some days I picture Shaman standing on the corner passing out Playboys to the little kids on their way home from school as a public service in his mind.

I see you as more the wide-stance poser.:lol:
You've noticed that, as well....how it always seems to come-down to Sex, with "conservatives"?

They always remind me of.....back, when my friends & I were young-teens....the dude that did the most talkin', about Sex, was (typically) "gettin'" less than anyone else.

just like the sofa general republicans usually haven't fought for anything except the remote.

Topspin neg reps me twice today and we are repressive. :lol:

I get it, you want all us poopyheads to stop ruining your fantasy. Grow a pair pup.

You just managed to drop the proper-punctuation.

That'd be employer's asshole.​

Forum List

Back