Could this be the future?

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Taking down America: four scenarios for the end of the American Century by 2025 | Energy Bulletin

A soft landing for America 40 years from now? Don’t bet on it. The demise of the United States as the global superpower could come far more quickly than anyone imagines. If Washington is dreaming of 2040 or 2050 as the end of the American Century, a more realistic assessment of domestic and global trends suggests that in 2025, just 15 years from now, it could all be over except for the shouting.

Despite the aura of omnipotence most empires project, a look at their history should remind us that they are fragile organisms. So delicate is their ecology of power that, when things start to go truly bad, empires regularly unravel with unholy speed: just a year for Portugal, two years for the Soviet Union, eight years for France, 11 years for the Ottomans, 17 years for Great Britain, and, in all likelihood, 22 years for the United States, counting from the crucial year 2003.

Future historians are likely to identify the Bush administration’s rash invasion of Iraq in that year as the start of America's downfall. However, instead of the bloodshed that marked the end of so many past empires, with cities burning and civilians slaughtered, this twenty-first century imperial collapse could come relatively quietly through the invisible tendrils of economic collapse or cyberwarfare

Taking down America: four scenarios for the end of the American Century by 2025 | Energy Bulletin

A soft landing for America 40 years from now? Don’t bet on it. The demise of the United States as the global superpower could come far more quickly than anyone imagines.

chickie.gif

Aside from giving you an excuse to Bush-Bash for the 187,700th time, is there any point here?

"Demise of the US as a 'global superpower,'" should, I assume, worry me for some reason? Hell, I'd be ticked pink if there was a new "global superpower" that all the mexicans could illegally immigrate into.

A soft landing for America 40 years from now? Don’t bet on it. The demise of the United States as the global superpower could come far more quickly than anyone imagines. If Washington is dreaming of 2040 or 2050 as the end of the American Century, a more realistic assessment of domestic and global trends suggests that in 2025, just 15 years from now, it could all be over except for the shouting.

Despite the aura of omnipotence most empires project, a look at their history should remind us that they are fragile organisms. So delicate is their ecology of power that, when things start to go truly bad, empires regularly unravel with unholy speed: just a year for Portugal, two years for the Soviet Union, eight years for France, 11 years for the Ottomans, 17 years for Great Britain, and, in all likelihood, 22 years for the United States, counting from the crucial year 2003.

Future historians are likely to identify the Bush administration’s rash invasion of Iraq in that year as the start of America's downfall. However, instead of the bloodshed that marked the end of so many past empires, with cities burning and civilians slaughtered, this twenty-first century imperial collapse could come relatively quietly through the invisible tendrils of economic collapse or cyberwarfare

We need a Southern Wall, US troops on US soil, and as much isolationism as we can stand.

We need a Southern Wall, US troops on US soil, and as much isolationism as we can stand.

By "US soil" I assume you include Canada?

Athens lost the Peloponnesian war but still 'hung around' for a while, and Rome started going south after the winning the first punic war and they hung around for a
while too, like 600 years...Iraq is a pimple on histories buttocks.

I read the entire piece, since the authors degree is in "area' studies , which is basically a cultural discipline in a particular geographical region or cultural sect. ,and hes a member of the Asian society, I am wondering where he got his doctorate in history, I don't see a degree for that...and man, he needs one.

Actually, since Obama sold out the American people for tax cuts, they're HIS baby now.
Other than the paltry 2% FICA "holiday" there were no tax cuts.

he extended the ones that were supposed to expire.

they do it all the time E, but the point stands, the only loser if you can call them that bis the gov. everyone else keeps what they have , aside from the 2% they gain exactly nothing.

Athens lost the Peloponnesian war but still 'hung around' for a while, and Rome started going south after the winning the first punic war and they hung around for a

I read the entire piece, since the authors degree is in "area' studies , which is basically a cultural discipline in a particular geographical region or cultural sect. ,and hes a member of the Asian society, I am wondering where he got his doctorate in history, I don't see a degree for that...and man, he needs one.

what you don't understand is rockhead will buy into ANY THEORY, no matter how insane, that disparages Bush.

what you don't understand is rockhead will buy into ANY THEORY, no matter how insane, that disparages Bush.

We need a "Bush Killed JFK" thread.:eusa_pray:

I do not believe that the demise of the US is on the horizon. I do forsee in economic terms, a second global superpower by 2020 and that is China. They are already the second largest economy, passing Japan earlier this year but far behind the US. Even when or if they do obtain equal economic clout the US will not disappear quickly.

Last edited:
I do not believe that the demise of the US is on the horizon. I do forsee in economic terms, a second global superpower by 2020 and that is China. They are already the second largest economy, passing Japan earlier this year but far behind the US. Even when or if they do obtain equal economic clout the US will not disapear quickly.

Will this mean that Newcastle, Wyoming will finally get a restaurant that makes a decent Hot-and-Sweet Soup?

I do not believe that the demise of the US is on the horizon. I do forsee in economic terms, a second global superpower by 2020 and that is China. They are already the second largest economy, passing Japan earlier this year but far behind the US. Even when or if they do obtain equal economic clout the US will not disapear quickly.

Will this mean that Newcastle, Wyoming will finally get a restaurant that makes a decent Hot-and-Sweet Soup?

Thye do have a first class aquatic center!

Thye do have a first class aquatic center!

They do?

Where? Out in the refinery waste settling pond?

Forum List

Back