Cowell self combusting

tigerbob

Increasingly jaded.
Oct 27, 2007
Michigan
I know he has his fans, but I can't say I'll be sorry if Mr Smug fades from public view.

Simon Cowell has made many, many mistakes in his life, and up until now has admitted to them all with good-natured embarrassment.
In his record company days he turned down Take That, saying of Gary Barlow: ‘I don’t like the lead singer, he’s too fat.’
He also missed out on signing the Spice Girls, and failed to buy the song Hit Me Baby One More Time, which was a colossal, career- making hit for Britney Spears.
More recently, he fired Louis Walsh from The X Factor and then realised he had blundered. And that’s not even mentioning his attempts to take Cheryl Cole to America.
Despite all this, up until now his successes have been such that it has been possible to paint him as a Midas figure. He was ‘King Cowell’, the biggest star in the global television world — a man who had built a £200 million fortune on the basis of his seemingly unassail-able instincts for popular entertainment.
But this week, as his shows were being beaten in the ratings on both sides of the Atlantic, a biography was published which — although unauthorised — he has fully co-operated with.
And what a colossal mistake that co-operation turns out to have been. The book, by former BBC journalist Tom Bower, is titled Sweet Revenge: The Intimate Life Of Simon Cowell, and it went on sale yesterday.

Read more: Is Simon Cowell self destructing? A new book paints him as a crude, misogynistic womaniser - with some very strange personal habits | Mail Online

Is Simon Cowell self destructing? A new book paints him as a crude, misogynistic womaniser - with some very strange personal habits | Mail Online

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back