Costco's Profit Soars As Low-Wage Competitors Struggle

Walmart recieved tax breaks in these towns.

is this good or bad why???????????????

And they sell cheap crap from China not made in America goods....

do you want a law to prevent people from buying what they want to buy in favor of buying what you want them to buy??

Are you that dense.... Anyone that shops at Walmart is Anti-American.

dear its very American to have the freedom to improve your standard of living by buying what you want!! Do you want a law that everyone must shop at Bergdorfs???? Would that be American to you??

Econ 101: in fact Walmart makes neighborhoods richer by saving its customers millions that they can then spend elsewhere for a huge net increase in their standard of living.

Slow???

No they dont, what came first, mom and pop places with a "living wage" and benifits? or Big box stores with low wages? Walmarts destroyed local towns, put stores out of bussinesss and sold cheap crap from China...

Walmart puts inefficient stores out of business that charge rip-off prices, but they make their customers richer and this makes other businesses boom when the newly richer Walmart customers spend their extra money!

Econ 101 for you!! Sorry!! Now you understand the nature of economic progress.

And charge rip off prices? WTF? ponder this example: A china man makes like a buck a an hour (yea I know a made up number) and a American factory worker makes $18 bucks an hour (another made up number) I know plastics (been doing it for 30 years now on and off) so here it is:
So the China man getting paid a $1 buck an hour makes cover out of cheap ass Acrylic that will fucking crack if you drop it.......
The American getting paid $18 an hour makes the same product out of more expenseive polycarbonate. that will last forever......
Who is the one getting ripped off? if you buy the more cheaper one?.....YOU.....

And I know Walmart in 2008 after my wife died, Decided to quit my industrial plastics maintenance job and find myself and for 8 months became a carpenter/ remolding Walmarts across the country. Those guys are fuckheads. They spend a million on one store alone and redo it every five years and treat their employees like crap. Yea we had a rule not to be sailor's in the night with our 10 week gigs.... but you know us guys..

Last edited:
Googled "Costco Missouri", page one results.

Costco_zps360aea9a.png

Yep...they're doing great...

One store closed. Seriously, you are going with this?

Wow. I guess you pulled a gotcha right there, didncha....

Uh..that's two stores Zona...two out of seven failed.
I'm sure they have expanded into areas too quickly, that couldn't support the investment. Happens all the time in business.

Nobody has claimed that Costco is infallible.

This is where the left and right can come togther, most of us hate, monsato, the IRS if you ever had to deal with them, the local Dmv and fricking Walmart, they are scum and Anti-American as they come. Just stop shopping at Walmart.... please....

Who is the one getting ripped off? if you buy the more cheaper one?.....YOU.....

yes, I bought a pair of Wrangler jeans there. I carried my iphone around in the small hip pocket for a few hours over a few days and the pocket ripped. That never ever happened once with Levis over decades. So what?? Consumer Reports says most American cars are junk compared to Japanese cars. Do you want a law against American cars? Do you want to decide for Americans what the correct quality, price, style and color is??

Those guys are fuckheads. They spend a million on one store alone and redo it every five years

sounds like a nice boost for Americans rather than the Chinese for a change!! Think before you write.

and treat their employees like crap.

the pure beauty of capitalism is that unless they treat their employees the best they are free to go work for whomever treats them better. This is the process by which Americans got to be the richest workers in human history.

Ever think of reading a book about how capitalism works???

Yea we had a rule not to be sailor's in the night with our 10 week gigs.... but you know us guys..[/QUOTE]

yes, I bought a pair of Wrangler jeans there. I carried my iphone around in the small hip pocket for a few hours over a few days and the pocket ripped. That never ever happened once with Levis over decades. So what?? Consumer Reports says most American cars are junk compared to Japanese cars. Do you want a law against American cars? Do you want to decide for Americans what the correct quality, price, style and color is??

Thank you so much for the first part of your post. my 80's $75 dollar levi's used to last forever.....I am still pissed off at the Republicans and Bill Clinton for destroying the souths textile industry... Now we have crap clothes that fall apart in just a few months...

Those guys are fuckheads. They spend a million on one store alone and redo it every five years

sounds like a nice boost for Americans rather than the Chinese for a change!! Think before you write.

the pure beauty of capitalism is that unless they treat their employees the best they are free to go work for whomever treats them better. This is the process by which Americans got to be the richest workers in human history.

Yea we had a rule not to be sailor's in the night with our 10 week gigs.... but you know us guys..
[/QUOTE]

fyi I know you are getting mad at me but you have to lower the caps on quote.. I will give you this as a poster. your not paid.. thank you.

Yea we had a rule not to be sailor's in the night with our 10 week gigs.... but you know us guys..

fyi I know you are getting mad at me but you have to lower the caps on quote.. I will give you this as a poster. your not paid.. thank you.[/QUOTE]

a liberal trying to change the subject because he lacks the IQ for the subject

fyi I know you are getting mad at me but you have to lower the caps on quote.. I will give you this as a poster. your not paid.. thank you.

a liberal trying to change the subject because he lacks the IQ for the subject[/QUOTE]

And thats your fucking comeback? from this right leaning indie? your a fucking dumb ass. I have a cwp and own guns and is for universal back ground checks, Again I hate Unions as much as Walmart. There is no way I am anything except me.....I own two cars a fucking 4 wheeler blazer and a cobalt slot car when I want to speed. dude your the dumb ass not me..

and Lmao.....you so hate my type because I dont play by anyone's rules EXCEPT mine....

and Lmao.....you so hate my type because I dont play by anyone's rules EXCEPT mine....

dear, the voting booth and history give you a choice between freedom(Republicans) and government (Democrats). Why not study up and decide where you stand?

all your trying to do btw is trying to justify why you shop at Walmart and to stupid to know you fucked youself by doing it and the country....

This is where the left and right can come togther, most of us hate, monsato, the IRS if you ever had to deal with them, the local Dmv and fricking Walmart, they are scum and Anti-American as they come. Just stop shopping at Walmart.... please....

You hate Walmart because the unions tell you to.

Most small stores sell 100% Chinese made shit, for a higher price - so don't give me you SEIU bullshit.

Exactly, we do know you guys.

And I know Walmart in 2008 after my wife died, Decided to quit my industrial plastics maintenance job and find myself and for 8 months became a carpenter/ remolding Walmarts across the country. Those guys are fuckheads. They spend a million on one store alone and redo it every five years and treat their employees like crap. Yea we had a rule not to be sailor's in the night with our 10 week gigs.... but you know us guys..

link to Republicans " hating this" ?

:link:

I realize many, possibly most Republicans are search engine challenged but thanks for asking anyway -- next time ask me something hard or-----or if you're capable, get off your intellectual ass and do it yourself.

House Republicans Vote to Keep Millions in Poverty by Refusing to Raise the Minimum Wage

Lmao at you link.... You liberals are a funny bunch. I so love your brain farts....

You know, if they didn't do stupid shit like that they would be Republicans.

Forum List

Back