Court Rules that CNN officially puts out fake news

CNN used to do good news, then Ted Turner flipped out and reversed course and now it is just a Commie Nut Network.

CNN aired a "series of false and defamatory news reports"
Court rules that CNN officially puts out fake news
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many already knew this, but the authority can do no wrong lovers can only believe it once a gawd damn court tells them they are fake. Then it is ok, then it's not a conspiracy, then it is real, OMFG...

Haaa your story is bullshit...

"While Judge Orinda Evans didn’t all out declare that CNN was peddling in falsehoods"

Here comes the Judge...Here comes the Judge...

d1cYdc.gif
It's hysterical how these rightwing nuts rely on fake news to call CNN, fake news.

:spinner:

Your just pissed off because you are a die hard CNN fool whose little sources is getting crushed and you don't like it lmfao..

CNN CLOWN NEWS NETWORK................. too bad so sad.
LOLOL

And by "getting crushed," you mean having a conspiracy nut like Alex Jones falsely claim a court ruled a final outcome on a case; which in fact, has not even gone to trial. :eusa_doh:

No one claimed the court ruled a "final outcome", they merely said the court ruled the case would go forward, and that CNN was lying, which is exactly what the court said:

...what the court said:
“The Court finds these allegations sufficient to establish that CNN was acting recklessly with regard to the accuracy of its report, i.e., with ‘actual malice,” the order reads. CNN had tried to get the case dismissed.

....and what Alex Jones said:
On Wednesday, Federal District Judge Orinda Evans ruled that the case could move forward, even ruling that she found that CNN may have On Wednesday, Federal District Judge Orinda Evans r with “actual malice” with the report — a standard necessary to prove a...

The only one lying here is you.

How many already knew this, but the authority can do no wrong lovers can only believe it once a gawd damn court tells them they are fake. Then it is ok, then it's not a conspiracy, then it is real, OMFG...

InfoWars???? What a joke? Conspiracy theories and other outright lies. The website which only 18% of Americans think is truthful.

InfoWars is a fake news site.

CNN used to do good news, then Ted Turner flipped out and reversed course and now it is just a Commie Nut Network.

"While Judge Orinda Evans didn’t all out declare that CNN was peddling in falsehoods"

d1cYdc.gif
It's hysterical how these rightwing nuts rely on fake news to call CNN, fake news.

Your just pissed off because you are a die hard CNN fool whose little sources is getting crushed and you don't like it lmfao..

LOLOL

And by "getting crushed," you mean having a conspiracy nut like Alex Jones falsely claim a court ruled a final outcome on a case; which in fact, has not even gone to trial. :eusa_doh:

No one claimed the court ruled a "final outcome", they merely said the court ruled the case would go forward, and that CNN was lying, which is exactly what the court said:

...what the court said:
“The Court finds these allegations sufficient to establish that CNN was acting recklessly with regard to the accuracy of its report, i.e., with ‘actual malice,” the order reads. CNN had tried to get the case dismissed.

On Wednesday, Federal District Judge Orinda Evans ruled that the case could move forward, even ruling that she found that CNN may have On Wednesday, Federal District Judge Orinda Evans r with “actual malice” with the report — a standard necessary to prove a...

Either you didn't read the thread title (which comes from Alex Jones' article) or you're too stupid to understand it. No worries, no skin off my back.

Exactly which court ruled that?

d1cYdc.gif

LOLOL

...what the court said:

Either you didn't read the thread title (which comes from Alex Jones' article) or you're too stupid to understand it. No worries, no skin off my back.

The one Judge Evans presides over.

LOLOL

...what the court said:

LOLOL

Sorry, no one beyond the brain-dead right is subject to such alternative facts. In reality, the court did not rule that CNN officially puts out fake news. All the court did was to dismiss CNN's motion to dismiss the case.

LOLOL

...what the court said:

LOLOL

Sorry, no one beyond the brain-dead right is subject to such alternative facts. In reality, the court did not rule that CNN officially puts out fake news. All the court did was to dismiss CNN's motion to dismiss the case.

Wow, you really are doubling down on stupid.

The article stated the court ruled the case was moving forward (not dismissed). 100% factual.

The article also stated the court ruled CNN acted "recklessly" in regards to its "accuracy", as well as with "malice". 100% factual.

It's not a big leap to characterize acting "recklessly in regards to accuracy" to lying. And a news organization that knowingly lies these days is called "fake news".

Now, you can continue to deny this if you wish, it's your dignity on the line. I personally hope you do, I always enjoy watching snowflakes melt.

LOLOL

...what the court said:

LOLOL

The article stated the court ruled the case was moving forward (not dismissed). 100% factual.

The article also stated the court ruled CNN acted "recklessly" in regards to its "accuracy", as well as with "malice". 100% factual.

It's not a big leap to characterize acting "recklessly in regards to accuracy" to lying. And a news organization that knowingly lies these days is called "fake news".

Now, you can continue to deny this if you wish, it's your dignity on the line. I personally hope you do, I always enjoy watching snowflakes melt.
Thanks for the mind-numbingly stupid perspective. :rolleyes:

Tossing a motion to dismiss is not tantamount to a final adjudication, as the thread title claims.

Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif_zps66b02891.gif

...what the court said:

LOLOL

Tossing a motion to dismiss is not tantamount to a final adjudication, as the thread title claims.

No one ever said it was a "final" ruling dumbass. You pulled that one out of your ass.

If a company puts out false advertising , such as posting a TV for sale at 40 instead of 400, consumers can demand that offer be honored and enforced. I think the fine for false advertising is 500 per incident or complaint.

I'm not real sure where you got this from, but if you read any ad like this in the newspaper, they always have in small writing "not responsible for typographical errors". That covers them in a situation such as you described.
Yes typos are one thing.
But I work for a company where tons of customers ordered water that was listed wrong and the company had to fulfill those orders placed before it was corrected.

That's the reality in practice .

As for INTENTIONAL slander fraud misrepreaentation: once people document by certified mail they sent notice contesting a statememt and to correct or remove it, it is clearly no longer a typo or oversight once the company is informed of an error or fault.

So why not set up a system for complaints and corrections. If the focus is on corrections and encouraging voluntary participation then everyone benefits
In a system that regulates as you suggest there would also need to be a consequence for false reporting on false reporting. It would need to fall under different categories too, liable, misinformation, propaganda, etc.....

LOLOL

No one ever said it was a "final" ruling dumbass. You pulled that one out of your ass.
The thread title says it. Mr. Carbone is suing CNN under the claim that they reported erroneously about the establishment where he was CEO. That has not be decided in court, nor could it be, since the case has not yet gone to trial. Yet the thread title ridiculously claims the court ruled that CNN did indeed pump out "fake news."

That has not been decided, I don't care how addicted to L.A. Law you are.

LOLOL

The thread title says it. Mr. Carbone is suing CNN under the claim that they reported erroneously about the establishment where he was CEO. That has not be decided in court, nor could it be, since the case has not yet gone to trial. Yet the thread title ridiculously claims the court ruled that CNN did indeed pump out "fake news."

Except the court did find that CNN was lying. Hey if you don't agree with the Judge that's one thing, but you can't claim the judge didn't make a ruling. CNN tried to have the case dismissed, there was a court hearing, the Judge ruled that the evidence showed CNN did lie, and refused to dismiss the case.

The headline they used was a bit over the top, but it is accurate. The judge did rule that CNN was lying.

Then don't watch the shit, duh

Exactly which court ruled that?[/QUOTE]

The one Judge Evans presides over.[/QUOTE]
LOLOL

Sorry, no one beyond the brain-dead right is subject to such alternative facts. In reality, the court did not rule that CNN officially puts out fake news. All the court did was to dismiss CNN's motion to dismiss the case.[/QUOTE]

Now, you can continue to deny this if you wish, it's your dignity on the line. I personally hope you do, I always enjoy watching snowflakes melt.[/QUOTE]

LOLOL

The judge did not "rule" that CNN acted with malice or put out fake news. The ONLY ruling that the judge made was that the case could go forward, because CNN may have acted with malice - something that can only be determined at a full trial. A judge would only rule that someone acted with malice at the final disposition of the case, after ALL OF THE EVIDENCE had been presented.

The story is false. The headline is false. It's Info-Wars that is putting out "fake news" here, implying a ruling that never happened.

LOLOL

Except the court did find that CNN was lying. Hey if you don't agree with the Judge that's one thing, but you can't claim the judge didn't make a ruling. CNN tried to have the case dismissed, there was a court hearing, the Judge ruled that the evidence showed CNN did lie, and refused to dismiss the case.

The headline they used was a bit over the top, but it is accurate. The judge did rule that CNN was lying.
LOLOL

You rightards crack me up.

How on Earth do you convince yourself the court found that CNN was lying when CNN has yet to present a defense to the court??

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

That's really how you think our justice system functions?? Someone claims allegations, and without defending themselves in trial, the allegations are ruled to be true?

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Yes, there was a ruling. The judge ruled that CNN's motion to dismiss was denied because Carbone's allegations met the requirements to proceed with a trial and that CNN's motion to dismiss failed to sufficiently address the charges against them. But nowhere in the judges ruling did she state that CNN put out fake news; nor did she say they acted recklessly. She said the allegations (which haven't been proven yet since there's been no trial yet) were sufficient to establish they acted recklessly.

Are you even capable of comprehending the distinction? Being a conservative, I'm guessing not. She's not saying they did in fact act recklessly, she's saying the allegations against them establish they acted recklessly ... and the allegations haven't been proven yet; meaning it hasn't been proven that they did act recklessly.

My goodness, you rightards are fucking brain-dead from the neck up.

The court did not rule on anything pertaining to this case, other the dismissal. In giving reasons for the ruling, the court stated that CNN MAY have met the standard for libel, but we won't get a RULING of what CNN did or did not do until ALL OF THE EVIDENCE IS PRESENTED AT TRIAL.

InfoWars lied, and you're lying now.

I'm pretty sure it is true, infowars provided a link to the source which goes to here
Ahh so this is the guy always lecturing the forum in all caps to DO YOUR RESEARCH FOLKS. You're "prettty sure" your latest infowars regurgitation is true.

Read your own link, a judge ordered a defamation suit against CNN can go forward. That isn't a ruling saying they officially put out fake news, it's a ruling that the suit won't just be tossed out as CNN petitioned. Any corporation facing a lawsuit would first try to have it thrown out, it can save them a lot of money if it is.

You wag your finger about false information, yet consistently spread exactly that.

d1cYdc.gif

LOLOL

...what the court said:

They focus on " ALEX SAID", and that's all they see............... Forget going to the link provided which take us to the the Original source of the court filings....................no wonder they are considered .................n liberals.

What if we start policing media with the same standards on consumer advertising .

If a company puts out false advertising , such as posting a TV for sale at 40 instead of 400, consumers can demand that offer be honored and enforced. I think the fine for false advertising is 500 per incident or complaint.

If media were held to this same standard or similar, could editors be required to correct incorrect information or misreoreaentatiob or face 500 fines per complaint

What if the public got paid for each complaint that isn't corrected

Would that stop this nonsense of deliberately posting false statements slander or libel and restore integrity and truth in advertising and media
So you don't believe in the First Amendment

Forum List

Back