Could we expell Texas?

No provision exists withint he constitution of the United States of America to allow for the removal of a state.

What if you just ignored a state and stopped sending them assistance...in particular, this could be done to Hawaii.

That would be Unconstitutional. As the Federal Government must ensure all its actions are State Neutral. And it has specific duties in regards the Government of any State.

They could not, for example stop taxing them as that violates the provision that all taxes must be Uniform through out the several States. They could not legally remove protection of the military from them as that is a condition the Federal Government must maintain for all States. They could not deny them any protections of the Constitution to include legal or any other program that exists as that violates the Federal Governments duty to ensure all the States are treated equally and have the same protections as all other States.

Removing a State by a Vote might be Constitutional, ignoring it is NOT.

Hell as far as I'm concerned other than highway funds the feds shouldn't be sending any state money.

Actually, I'm talking about the government starting an embargo and allowing any supplies to be shipped there.

Unless the State is in Revolt, or invaded by a foreign power, no such action is legal or Constitutional. READ the Constitution. It delegates specific things to the federal Government and specifies all States not in revolt are to be handled and treated the same.

Oh come on.

I've spent like a total of 2 weeks in Texas. Just the attitude there makes it feel like its own country.

Let em make it official.

How long do you really think it would last?

I bet 6 months, tops.
After all the governor's threats, he's asked for $11million from the US Government to rebuild the governor's mansion. What a hypocrite.

Well except, you partisan hack, he made no threat at all, nor did he ask the State to leave the Union. But hey you play with imaginary friends I bet, so making shit like this up is just par for the course, right?

Oh come on.

I've spent like a total of 2 weeks in Texas. Just the attitude there makes it feel like its own country.

Let em make it official.

How long do you really think it would last?

I bet 6 months, tops.
After all the governor's threats, he's asked for $11million from the US Government to rebuild the governor's mansion. What a hypocrite.

That was a classic, wasn't it?

Forum List

Back