XFL releases schedule

will be am inprovement over the corrupt NFL thats for sure. I am happy for san diego that they were given a team to them to replace the team that should never have been allowed to leave in the first place the SAN DIEGO chargers.

I'll watch a few games. Will be interesting to see if anyone else does. Last time the XFL came out, they were the lowest ranked prime time broadcast for a major network in TV history, and broke that record a few times with their games.

I just don't see what they will be able to do differently than another of the dozens of failed leagues. While they have a "2 year deal" with the networks, I'm sure just like the AAF had "cash to survive multiple years" there is an out. If ratings do X, you guys will no longer be on Fox and ESPN, but rather fox sports and ESPN 4 in year 2.

And with WWE actually posting operating losses and dropping revenue, combined with fewer watchers (though a very dedicated group), it may not have as strong of a tie in to a large audience as before.

I'll watch it as a die hard football fan. But after the SB, I think a lot of families will put football aside until the next season for their weekends. It's a tough sports time too. NBA/NHL reg seasons are hitting their home stretch stride (and post-seasons kicking off at the end of the XFL season). MLB starting up. March Madness. Also NFL teams picking up their camp bodies (Do you want an XFL career or an outside shot at the NFL?) And the warming weather where my weekends start to be more outside.

Forum List

Back