Crashtheteaparty.org

Hardly. The government forcing people to buy something they do not want is a tax, however they label it. The result will be more expensive health insurance, which has been documented in many threads on this board (which you would understand if you read for comprehension and retention, and had any real life experience to give you the wisdom to grok what is happening in the U.S. today).

15M people are unemployed - 44% of them for 6 months or longer. Temporary tax credits for them are Very Cold Comfort. Full time jobs are being lost faster than the meager amount being created.

Gasoline costs are creeping up (an inflationary "tax") which will erode living standards as people spend more for energy.

More to come...it's going to get worse when the Bush tax cuts expire next year.

You attack my so called "lack of real life experience" where I've told you time and time again that you have no real clue about my life and what I've done.

You already ignorantly enough think you know better than me what goes on at college campuses. And previously had dismissed my opinion about college campuses because I go to one.

I have to think you are a left winger trolling to make the right look bad because nobody can be that stupid.

And if Obama does raise taxes, he'll have just done something VERY similar to what Reagan did. And we all know about the right's worship of Reagan. However, I think you'll be like Sarah Palin on that one.

[You attack my so called "lack of real life experience" where I've told you time and time again that you have no real clue about my life and what I've done.

You already ignorantly enough think you know better than me what goes on at college campuses. And previously had dismissed my opinion about college campuses because I go to one.

I have to think you are a left winger trolling to make the right look bad because nobody can be that stupid.

And if Obama does raise taxes, he'll have just done something VERY similar to what Reagan did. And we all know about the right's worship of Reagan. However, I think you'll be like Sarah Palin on that one.

Oh.Mi.Gawd

Obama is not doing anything remotely like what Reagan did.

Please, read some history.

[You attack my so called "lack of real life experience" where I've told you time and time again that you have no real clue about my life and what I've done.

Oh.Mi.Gawd

Definitely, Doggie needs to read about Reagan's administration---especially since he isn't old enough to remember it. But he needs to make sure to read fair and balanced accounts. Not jaundiced history that has been re-written by leftists to fit their metanarrative.

Mmmmmay, Doggie?

ROFLMNAO...

Did anyone else catch that?

ObamaCare is going to prevent people from dying!

Now kids... That's what she believes... It's a fools paradise, Progressivism... Vote accordingly.

Did I ever say "Obamacare" is going to prevent people from dying? No.

However, people who are able to see the doctor when deathly ill have a better shot of surviving than those who don't. Wouldn't you say?

I'm a he by the way you wingnut.

Well I actually quoted your entire statement... Highlighted it, emboldened it, and italicized it...

Yet YOU CHOSE TO OMIT WHAT YOU SAID...

No problem though...

Here's what ya said:

... A small price to pay for everyone in this country being able to get health care in this country and not having to die because of a lack of it. ...

Now that IS YOU, is it not? And are you NOT saying that because people will have healthcare, they will not have to die?

I mean I'm an expert in the english language; a student of some 40 years applied study... and in my expert opinion; that is you; as indicated by your signature Screen Name... and that IS what you said.

You're just feeling humiliated that it's been pointed OUT, and now you desperately need to requalify your assertion... and to do so in such a way that it DECEITFULLY APPEARS, that you were taken out of context; which you clearly WERE NOT!

But go ahead... correct yourself... or prove yourself a FOOLISH CLOWN by failing to do so.

I think the entire point is not of free speech but the fact that this group would lie and pretend to be somebody they are not just to defame a group they are in opposition to. It would be one thing if they held their own protest and come out as themselves but they are hiding, lying, and this doesn't bode well.

Next week, thousands of local tea party groups are planning peaceful events on April 15th to protest excessive taxation, federaal spending, deficits and debt, and ObamaCare.

An organization has been launched by people intent on smearing and discrediting the Tea Parties: Crash The Tea Party!

It's not surprising that there has been a great deal of commentary in the leftwing press and attacks by the Dems to call Tea Party members racists, terrorists and the like. If any racist or violent incidents happen next Thursday at the Tea Parties, they will most certainly be caused by these Alinsky-esque infiltrators.

you people are sure obsessed with Alinsky.

but why would you have a problem with counter demonstrations? It appears that the organization is made up of dems, independents and repubs who want to make their presence known.

the first amendment is a beautiful thing.

or would you prefer that the tea parties look like they have no opposition even though only about 20 or so percent of the country supports that non-movement.

Last edited:
Next week, thousands of local tea party groups are planning peaceful events on April 15th to protest excessive taxation, federaal spending, deficits and debt, and ObamaCare.

An organization has been launched by people intent on smearing and discrediting the Tea Parties: Crash The Tea Party!

It's not surprising that there has been a great deal of commentary in the leftwing press and attacks by the Dems to call Tea Party members racists, terrorists and the like. If any racist or violent incidents happen next Thursday at the Tea Parties, they will most certainly be caused by these Alinsky-esque infiltrators.
Wow....A message board.

That'll show 'em! ;) :rolleyes:

Wrong.

The larger Tea Parties involve getting permits and incurring expenses to stage the event. Others do not have the right to hijack and disrupt it for their own agendas.

Thank you.

Then it's up to the tea partiers to enforce that - and take responsibility for doing so in the manner they would want shown on the news. From what I've seen some groups have been successful with that, others not so much.

On one hand opening up an event to the public, inviting all comers and still staying in control of message and reserving the right to kick out people you don't like really is tough. There's a reason these things draw crackpots like flies in addition to the everyday folks.

On the other hand outright proclaiming people you don't like have no right to speak probably isn't the best way to go about it if you ask me, which you didn't.

Good luck with all that, all sarcasm aside.

Gasoline costs are creeping up (an inflationary "tax") which will erode living standards as people spend more for energy..

Oh.Mi.Gawd

Please read some history, if Obama does raise taxes he'll be VERY similar to Reagan.

Bruce Bartlett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bruce Bartlett (b. October 11, 1951, in Ann Arbor, Michigan) is an American historian who turned to writing about supply-side economics. He was a domestic policy adviser to President Ronald Reagan and was a Treasury official under President George H.W. Bush.

Bruce Bartlett on Tax Increases & Reagan on NRO Financial

The only problem with this analysis is that it is historically inaccurate. Reagan may have resisted calls for tax increases, but he ultimately supported them. In 1982 alone, he signed into law not one but two major tax increases. The Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA) raised taxes by $37.5 billion per year and the Highway Revenue Act raised the gasoline tax by another $3.3 billion.

According to a recent Treasury Department study, TEFRA alone raised taxes by almost 1 percent of the gross domestic product, making it the largest peacetime tax increase in American history. An increase of similar magnitude today would raise more than $100 billion per year.

In 1983, Reagan signed legislation raising the Social Security tax rate. This is a tax increase that lives with us still, since it initiated automatic increases in the taxable wage base. As a consequence, those with moderately high earnings see their payroll taxes rise every single year.

In 1984, Reagan signed another big tax increase in the Deficit Reduction Act. This raised taxes by $18 billion per year or 0.4 percent of GDP. A similar-sized tax increase today would be about $44 billion.

The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 raised taxes yet again. Even the Tax Reform Act of 1986, which was designed to be revenue-neutral, contained a net tax increase in its first 2 years. And the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1987 raised taxes still more.

I count that he raised taxes SIX times in four years. But hey, what do I know? After all, I'm just a college student.

;)

but why would you have a problem with counter demonstrations?

It's not a counter demonstration. It's an infiltration effort to pretend to be Tea Party members and behave in ways to discredit the Tea Party Movement.

If they were just protesting against the Tea Parties - that would be fine. It would be honest and consistent with their Freedom of Speech.

It's not a counter demonstration. It's an infiltration effort to pretend to be Tea Party members and behave in ways to discredit the Tea Party Movement.

If they were just protesting against the Tea Parties - that would be fine. It would be honest and consistent with their Freedom of Speech.

you mean like the pretend grass roots activists who were funded and revved up by paid lobbyists for the pharmaceutical companies to disrupt town hall meetings of congress members?

the tea parties should be shown for what they are.

Definitely, Doggie needs to read about Reagan's administration---especially since he isn't old enough to remember it. But he needs to make sure to read fair and balanced accounts. Not jaundiced history that has been re-written by leftists to fit their metanarrative.

Mmmmmay, Doggie?

You're going to have to wipe that egg off your face Jeny because of post #90 in this thread. :eusa_whistle:

I predict this will be an easy cop-out for the teabaggers to blame the future embarrassing actions of their events on.

From this point forward, it will all be "liberal agitators".

Let's see if that sticks.

you mean like the pretend grass roots activists who were funded and revved up by paid lobbyists for the pharmaceutical companies to disrupt town hall meetings of congress members?

the tea parties should be shown for what they are.

I haven't seen anything about pharmaceutical companies sponsoring the disruption of town hall meetings. Please provide some credible support for that.

It's rather funny they would do that given that Big Pharma had already cut a deal with Obama. But if they did, it's not something I am going to defend.

Still waiting for Boe's "cutting retort" to Post #90 in this thread. However, I'm sure all I'll get in response for that is another jab at my age, instead of use any actual facts or statistics.

COME ON! It's a DAMN LIE! It's PROGRESSIVES ABUSING THE SYSTEM TO PERPETUATE A FREAKIN' FRAUD! It's WHO THEY ARE!

It's not a protest, it is an overt attempt to decietfully misrepresent the opposition; which is EVERY BIT the same principle-less species of reasoning which provides for their CHRONIC NEED TO MISREPRESENT WHO THEY ARE... The same way they MISREPRESENT THEIR POLICIES, Naming their bills to represent PRECISELY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE BILL WILL ACTUALLY DO!

It's the same reason why THEY DEMAND THAT CITIZENS ARE ENTITLED TO VOTE WITHOUT A PHOTO ID; ITS WHY THEY SEEK TO REGISTER FAKE REGISTRANTS... TO REGISTER PEOPLE WHO WILL NEVER VOTE... SO THEY CAN SEND SOMEONE IN TO VOTE UNDER THEIR NAME.

They are USURPERS; DECEIVERS and FRAUDS; THEY ARE SUBVERSIVES... and they have absolutely NO CLAIM to the honorable title of "American."

And one need go NO FURTHER than this very forum to see how they comport themselves... to see the SAME pattern of abuse... the evidence is extensive and it is incontestable.

Last edited:
COME ON! It's a DAMN LIE! It's PROGRESSIVES ABUSING THE SYSTEM TO PERPETUATE A FREAKIN' FRAUD! It's WHO THEY ARE!

It's not a protest, it is an overt attempt to decietfully misrepresent the opposition; which is EVERY BIT the same principle-less species of reasoning which provides for their CHRONIC NEED TO MISREPRESENT WHO THEY ARE... The same way they MISREPRESENT THEIR POLICIES, Naming their bills to represent PRECISELY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT THE BILL WILL ACTUALLY DO!

It's the same reason why THEY DEMAND THAT CITIZENS ARE ENTITLED TO VOTE WITHOUT A PHOTO ID; ITS WHY THEY SEEK TO REGISTER FAKE REGISTRANTS... TO REGISTER PEOPLE WHO WILL NEEVER VOTE... SO THEY CAN SEND SOMEONE IN TO VOTE UNDER THEIR NAME.

They are USURPERS; DECEIVERS and FRAUDS.

And one does not have to go ANY Farther then this very forum to see how they comport themselves... the evidence is extensive and incontestable.

:lol: Look everyone, the birther racist is going ALL CAPS again. He must have something important to say.

:lol:

I predict this will be an easy cop-out for the teabaggers to blame the future embarrassing actions of their events on.

From this point forward, it will all be "liberal agitators".

Let's see if that sticks.

The people who put up that site shot themselves in the foot as far as credibility, for sure.

On the other hand, the usual suspects didn't exactly need an excuse. All they've done is create a reasonable doubt in the minds of more rational folks who happen to hear about it.

And in a way that's more destructive to the tea parties than anything, because they'll be more likely to ignore and make excuses for the extremists that do hang around the fringes and give them a black eye when most of the protesters aren't extreme.

(I know, I'm just pissing everybody off in this thread, aren't I?)

Still waiting for Boe's "cutting retort" to Post #90 in this thread. However, I'm sure all I'll get in response for that is another jab at my age, instead of use any actual facts or statistics.

Your homework is incomplete, Doggie The Bubble Pat.

Reagan on balance cut taxes far more than he raised them - something that will never be said about Obama.

4506671248_d443ce37b8_o.jpg

Forum List

Back