Covenant Marriage

It’s hypocrisy! You people claim to oppose those benefits but take advantage of them.

Not it is not. Yes, I do oppose them, but as long as they are the law of the land I will use them.
Then, at the same , advocate for the abolishment of those benefits for people who depend on them. If you disapprove of them do not partake of them and leave the rest if us alone

Yes, they need to go. Get off your fat lazy ass and make something of yourself so you do not have to rely on such things.

Not it is not. Yes, I do oppose them, but as long as they are the law of the land I will use them.

Yes, they need to go. Get off your fat lazy ass and make something of yourself so you do not have to rely on such things.
Let me tell you something. I am neither fat or lazy. I worked every fucking day of my life since I was 16 and I’m now 76. The reality of the economy is that working people are at a disadvantage and the system is weighted against them, Thanks mostly to Republicans the tax structure favors the wealthy who get most of the deductions and benefit from the loop holes. So for you to take the position that working people should not be entitled to the breaks that they have indicates to me that you are either wealthy or just a damned fool

Let me tell you something. I am neither fat or lazy. I worked every fucking day of my life since I was 16 and I’m now 76. The reality of the economy is that working people are at a disadvantage and the system is weighted against them, Thanks mostly to Republicans the tax structure favors the wealthy who get most of the deductions and benefit from the loop holes. So for you to take the position that working people should not be entitled to the breaks that they have indicates to me that you are either wealthy or just a damned fool

As you so correctly pointed out, the wealthy who get most of the deductions and benefit from the loop holes. Close those loop holes and end those deductions and they are now paying what they should be and the working people could pay a lower rate and the Govt would still have enough money to not be running in the red

People were married all through history without the governments permission.
It is not permission.
It is to ensure the marriage is legal.
Et. al. - Not already married, both of legal age, not blood related etc.
It also informs the court systems (clerks office) of the marriage so they can apply for tax benefits and legal protection.

It is not permission.
It is to ensure the marriage is legal.
Et. al. - Not already married, both of legal age, not blood related etc.
It also informs the court systems (clerks office) of the marriage so they can apply for tax benefits and legal protection.

Seems you go on to note how it is permission.

Seems you go on to note how it is permission.
We are a nation of laws.
Originally, laws are written to protect the weak from the predation of the strong.
In this case, to stop inhumane arranged marriages that was downright slavery and human trafficking.
30 year old men marrying 13 year old girls.
The first law in 1913 was to give women citizenship apart from her husband. Prior to this women had no rights. They could not own property, were not allowed to keep wages or inheritances. Many were imprisoned for life as virtual slaves to their husbands whims.
Marriage greatly improves national stability. So other laws were written to encourage people to marry.
And on and on.

It is not permission, it is protection.

Covenant marriage is a legally distinct kind of marriage in three states (Arizona, Arkansas, and Louisiana) of the United States, in which the marrying spouses agree to obtain pre-marital counseling and accept more limited grounds for later seeking divorce (the least strict of which being that the couple lives apart from each other for two years). Louisiana became the first state to pass a covenant marriage law in 1997;[1][2] shortly afterwards, Arkansas[3] and Arizona[4] followed suit. Since its inception, very few couples in those states have married under covenant marriage law.[citation needed]

Usually the man leads to felonious assault, the man is usually committing adultery.
I have nothing to forgive husband for, we've been married 36 years. Forgiveness is one most crucial, but I don't think Johnson knows anything about it. If only I could have my husband to quit smoking. All republican states.
What’s your point?

Forum List

Back