CDZ Credit for the North Korea thing?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
How much credit do you all give Trump for the North Korea talks?

Is this mountain collapse a big part of it? North Korea's nuclear site collapse may be reason Kim Jong Un ceased bomb tests, scientists say

North Korea's Most Recent Nuclear Test Collapsed a Mountain

N Korea nuclear test site 'collapsed'

At the very least Trump did not kick the gift horse in the mouth. You have to be opportunistic sometimes.

I guess its right to really hold back until we see how it goes, but still, I think Donald deserves some credit for not messing it up when there were plenty of chances to mess it up.

Donald could have demanded some ridiculous per-conditions before "honoring" N. Korea with a Summit.

Donald could have paraded about demanding something ridiculous out of North Korea. He apparently has not.

China says it collapsed. Other people, including an independent org that has been watching NKs nuke program for a decade, said it doesnt mean it isnt usable.
Who knows?

Last edited:
Jinping of China gets all the credit. Un only moved after each of the two visits the last two months to China. Jinping may well be in line for a Nobel Peace Prize. Can't give it to Un because he's a murderer. All other entities outside that region are spectators at best. This entire thing is Jinping and Un on their own.

Is this mountain collapse a big part of it? North Korea's nuclear site collapse may be reason Kim Jong Un ceased bomb tests, scientists say

At the very least Trump did not kick the gift horse in the mouth. You have to be opportunistic sometimes.

I guess its right to really hold back until we see how it goes, but still, I think Donald deserves some credit for not messing it up when there were plenty of chances to mess it up.

Donald could have demanded some ridiculous per-conditions before "honoring" N. Korea with a Summit.

Donald could have paraded about demanding something ridiculous out of North Korea. He apparently has not.
Until the mountain collapsed, Trump’s strategy caused North Korea to work faster on their missiles and nukes. Maybe they accidentally blew up their program because they were working too fast?

The other verifiable claim is that defecting soldiers and possibly even Secret Police (not confirmed) are suffering from malnutrition.

What if we actually collapsed the mountain? Kim's apparent change of heart seems quite abrupt to me. Is he actually scared shitless?

I think Trump and Kim Jong Oon were on a collision course and Xi did not want a nuclear war in his back yard between two madmen.

I think Trump and Kim Jong Oon were on a collision course and Xi did not want a nuclear war in his back yard between two madmen.
Well then you have to give all the credit to President Trump since he ha been pressuring China to exert pressure on Kim to give up his nuclear program from the start,and as you say, XI only stepped because he believed President Trump was serious enough about non proliferation to use military force to stop. Hopefully, the Europeans will realize before too long that the President is as serious about Iran as he is about NK.

Well then you have to give all the credit to President Trump since he ha been pressuring China to exert pressure on Kim to give up his nuclear program from the start,and as you say, XI only stepped because he believed President Trump was serious enough about non proliferation to use military force to stop. Hopefully, the Europeans will realize before too long that the President is as serious about Iran as he is about NK.

No the credit, if in fact anything positive does happen, goes to years of sanctions which has crippled the NK economy.

As for moving the process towards peace, that credit goes to Kim. He’s the one who asked to meet with Trump. Trump did nothing to move the process forward. Kim developed his nukes and now he wants to use them to make a deal to get out from under the sanctions.

No the credit, if in fact anything positive does happen, goes to years of sanctions which has crippled the NK economy.

As for moving the process towards peace, that credit goes to Kim. He’s the one who asked to meet with Trump. Trump did nothing to move the process forward. Kim developed his nukes and now he wants to use them to make a deal to get out from under the sanctions.
How weird and vacuous.

I agree, Trump gets the credit for being a crazed lunatic whose uncontrollably unhinged rants freaked out Kim and Xi.

Full credit. Would have been nice if he and his buddies would have cut the previous guy some slack for wanting to have talks but He gets credit for this just like Obama got credit for the 8 party talks (not sure if they were the proper name)....

No the credit, if in fact anything positive does happen, goes to years of sanctions which has crippled the NK economy. As for moving the process towards peace, that credit goes to Kim. He’s the one who asked to meet with Trump. Trump did nothing to move the process forward. Kim developed his nukes and now he wants to use them to make a deal to get out from under the sanctions.
How weird and vacuous.
"They believe they're engaged in a war, and the reason you sometimes see duplicity in their statements is that they genuinely believe it's an ideological war, so it's necessary to engage in propaganda to defeat this bigger evil. I call them Regressive, because in doing so, they make alliances with some of the most regressive, fascist, totalitarian, barbaric, murderous regimes across the world."

Maajid Nawaz
Liberal Muslim Brit
Author of the term "Regressive Left"

Forum List

Back