Cracks begin to appear in the fear mongering

New study out of CALIFORNIA, of all places, shows virus isn't near as deadly as foretold.

Los Angeles study suggests virus much more widespread %251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2FHealth%2FwireStory%2Flos-angeles-study-suggests-virus-widespread-70255010
The reason that the virus is not as dangerous in Cali is that the people there have immunity and the govt knows this which is why they will not test the people who already have antibodies and are not sick
The Stanford study shows they have about a 30% rate of people with antibodies. 50% is considered herd immunity levels that allow full economic functions. They could unleash 50% of the work force for two weeks and gain this with minimal losses. Basically in two weeks they could fully open up.
Stanford study underway right now indicated 50 to up to 85% have been exposed already. More testing is cat chasing tail foot dragging. Governors are quaking lest they be the first to reopen and one person dies, Hell, all deaths are Corona now so it’s going to happen.

The death rate is a red herring. Even if the death rate is a lot lower than thought this virus is extremely contagious and it is killing people a lot of people each day.
Reports are between .1 & .3% mortality.

You don't destroy an entire generation economically for that.

we don’t know the mortality rate because the vast majority of the country hasn’t been tested. As it stands the case mortality rate is 5%. No one wants to destroy the economy, but right now the only choice is to sacrifice to save lives. 2000 people are dying each day and that’s with extreme measures taken. How many people are you willing to sacrifice a day to get this economy running again?
People are losing their healthcare everyday by being laid off. How many people are you
willing to sacrifice?

I myself am suffering from this economy,many are worse off than I am. The economy won’t come back to normal just because we want it to. The economy is going to suffer no matter what. We’re going to have to make sacrifices. My opinion is the virus as a humanitarian issue should take priority as of this moment. This shutdown will not last forever, but we really have no choice but to be patient.

And you have a personal connection of another kind. How's your mom doing?

She’s home recovering. Thanks

The death rate is a red herring. Even if the death rate is a lot lower than thought this virus is extremely contagious and it is killing people a lot of people each day.

we don’t know the mortality rate because the vast majority of the country hasn’t been tested. As it stands the case mortality rate is 5%. No one wants to destroy the economy, but right now the only choice is to sacrifice to save lives. 2000 people are dying each day and that’s with extreme measures taken. How many people are you willing to sacrifice a day to get this economy running again?
People are losing their healthcare everyday by being laid off. How many people are you
willing to sacrifice?
Gee, the economy wasn't all that great in the first place, was it?
Unemployment was at historic lows....wasn't it?
Deficits at historic highs and couldn’t hit 3% growth...
Thanks to you vermin.
Haha.. thanks to trump shitty economic policy.
How is the CHINESE VIRUS TRUMPS FAULT?
Trump ran up huge deficits long before the virus.
Everything is trumps fault with you left wing fools...

There are 16 studies going on nation wide in representative populations that will soon tell us how penetrated our populace is with COVID-19. Of the 8 already done they average about 30% penetration across the nation. The rest will be done by the end of the week. IF these all hold the current levels of penetration we can open up very quickly as the numbers of those who can be infected will have dropped by 30-50% inside 2 weeks. Inside about 4 weeks we could be open at 100% and still be able to deal with minor outbreaks.
Wow you must be some virus expert. So are trumps reopening guidelines ok with you dr?
Trumps following long established guidelines for minimizing damage from a viral attack. Only an idiot would see it otherwise. To bad you do not have a functioning brain cell to use..
They seem fine to me. You are good with them then?

New study out of CALIFORNIA, of all places, shows virus isn't near as deadly as foretold.

Los Angeles study suggests virus much more widespread %251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2FHealth%2FwireStory%2Flos-angeles-study-suggests-virus-widespread-70255010
The reason that the virus is not as dangerous in Cali is that the people there have immunity and the govt knows this which is why they will not test the people who already have antibodies and are not sick
Actually the government told us that the mortality rate was probably much less than 1%.

Even Germany, which has done exceptionally well keeping the mortality down, is at 5%. Even if every one of its active cases recovered without dying it would be 3 1/3%. The OP is using some fuzzy math here. Apparently he wants to count people exposed but asymptomatic, meaning he wants to count as "survivors" people who never had a chance of dying in the first place.

The Stanford study shows they have about a 30% rate of people with antibodies. 50% is considered herd immunity levels that allow full economic functions. They could unleash 50% of the work force for two weeks and gain this with minimal losses. Basically in two weeks they could fully open up.
Stanford study underway right now indicated 50 to up to 85% have been exposed already. More testing is cat chasing tail foot dragging. Governors are quaking lest they be the first to reopen and one person dies, Hell, all deaths are Corona now so it’s going to happen.
Aren’t states following the trump guidelines?

Actually the government told us that the mortality rate was probably much less than 1%.

Even Germany, which has done exceptionally well keeping the mortality down, is at 5%. Even if every one of its active cases recovered without dying it would be 3 1/3%. The OP is using some fuzzy math here. Apparently he wants to count people exposed but asymptomatic, meaning he wants to count as "survivors" people who never had a chance of dying in the first place.

This is a good point. When we calculate the death rate for the flu, we look at medical visits, hospitalizations, and people who die. We don’t calculate people who recover on their own.

willing to sacrifice?

I myself am suffering from this economy,many are worse off than I am. The economy won’t come back to normal just because we want it to. The economy is going to suffer no matter what. We’re going to have to make sacrifices. My opinion is the virus as a humanitarian issue should take priority as of this moment. This shutdown will not last forever, but we really have no choice but to be patient.
Somebody dying of one affliction is better than dying of another in your opinion. Duly noted

Never said that. I’m of the opinion that the decision we should make should be based on preventing the most amount of deaths. I’m surprised you’d frame my opinion in a dishonest way.
Well, I'm surprised that while there are some hot spots in the US, most isn't. Yet, we are shut down as a nation while people are losing their jobs, and their healthcare.
People will die because of that, also. We have had worse pandemics, and our economy kept going, as this one should have been.

LOL 5 percent and they kept it down. Mortality from this is not 5 percent anywhere

This is a good point. When we calculate the death rate for the flu, we look at medical visits, hospitalizations, and people who die. We don’t calculate people who recover on their own.

--- Or people who never even got sick but simply developed antibodies (the immune system doing what it's supposed to do). From what I gather he wants to count these as "survivors", which then pads his fantasy "mortality" number. Kind of an easy gig, 'surviving" nothing.

LOL 5 percent and they kept it down. Mortality from this is not 5 percent anywhere

5 percent at present, yes. And that's one of the best rates in the world.

CLOSED CASES -- 100,148
Cases which had an outcome:
95,200 (95%) Recovered / Discharged
4,948 (5%) Deaths

Worldometers Page -- Germany

willing to sacrifice?

that's why the shut down was worse than the virus. only honest people will agree.
Then why does trump have daily briefings on it and recommend all this social distancing?
You all asked his experts

--- Or people who never even got sick but simply developed antibodies (the immune system doing what it's supposed to do). From what I gather he wants to count these as "survivors", which then pads his fantasy "mortality" number. Kind of an easy gig, 'surviving" nothing.
No none of these people are counted as survivors. Survivors are only severely sick tested people who recovered

5 percent at present, yes. And that's one of the best rates in the world.

CLOSED CASES -- 100,148
Cases which had an outcome:
95,200 (95%) Recovered / Discharged
4,948 (5%) Deaths
You get your news from romper room

No none of these people are counted as survivors. Survivors are only severely sick tested people who recovered

That's what I'm saying. The OP however wants to count anybody with antibodies. See post 10.

willing to sacrifice?

that's why the shut down was worse than the virus. only honest people will agree.
Then why does trump have daily briefings on it and recommend all this social distancing?
You all asked his experts
Well it’s trump policy.

That's what I'm saying. The OP however wants to count anybody with antibodies. See post 10.
People with antibodies had the disease and recovered or were not sick, they need to be counted

People with antibodies had the disease and recovered or were not sick, they need to be counted

Exactly. If they were not sick, there was no chance they were going to die. You can't die from nothing.

We all develop antibodies every day. It's what keeps us FROM getting sick.

Untitled.jpg

If you've developed antibodies specific to the virus, that means you have not only been exposed to the virus, you've also been infected with the virus.

That's why serology immunoglobulin test results are used in epidemiological studies to determine the spread of a pathogen in the first place.

Forum List

Back