Couple loses custody of son for treating him with marijuana

It's not medicine. It is illegal drugs.

The kid went 70 days straight without a seisure. It's medicine.
He was high!

He wasn't having debilitating seizures. What kind of monster are you?
The seizures would have stopped no matter what he was strung out on.

Just shut up.
Don't you wish you could make me? Find a local woman as a substitute.

The kid went 70 days straight without a seisure. It's medicine.
He was high!

He wasn't having debilitating seizures. What kind of monster are you?
The seizures would have stopped no matter what he was strung out on.

Just shut up.
Don't you wish you could make me? Find a local woman as a substitute.

Why would I want a substitute for you? You serve no purpose.

Trying to defend this little doper is getting to you.

You can't change anything no matter what you say about ne. The boy is still in foster care and the parents will be in prison if they can't stop giving drugs to a minor.

Couple Loses Custody, Might Face Jail Time After Giving Son Who Suffered from 10 Seizures a Day Marijuana They Bought Illegally
Oh and it helped him go seizure free for 70 straight days while on it! I guess the state rather he die or live a miserable life than allow him to take the medicine that HELPS! I live in Georgia and am shocked I had not heard about this.
I guess them making an illegal purchase is what got them busted even if what they did with it made a good difference.

God bless you and them and their boy always!!!

Holly

There are anti-seizure drugs out there. No need to get the boy addicted to a gateway drug that leads to even worse hallucination drugs.

Couple Loses Custody, Might Face Jail Time After Giving Son Who Suffered from 10 Seizures a Day Marijuana They Bought Illegally
Oh and it helped him go seizure free for 70 straight days while on it! I guess the state rather he die or live a miserable life than allow him to take the medicine that HELPS! I live in Georgia and am shocked I had not heard about this.

This is the impact of partisan politics.

Where politicians are afraid of losing their "image". They decide they're right or left, and that right is this and left is this. They then make decisions based on how they think their base would vote.

They say they're anti-drugs, so they're ANTI-DRUGS and their record has to show they're anti-drugs no matter what.

About time the US had decent politics with proportional representation, where political parties can be more flexible and sensible.

This is what happens when you grant the government more power than it should have.
You the People that keep asking for this shit need to stop bitching about getting what you asked for.

Sorry if you were stupid enough to think you could trust the government
and your neighbors to leave your ass alone when needs be.

There are anti-seizure drugs out there. No need to get the boy addicted to a gateway drug that leads to even worse hallucination drugs.
Which have BAD side affects and cause more harm to the liver/kidneys/heart etc when THC the ingredient that makes you get high is taken OUT of Marijuana the Marijuana is a great medicine which is what he had.

The pot was illegal. The boy was removed and put in foster care. No one went to prison although the parents should have.
but if the kid bought it at school and smoked it he wouldn't be in jail
He would be in juvenile detention undergoing court ordered rehab. Not at home and not getting his pot.
No he wouldn't

Kids have been smoking pot regularly for longer than I have been alive if they all ended up in Juvie half the kids I went to school with would have been locked up

dammit Georgia, get your shit together

Iconbanghead.gif

question for any of the legal minds on here - could a challenge be mounted against this based on the new "Right to Try" law?

Parents of teenage boy face prison, fines for treating his seizures with marijuana

quote:
Two Georgia parents are facing fines and prison time for allegedly giving their 15-year-old son marijuana to treat his seizure disorder, authorities said.

Suzeanna and Matthew Brill of Macon were arrested in April on reckless conduct charges after an investigation by the Georgia Division of Family and Children Services determined the pair had allowed their son, David, to smoke marijuana to deal with the seizures, Twiggs County Sheriff Darren Mitchum said in a press conference Thursday.

The couple began giving their son marijuana in February, Steve Sadow, who is representing the family pro bono, told ABC News.

“That was the last ditch effort. They had tried all the medical treatments and pharmaceuticals recommended or prescribed,” Sadow said.

A doped society is an easily led society. Indeed the addict will do anything to get the next fix.

A doped society is an easily led society. Indeed the addict will do anything to get the next fix.

Marijuana isn't addictive. That's been proven over and over again.

Plus if a person lives in a state that allows legal marijuana and there's marijuana stores everywhere with prices a fraction of the black market, anyone who is of legal age can buy marijuana easily.

Your post is ridiculous and very uninformed.

Forum List

Back