Crashtheteaparty.org

You haven't provide facts that Dick Armey and Freedom works are behind the entire Tea Party Movement. I got involved early on - and have first hand knowledge of how the movement developed. So it's a who am I going to believe - accusations about Dick Armey or my own lying eyes?

i know the willie nelson story, too, dear.

and what are you going to believe? fact or what dick armey tells you?

fact:

this is freedomworks web site:
FreedomWorks | Lower Taxes, Less Government, More Freedom

fact:

freedomworks has as its goal the 'grass roots organizing' of tea types.

fact:

dick armey founded freedomworks.

fact: dick armey's lobbying firm represents pharmaceutical companies

DLA Piper | United States | Local Services | Drug and Medical Device

you can choose to understand the correlation (because i know you can) or you can choose to be manipulated by corporate greed.

the problem is that the people who are getting all revved up aren't being informed about who is behind the disruption of town halls, etc. Freedomworks, which is the organization that was sending the people around to Town Halls was founded by Dick Armey (former member of congress) whose lobbying firm DLA Piper represents Bristol Meyers Squibb and other pharmaceutical companies. Armey 'resigned' from DLA Piper in August 2009 so he could set up Freedomworks.

Don't you understand that whatever 'deal" Obama cut, it still wasn't as good as Bush's deal to never, ever, ever negotiate pharmaceutical prices?

What? The big money in medicine is behind all of this?

Say it ain't so!

Wow? People who stand to be run out of business want to protect their livelihoods?

Say it ain't so! :rolleyes:

Oh, I can see where they are coming from.

I just find it humorous that people don't realize that they are dancing on someone else's string.

you mean like the pretend grass roots activists who were funded and revved up by paid lobbyists for the pharmaceutical companies to disrupt town hall meetings of congress members?

The tea parties should be shown for what they are.

this statement is nothing less than the member advancing it knowingly, intentionally misrepresenting those protesting the brown clown's healthcare bill.

There is absolutely no facts, anywhere on this planet; no evidence of any kind, which could hope to sustain that assertion.

It is nothing short of a lie of the damnable variety... And it represents nothing less and an abject fraud being perpetrated on the membership of this board.

It's yet another example of a progressive dishonoring themselves; proving that their ideas; the species of their reasoning is founded in simple deceit... Which demonstrates a palpable evil which cannot be tolerated in any culture which seeks to remain free; as a free culture must be a virtuous culture... And there's piss little virtue to be found in evil, kids.

Those are two parallel lines that will never interesect.

oh my, pubic is upset. Cannot stand the reality of this old world:lol:

sweet fail!

You haven't provide facts that Dick Armey and Freedom works are behind the entire Tea Party Movement. I got involved early on - and have first hand knowledge of how the movement developed. So it's a who am I going to believe - accusations about Dick Armey or my own lying eyes?

i know the willie nelson story, too, dear.

and what are you going to believe? fact or what dick armey tells you?

fact:

this is freedomworks web site:
FreedomWorks | Lower Taxes, Less Government, More Freedom

fact:

freedomworks has as its goal the 'grass roots organizing' of tea types.

fact:

dick armey founded freedomworks.

fact: dick armey's lobbying firm represents pharmaceutical companies

DLA Piper | United States | Local Services | Drug and Medical Device

you can choose to understand the correlation (because i know you can) or you can choose to be manipulated by corporate greed.

I understand the relationship between Dick Armey and Freedomworks.

But they aren't behind the Tea Party Movement. They are riding its coattails.

Yeah, I'll bet you are a real mover and shaker.

Wake up. We are talking about billions of dollars here. Unless you are worried that you won't make the payment on your third yacht, you are probably not truly "behind the scenes".

The Tea Party Movement: Who's In Charge? - Politics - The Atlantic

Here we go again:

The Atlantic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Atlantic:

On September 27, 1999, ownership of the magazine was transferred from Zuckerman to David G. Bradley, owner of the beltway news-focused National Journal Group. Bradley had promised that no major changes were in store.

Bradley, who has described himself as "a neocon guy" who came to regret his support for the Iraq invasion,[9] hired James Bennet as editor, who had been the Jerusalem bureau chief for The New York Times. He also hired writers including Jeffrey Goldberg and Andrew Sullivan[9].

They are: FreedomWorks, the conservative action group led by Dick Armey; dontGO, a tech savvy free-market action group that sprung out of last August's oil-drilling debate in the House of Representatives; and Americans for Prosperity, an issue advocacy/activist group based on free market principles. Conservative bloggers, talk show hosts, and other media figures have attached themselves to the movement in peripheral capacities. Armey will appear at a major rally in Atlanta, FreedomWorks said.

FreedomWorks and dontGO seem to have taken ownership of the bulk of this coordination. The homepage of FreedomWorks' website now offers visitors a Google map of protests taking place across the country. They say they know of 600 Tax Day protests for which they are providing resources. The group has used its e-mail list to augment the work of dontGO, which created the website Tax Day Tea Party in February. dontGO, which was formed as an online rapid response team during the House of Representatives oil drilling debate last year, says it is "tracking" 700 events under its aegis. Americans for Prosperity says it has 24 state chapters that are organizing events. Overlap between all those numbers is quite likely: FreedomWorks told me a lot of its activity has been clueing its members to other protests in the area, so protesters can cooperate and conglomerate their events.

And a more recent article:

Tea partiers air doubts about Dick Armey - Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com

It seemed a strange fit to begin with — a former House Republican leader turned $750,000-a-year Washington lobbyist who resurfaced as perhaps the single most identifiable leader of a populist, anti-Washington movement.

And in recent weeks, Dick Armey has found himself targeted by a quiet, but concerted campaign from fellow conservatives challenging — and seeking to undermine — his status as a leader of the tea party movement.

Still, FreedomWorks has undeniably played a key role in some of the tea party’s seminal moments, encouraging activists to protest Democratic health care plans at congressional town halls last summer and spending $500,000 to organize the massive “Taxpayer March on Washington” last fall.

Since it emerged as among the leading national organizers for the tea party movement, FreedomWorks has seen its membership soar from 150,000 at the beginning of last year to nearly 600,000 today, and has experienced a boom in small-dollar online donations, Brandon said. The group is not required to disclose its donors, but according to Brandon, corporate donations comprise only about 10 percent of FreedomWorks’ annual $7 million budget.

Yep, because paying over $500,000 to various groups, holding various rallies, and giving resources to over 600 tea party events is just riding those coattails. :lol:

Do you have fun lying to yourself constantly?

What? The big money in medicine is behind all of this?

Say it ain't so!

Wow? People who stand to be run out of business want to protect their livelihoods?

Say it ain't so! :rolleyes:

Oh, I can see where they are coming from.

I just find it humorous that people don't realize that they are dancing on someone else's string.

ROFLMNAO... Progressives... They concede by default, then due to a lack of discernible virtue, they can't resist simply repeating the discredited point.

Funny stuff.

Wake up. We are talking about billions of dollars here. Unless you are worried that you won't make the payment on your third yacht, you are probably not truly "behind the scenes".

I'm just a regular person like the millions of other people across the country who are concerned enough to speak out.

You can keep posting your nonsense - but repetition doesn't make it more compelling.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Yeah right. A lobbyist group is riding the coat-tails of of a bunch of people with signs and are generous enough to bankroll it.

Who is paying Freedomworks?

Yep, because paying over $500,000 to various groups, holding various rallies, and giving resources to over 600 tea party events is just riding those coattails. :lol:

$500,000!!!!!

Let's see - that is support of $833 per tea party event. There are thousands of other events beyond those 600.

LOL! That's the cost of a permit and maybe part of rental for the sound system. It's pretty clear that the participants are volunteers speaking for themselves - so your big funding conspiracy looks rather puny.

Please, look at George Soros and put things in perspective.

Last edited:

I'm just a regular person like the millions of other people across the country who are concerned enough to speak out.

You can keep posting your nonsense - but repetition doesn't make it more compelling.

Hey, it's a free country. If you want to take the time to protect Pfizer's bottom line, you have that right.

I predict this will be an easy cop-out for the teabaggers to blame the future embarrassing actions of their events on.

From this point forward, it will all be "liberal agitators".

Let's see if that sticks.

The people who put up that site shot themselves in the foot as far as credibility, for sure.

On the other hand, the usual suspects didn't exactly need an excuse. All they've done is create a reasonable doubt in the minds of more rational folks who happen to hear about it.

And in a way that's more destructive to the tea parties than anything, because they'll be more likely to ignore and make excuses for the extremists that do hang around the fringes and give them a black eye when most of the protesters aren't extreme.

(I know, I'm just pissing everybody off in this thread, aren't I?)
The only problem is that the average Tea Party person are well aware of the tactic's out there to try and discredit them. They all know to have a camcorder, cell phone to record everything.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

And I'll even concede this kind of infiltration as it's been called happens in any well-publicized political movement of any size, that's nothing new or limited to one side. Remember the backwards B on a McCain worker's cheek? But there aren't that many - you'd have to be among the rare hardcore fringe yourself to go to the effort. How many people do you think *actually* threw their votes away in Operation Chaos?

But are you going to use your camcorders and cell phones on every crackpot who disrupts or coopts the message, not just the ones you suspect of being plants but the birthers, and the secessionists, and the people who do call for violence? I hope so. IMO, if you don't and just use kids like these as an excuse not to find fault with your own fringe lunatics it'll backfire worse on you.

$500,000!!!!!

Let's see - that is support of $833 per tea party event. There are thousands of other events beyond those 600.

LOL! That's the cost of a permit and maybe part of rental for the sound system.

Please, look at George Soros and put things in perspective.

Who else in the tea party movement has given $500,000 to fund events? Bueller? Bueller?

$500,000 is quite a large amount of money to be putting out there. Never mind a membership count of 600,000.

Peddle your George Soros conspiracy theories elsewhere.

Pennies on the dollar when compared to the money they are receiving from big pharma.

You've got to hand it to Armey, only someone so vile er I mean astute would find a way to trick people into doing his dirty work for free by convincing them it was in their political best interest.

The local ones here in the Bay Area have been having fund raising events and selling t-shirts. They've also gotten donations from a local radio station to help with sound equipment. Dick Armey is not the godfather bankrolling them - nor is Big Pharma.

But if they were - wow, wouldn't they effective at getting millions of people to volunteer? Dick Armey would be more of a community organizer than Obama in that case.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back