Cracks begin to appear in the fear mongering

The death rate is a red herring. Even if the death rate is a lot lower than thought this virus is extremely contagious and it is killing people a lot of people each day.
Reports are between .1 & .3% mortality.

You don't destroy an entire generation economically for that.

we don’t know the mortality rate because the vast majority of the country hasn’t been tested. As it stands the case mortality rate is 5%. No one wants to destroy the economy, but right now the only choice is to sacrifice to save lives. 2000 people are dying each day and that’s with extreme measures taken. How many people are you willing to sacrifice a day to get this economy running again?
People are losing their healthcare everyday by being laid off. How many people are you
willing to sacrifice?
Gee, the economy wasn't all that great in the first place, was it?

The death rate is a red herring. Even if the death rate is a lot lower than thought this virus is extremely contagious and it is killing people a lot of people each day.

we don’t know the mortality rate because the vast majority of the country hasn’t been tested. As it stands the case mortality rate is 5%. No one wants to destroy the economy, but right now the only choice is to sacrifice to save lives. 2000 people are dying each day and that’s with extreme measures taken. How many people are you willing to sacrifice a day to get this economy running again?
People are losing their healthcare everyday by being laid off. How many people are you
willing to sacrifice?
Unemployment was at historic lows....wasn't it?

Probably trying to influence Trump so they can put more blame on him later if a lot of people get sick.
Right....just like the whole virus thing is a Democrat plot to make diaper donnie look bad....which wasn't that hard to do.
No, the events playing out on the people are what is being done to get rid of Trump, by causing as much hardship and loss as possible. You vile inhuman scum are that evil.

A ton of people at all the stores this weekend, shopping for what clearly wasn't essential items. Being this is liberal loony land MN, it would stand to reason that at least half of those shoppers were liberals. Seems folks are about at their limit of this shutdown across the board. Only a minority of folks with masks.
The herd immunity will happen regardless of this insane government mandate. Which is easing as our governor has expanded essential business and the lockdown ends on May4.

Really tired of the pathetic propaganda about the elderly and putting others at risk.
The Karens can piss off.
I went to WM the other day and bought paper targets and a staple gun. Gonna go to the range tomorrow probably.
Governor opened golf courses over the weekend and other outdoor activities.
The whole point of mitigation was to keep our hospitals from being overwhelmed. That has been accomplished here. Fact is the mitigation still assumes a herd immunity, and the curve was flattened, which was the whole point. There was never talk of eradication as that is not even remotely possible until a vaccine is developed, which is no guarantee as there are always unvaccinated folks out there. Polio still exists in 3 countries.
Isolate the at risk, and the rest of us need to go about our lives. We have to live with this virus for some time to come.
Yeah, but, can't we keep this fear mongering going until right after the election? Please?
It's April....the corona virus has disappeared.

New study out of CALIFORNIA, of all places, shows virus isn't near as deadly as foretold.

Los Angeles study suggests virus much more widespread %251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2FHealth%2FwireStory%2Flos-angeles-study-suggests-virus-widespread-70255010
Then why does trump have the country closed?
He doesn't, state governments do.
If only brain,
Had a brain.
New study out of CALIFORNIA, of all places, shows virus isn't near as deadly as foretold.

Los Angeles study suggests virus much more widespread %251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2FHealth%2FwireStory%2Flos-angeles-study-suggests-virus-widespread-70255010
Our liberal governor made that decision.
Not Trump.
The trump administration clearly promoted closing down. Why do you think they daily have their little updates?
He still doesn't make the decision. He can only recommend, and he mostly has been recommending opening back up which all you Karens have been bitching about from day one.
Quit being an idiotic troll.
And he recommended closing. He even has a plan for reopening.

Recommending is not ordering, liar. You can recommend for a progressive to pull his head out of his ass, but you can't make them do it.
Didn’t say he ordered. The states are following his recommendations.

willing to sacrifice?
Deficits at historic highs and couldn’t hit 3% growth...

As it stands the case mortality rate is 5%
That is not the mortality rate. That number is only being reported because no one has been tested. Once tests are widespread that number WILL drop BELOW 1%
More people being tested will not cause more deaths.

I said case mortality rate. I literally said we don’t know the mortality rate because of lack of testing. Some of the top experts in the world are predicting when it’s all said and done the mortality rate will be ten times that of the flu, which again is irrelevant, because who cares what the mortality rate is when thousands are dying each day?
thousands were dying of opiods and no one fking cared. now you care?

Are u retarded? 150 people die each day on opioid overdoses
for over four years now. no one said shit. Tucker Carlson was constantly bringing it up and the left laughed at him. Now you care about people dying?

willing to sacrifice?
I thought you all were saying it was obammy's. so it wasn't great. Ahhh you finally agreeed.

A ton of people at all the stores this weekend, shopping for what clearly wasn't essential items. Being this is liberal loony land MN, it would stand to reason that at least half of those shoppers were liberals. Seems folks are about at their limit of this shutdown across the board. Only a minority of folks with masks.
The herd immunity will happen regardless of this insane government mandate. Which is easing as our governor has expanded essential business and the lockdown ends on May4.

Really tired of the pathetic propaganda about the elderly and putting others at risk.
The Karens can piss off.
I went to WM the other day and bought paper targets and a staple gun. Gonna go to the range tomorrow probably.
Governor opened golf courses over the weekend and other outdoor activities.
The whole point of mitigation was to keep our hospitals from being overwhelmed. That has been accomplished here. Fact is the mitigation still assumes a herd immunity, and the curve was flattened, which was the whole point. There was never talk of eradication as that is not even remotely possible until a vaccine is developed, which is no guarantee as there are always unvaccinated folks out there. Polio still exists in 3 countries.
Isolate the at risk, and the rest of us need to go about our lives. We have to live with this virus for some time to come.
Yeah, but, can't we keep this fear mongering going until right after the election? Please?
It's April....the corona virus has disappeared.
There has been worse pandemics without the economy shutting down.
Probably wasn't an election year.

willing to sacrifice?

I myself am suffering from this economy,many are worse off than I am. The economy won’t come back to normal just because we want it to. The economy is going to suffer no matter what. We’re going to have to make sacrifices. My opinion is the virus as a humanitarian issue should take priority as of this moment. This shutdown will not last forever, but we really have no choice but to be patient.

That is not the mortality rate. That number is only being reported because no one has been tested. Once tests are widespread that number WILL drop BELOW 1%

I said case mortality rate. I literally said we don’t know the mortality rate because of lack of testing. Some of the top experts in the world are predicting when it’s all said and done the mortality rate will be ten times that of the flu, which again is irrelevant, because who cares what the mortality rate is when thousands are dying each day?

for over four years now. no one said shit. Tucker Carlson was constantly bringing it up and the left laughed at him. Now you care about people dying?

How do you know my thoughts on the opioid crisis? That’s right you don’t and you’re talking out of your ass.

willing to sacrifice?

I myself am suffering from this economy,many are worse off than I am. The economy won’t come back to normal just because we want it to. The economy is going to suffer no matter what. We’re going to have to make sacrifices. My opinion is the virus as a humanitarian issue should take priority as of this moment. This shutdown will not last forever, but we really have no choice but to be patient.
We do have a choice. The longer we remain closed the worse we make it.
It's time to stop reacting emotionally and start responding logically

If only brain,
Had a brain.

Not Trump.
The trump administration clearly promoted closing down. Why do you think they daily have their little updates?
He still doesn't make the decision. He can only recommend, and he mostly has been recommending opening back up which all you Karens have been bitching about from day one.

Recommending is not ordering, liar. You can recommend for a progressive to pull his head out of his ass, but you can't make them do it.
Yet that's still Trump's fault, right?

willing to sacrifice?
Thanks to you vermin.

willing to sacrifice?

Somebody dying of one affliction is better than dying of another in your opinion. Duly noted

willing to sacrifice?
Don't blame Congress

willing to sacrifice?

Somebody dying of one affliction is better than dying of another in your opinion. Duly noted
Roko has been personally affected by the virus so his perspective is tilted towards an emotional response. I get that and I can understand it. Having said that most of the responses we see on here are not based on personal experiences but partisan arguments

If only brain,
Had a brain.

Not Trump.

Yet that's still Trump's fault, right?
That states are following his recommendations?

How do you know my thoughts on the opioid crisis? That’s right you don’t and you’re talking out of your ass.
were you in here ranting about it? just asking, are you honest?

Forum List

Back