Country House in Derby winner

Even the President officially complained about the result on Twitter.

But regardless, I think we have to honor the results. It would be great for President Trump to invite Country House to the White House for the recognition the horse clearly earned.

Country House wins Kentucky Derby after historic disqualification of Maximum Security
/----/ I wonder if any bettors holding the Country House tickets for first place tore them up in frustration before the race was challenged. I've seen it happen at Belmont and Aqueduct.
iu

We won!

Guess the only way to rationalize me and the bride betting a 65-1 longshot is out of nostalgia.

Our favorite bar/restaurant in the Chicago area is in the western suburb of Clarendon Hills and named the Country House. Always visit every time we go back home because we’re guaranteed to run into old friends and acquaintances every time. The bride, talking to one of her gal pals from the area last week learned the CH restaurant today might be featuring their World Class burgers at a discounted price. If CH the horse won, 1$ burgers. Placed, $2, or showed, $3 burgers.

So what seemed like the safest offer ever by our owner friend has in one sense obviously failed, but in another bought him some nice PR as I’d bet more than one Chicago TV news crew shows up to cover the local fallout from the unusual twist of events post race.

The only real winner at the Kentuky Derby was political correctness.

Forum List

Back