Country Joe Biden: This is a Depression! It's a depression!

Sorry. I just find it ironic and rather hypocritical that the Bush "strategery" and "nucular" supporters are the first to jump on any gaffe made by anyone with a "D" behind their name.

Are you fucking kidding me? I thought Boooooosh's gaffes were hysterical...:lol:

The fact you defend the one with a D and mock the one with an R shows you up for the hack you are, though... Kudos...

Please show me ANYWHERE in my posts where I have defended ANY gaffe. Otherwise, admit to being a liar AND a hack. Good show!:clap2:

an angry liberal......
angry%20%20man.jpg

Please show me ANYWHERE in my posts where I have defended ANY gaffe. Otherwise, admit to being a liar AND a hack. Good show!

Right here, you dumbass: http://www.usmessageboard.com/1632794-post23.html

edit: I thought you had me on ignore, Brave Sir Robin?

I did have you on ignore. At any rate, please explain to me how in your tiny brain, me pointing out the hypocrisy of the poster making fun of Biden's gaffe (knowing that the poster is a Bush supporter) is somehow defending Biden or said gaffe?
The point others are trying to make is that you just need to appreciate Biden for all that he is. Bush is irrelevant to that appreciation.

Ron Reagan said the exact same thing..

Recession is when a neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours.
Ronald Reagan

Does this prove that Reagan lead us into a depression because his unemployment numbers were higher than Obama's ???

Can I take a serious moment from the bashing? Is Mr. Biden right?

Unemployment at 10%. In the Great Depression that number was about 20-25%. We don't count those who drop off of unemployment payments as unemployed, so that could about double the figure easily. Point to Mr. Biden.

Inflation was negative according to the government. It was the reason given to withhold Social Security increases this year. Yet, ask any senior. Did your cost of living go up this last year? They will tell you yes. Point to Mr. Biden.

And on to the big marker President Obama like to wave around...An expanding economy. That is right Mr. President, there is no depression in an expanding economy. But wait, the government pumped billions into banks and auto manufacturers which is showing as spending and an expanding economy. Point again to Mr. Biden.

So why does Mr. Biden bring this up? To highlight is work as the jobs czar? How many have we made so far Joe? I think we are seeing the start of a campaign to have a second bailout. Maybe Joe's just angling for a show on Fox to promote his run for President in 2012.

Are we really taking Joe Biden literally when he repeats the age old "Recession is when my neighbor loses his job, depression is when I lose my job" line?
It was used by Truman and Reagan to show the impacts of unemployment on the perception of the economy. Biden is not declaring a Depression, he is merely acknowledging the suffering unemployed Americans are still facing

Are we really taking Joe Biden literally when he repeats the age old "Recession is when my neighbor loses his job, depression is when I lose my job" line?
It was used by Truman and Reagan to show the impacts of unemployment on the perception of the economy. Biden is not declaring a Depression, he is merely acknowledging the suffering unemployed Americans are still facing

No, we are looking at the entire economic situation and disputing government "facts". Please reference proof of your interpretation.

No, we are looking at the entire economic situation and disputing government "facts". Please reference proof of your interpretation.

Which "interpretation" would that be?

God bless Joe Biden. I love him.... He's a blithering idiot, but a constant source of fun.

Which "interpretation" would that be?

That Biden didn't mean what he said.

Note: If you continue to act like a preschooler who can't find the potty, I'll let you piss on yourself or the other option.

Note: If you continue to act like a preschooler who can't find the potty, I'll let you piss on yourself or the other option.

Wonderful comeback....did you make it up yourself?

I try to reach my readers. Now answer the question.

I tried to be civil with you, but the answer is that you are an obvious moron if you believe that Biden is claiming we are in a depression.
Reagan and Truman used the same quote for the same purpose, namely to acknowledge the suffering of people who are out of work

I tried to be civil with you, but the answer is that you are an obvious moron if you believe that Biden is claiming we are in a depression.
Reagan and Truman used the same quote for the same purpose, namely to acknowledge the suffering of people who are out of work

And I asked for proof of your claim. I'm still waiting. I understand what Reagan and Truman said. Since the comment, "This is a Depression!" is in opposition to what Obama has said, you would think Biden would specify it was not a factual claim, just commentary.

And I asked for proof of your claim. I'm still waiting. I understand what Reagan and Truman said. Since the comment, "This is a Depression!" is in opposition to what Obama has said, you would think Biden would specify it was not a factual claim, just commentary.

Context.....my dear friend....context

Context.....my dear friend....context

No proof, just an opinion. Thank you, that is what I thought you had.

Forum List

Back