Couple loses custody of son for treating him with marijuana

It’s not physically addictive like other schedule 1 drugs,
stupid that it is schedule one

Thank nixon for that.

People were protesting him and the Vietnam war out on the white house grounds. He had no legal standing to have them removed or arrested.

He noticed most of them were smoking pot. At the time pot was illegal but not scheduled one or a felony. It was just a misdemeanor much like a traffic violation.

He made marijuana a schedule one drug and a federal felony so he could arrest those protesters and remove them from the white house grounds.

Our nation has been suffering ever since he did that.

Of course you have the freedom to choose addiction.
No, but you have the freedom to choose to post retarded shit. And you use it liberally.
You don't like proof of addiction because it reminds you of your own addiction which you are trying to deny. Therefore all studies and organizations dealing with addiction are retarded.

I got my marijuana prescription to get off of the opioids that doctors wanted me to stay on.

Lyrica is used for nerve damage pain and fibromyalgia. I have nerve damage in my hands and arms. Not the kind that causes no feeling or use. The kind that causes very bad pain. The kind that causes the muscles in my hands and arms to turn as hard as rock. Which is pain I wish on no one.

Lyrica is an opioid and very legal. My neurologist had me up to 300 mg a day. I was so high I could barely function. Then one night several months after I stared it, a side effect that I knew about but never thought would happen to me, happened. I vowed that October night to get off that drug. My neurologist didn't want me to so I did it alone. By myself. No help from anyone or any drug. No rehab. Nothing. I had to do it slowly, decrease in small increments. It took me 4 and a half months to get off it.

The ONLY thing that made it possible to get off that opioid was marijuana. There's something in it that does something to the neurons and calms down the nerve damage.

A year and a half after I got that prescription I was diagnosed with breast cancer in both breasts. I have to be on a pill form of chemo for 10 years. If you know anything about chemo and Tamoxifen you will know the nightmare of having to deal with vomiting and all the rest of the chemo side effects every day for years. I was even vomiting in my sleep.

I tried all the pills for my stomach. They just were vomited back up when I took them.

The ONLY thing that keeps food in me is medical marijuana. If I couldn't have it I couldn't take the chemo and I would die.

Marijuana has a lot of good medical benefits.

No I'm not addicted to it. It's not addicting. No I don't have to go through life high as a kite. Strains of marijuana have been developed that have very low levels of THC so you don't get high but you still get medical benefits. Learn about a strain called Charolette's Web. It was developed for a child who had server epilepsy.

I use that strain. In my state where it's highly regulated. All product is tested for THC levels, chemicals and mold. All product is grown and processed in my state. Only product grown and produced in my state is allowed to be sold here so it's very tightly regulated to ensure what you're getting. It's clearly marked on the package what you're getting.

I really wish you would learn about this instead of basing it on one child you know. Not everyone is the same.

Was he using it for a medical problem or was he using it to just get high?

There are anti-seizure drugs out there. No need to get the boy addicted to a gateway drug that leads to even worse hallucination drugs.

Pot isn't adictive any more than soda, and if other drugs would work that would be fine. They haven't yet.

No, but you have the freedom to choose to post retarded shit. And you use it liberally.
You don't like proof of addiction because it reminds you of your own addiction which you are trying to deny. Therefore all studies and organizations dealing with addiction are retarded.

I got my marijuana prescription to get off of the opioids that doctors wanted me to stay on.

Lyrica is used for nerve damage pain and fibromyalgia. I have nerve damage in my hands and arms. Not the kind that causes no feeling or use. The kind that causes very bad pain. The kind that causes the muscles in my hands and arms to turn as hard as rock. Which is pain I wish on no one.

Lyrica is an opioid and very legal. My neurologist had me up to 300 mg a day. I was so high I could barely function. Then one night several months after I stared it, a side effect that I knew about but never thought would happen to me, happened. I vowed that October night to get off that drug. My neurologist didn't want me to so I did it alone. By myself. No help from anyone or any drug. No rehab. Nothing. I had to do it slowly, decrease in small increments. It took me 4 and a half months to get off it.

The ONLY thing that made it possible to get off that opioid was marijuana. There's something in it that does something to the neurons and calms down the nerve damage.

A year and a half after I got that prescription I was diagnosed with breast cancer in both breasts. I have to be on a pill form of chemo for 10 years. If you know anything about chemo and Tamoxifen you will know the nightmare of having to deal with vomiting and all the rest of the chemo side effects every day for years. I was even vomiting in my sleep.

I tried all the pills for my stomach. They just were vomited back up when I took them.

The ONLY thing that keeps food in me is medical marijuana. If I couldn't have it I couldn't take the chemo and I would die.

No I'm not addicted to it. It's not addicting. No I don't have to go through life high as a kite. Strains of marijuana have been developed that have very low levels of THC so you don't get high but you still get medical benefits. Learn about a strain called Charolette's Web. It was developed for a child who had server epilepsy.

I use that strain. In my state where it's highly regulated. All product is tested for THC levels, chemicals and mold. All product is grown and processed in my state. Only product grown and produced in my state is allowed to be sold here so it's very tightly regulated to ensure what you're getting. It's clearly marked on the package what you're getting.

I really wish you would learn about this instead of basing it on one child you know. Not everyone is the same.

hmm. Oddly, Lyrica is described as a NON opiod!
For Fibromyalgia Pain and its Consequences, Lyrica a Better Choice Than Opioids

I am a retired attorney who has had more than 35 years dealing with drug addicts of all kinds. That long experience is what made me so anti drug including the drug marijuana. Dozens and dozens of clients and their families. I have seen horror that most people never see. Dead children because their addict mothers "forgot" they were in the bathtub or left a candle burning near the curtains. Potheads aren't known for their good judgment. The mother who forgot she had a two a a half year old with her until she heard the scream and the girl's legs were crushed under a car.

I can't count the number of families evicted because the breadwinner was just so relaxed and happy going to work and paying the rent didn't seem like a good idea.

Every one of them thought they weren't addict and not a single one could just quit. They all had excuses. They all needed "medicine". One woman, with severe fibromyalgia needed her medicine so much that she couldn't get out of bed. Her right arm shrunk and withered. But the pot was helping, instead of the doctor's prescription. I don't know what happened to her. Her elderly mother cared for her until the old woman died. I expect the pot addict daughter ended up in a facility someplace.

I have seen hundreds of people use marijuana for any number of reasons and NONE got actual help. What they did get was high, and when they were high they didn't care any more. That was the benefit. When you are high, what else is there? That's the best. Nothing hurts, there isn't a worry in the world. Get high and stay high.

Oh and it helped him go seizure free for 70 straight days while on it!
Can you provide any sort of evidence to back up that claim?

And no, "I like to smoke dope, therefore it is a miracle drug!" doesn't count.
The article states it. Ask the kid himself....Marijuana WITHOUT the THC high part is a miracle drug...its why most states allow medical marijuana.

Oh and it helped him go seizure free for 70 straight days while on it!
Can you provide any sort of evidence to back up that claim?

And no, "I like to smoke dope, therefore it is a miracle drug!" doesn't count.
The article states it. Ask the kid himself....Marijuana WITHOUT the THC high part is a miracle drug...its why most states allow medical marijuana.

So, you believe it simply because it said so in the article?

I am a retired attorney who has had more than 35 years dealing with drug addicts of all kinds. That long experience is what made me so anti drug including the drug marijuana. Dozens and dozens of clients and their families. I have seen horror that most people never see.
That's the difference between nanny-state liberals and pro-liberty folks like me. You want to ban a harmless substance just because someone might abuse it. I don't.

I am a retired attorney who has had more than 35 years dealing with drug addicts of all kinds. That long experience is what made me so anti drug including the drug marijuana. Dozens and dozens of clients and their families. I have seen horror that most people never see. Dead children because their addict mothers "forgot" they were in the bathtub or left a candle burning near the curtains. Potheads aren't known for their good judgment. The mother who forgot she had a two a a half year old with her until she heard the scream and the girl's legs were crushed under a car.

I can't count the number of families evicted because the breadwinner was just so relaxed and happy going to work and paying the rent didn't seem like a good idea.

Every one of them thought they weren't addict and not a single one could just quit. They all had excuses. They all needed "medicine". One woman, with severe fibromyalgia needed her medicine so much that she couldn't get out of bed. Her right arm shrunk and withered. But the pot was helping, instead of the doctor's prescription. I don't know what happened to her. Her elderly mother cared for her until the old woman died. I expect the pot addict daughter ended up in a facility someplace.

I have seen hundreds of people use marijuana for any number of reasons and NONE got actual help. What they did get was high, and when they were high they didn't care any more. That was the benefit. When you are high, what else is there? That's the best. Nothing hurts, there isn't a worry in the world. Get high and stay high.

I went through all the same with drawls with Lyrica as with an opioid. My doctor told me to not get off it without her help which she didn't want me off of it. I was told my my neurologist it was an opioid. I just looked it up and it's at the bottom tier of those types of drugs.

It made me so high I was afraid to drive.

I was able to get off all the pharmaceuticals for the nerve damage and will never take them again.

I use medical marijuana. It works. Just because you know some person who you think was addicted to it doesn't mean that everyone is like that.

Just as everyone isn't an alcoholic.

That's what's wrong with you extremists. You're just so extreme and expect everyone to be like you. If you don't like something everyone can't like it. If you don't want to use a medication, no one else can use it either.

That's not freedom.

So if you don't want to use marijuana no one is forcing you to.

You have no right to force anyone to not use it. Respect their freedom and stop forcing what you want on this nation.

The kid so and up in foster care until he is 18 then to the street he goes. Happy ending.

I think perhaps you need to learn that your experience doesn’t equal all experiences. If you’re going to claim over and over again that marijuana is as bad as heroin, crack etc. that’s fine but you’re wrong. Other people have had experiences with marijuana that are very positive and that doesn’t make them addicts. You’re choosing to ignore their stories in favor of your own but their stories are just as pertinent to the discussion as yours.

I already said I smoked pot all day every day during my teen years and when I decided to quit it was no biggie AT ALL. If pot smokers say they had a hard time quitting it’s because they lack the motivation to do so, NOT because they don’t want to face withdrawal because withdrawal, if it happens, is psychological and if it is physically uncomfortable they were taking more than just pot and.or they’re lying.

Forum List

Back