Corzine Subpoenaed: First Time In Memory Former Member Forced To Testify...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A congressional panel has voted to subpoena former Sen. Jon Corzine to testify next Thursday about his role leading MF Global, a brokerage firm that collapsed this fall after a disastrous bet on European debt.

The hearing will be a rare moment in Washington. Congressional historians had to reach back to 1908, when a former senator from North Carolina was called to testify in connection with a corporate lobbying scandal, to find a similar instance of an ex-member of Congress being summoned by his former peers.

The House Agriculture Committee voted Friday to issue the subpoena after Corzine failed to reply to an informal request to appear at the hearing.

Read more...
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-12-02-11-05-22
http://drudgereport.com/

Last edited:
Good. Nail his ass...and I hope the road leads to Obama.

It could lead to Obama i guess. They are very close friends. I mean $1.2 Billion "missing" from Corzine's company? How does that happen? I just want to see if his company was given any Tax Dollars. If that's the case,many others need to be prosecuted.

Good. Nail his ass...and I hope the road leads to Obama.

It could lead to Obama i guess. They are very close friends. I mean $1.2 Billion "missing" from Corzine's company? How does that happen? I just want to see if his company was given any Tax Dollars. If that's the case,many others need to be prosecuted.
Crony Capitalism INC.

;)

Prediction: Corzine will testify, spill his guts and get immunity. No one will go to jail and afterwards Congress will say, "Well, looks we got to the bottom of that!"

Prediction: Corzine will testify, spill his guts and get immunity. No one will go to jail and afterwards Congress will say, "Well, looks we got to the bottom of that!"
And what will be the aftermath from the voters?
What was the aftermath from Iran Contra? How's Ollie North doin? Still in jail? Oh that's right, he never went to jail. Same thing is gonna' happen with Corzine.

You think the American people are gonna' care at all about a Banker Investigation? They only get excited about Casey Anthony, NFL Football and FaceBook updates.

America's only hope of taking this country back from the Mafia Bankers that run it is if they fight back when the TSA starts molesting their children on highway checkpoints. And even THAT'S not a guarantee because a lot of people will still be saying; "That's Freedom! That makes me safe from the Brown people in turbans. We need to support the TSA!"

:eek:

What was the aftermath from Iran Contra? How's Ollie North doin? Still in jail? Oh that's right, he never went to jail. Same thing is gonna' happen with Corzine.

You think the American people are gonna' care at all about a Banker Investigation? They only get excited about Casey Anthony, NFL Football and FaceBook updates.

America's only hope of taking this country back from the Mafia Bankers that run it is if they fight back when the TSA starts molesting their children on highway checkpoints. And even THAT'S not a guarantee because a lot of people will still be saying; "That's Freedom! That makes me safe from the Brown people in turbans. We need to support the TSA!"

Spot on. And yes,the Terrorists have won.

Indeed. Priorities and all...when it comes crashing down around thier ears and there's nothing left...I don't want to hear a soul ask..."What happened..."?

My glare toward them will be incredulous...and that's putting it mildly.

Sadly I think Mad Scientist is right. As a NJ taxpayer, nothing would make me happier than to see that crook in jail. But here's a fairer idea - restitution of every single dime out of his own pocket. He has the money and that's exactly what that wannabe Robin Hood has lobbied for his whole political life. He can pitch a tent with the OWS after they sell his mansions

Corzine will get on the stand, express his outrage regarding how many women accused Cain of sexual harrassment. At that point, the judge drops all the charges and Corzine is touted a hero by the left.......

Theater for the rabble I'm afraid- I'd wager that the District of Criminals being as incestuously entangled as it is, there are members of the interrogating commitee who will guide the proceedings so that no useful outcome is achieved. Some must be terrified at what Corzine can reveal if he's pressed too hard. I'd like to be wrong.

$1.2 Billion "Missing?" Ya Gotta love that term "Missing"...Or do ya?

Theater for the rabble I'm afraid- I'd wager that the District of Criminals being as incestuously entangled as it is, there are members of the interrogating commitee who will guide the proceedings so that no useful outcome is achieved. Some must be terrified at what Corzine can reveal if he's pressed too hard. I'd like to be wrong.

I remember watching Glenn Beck a few years ago doing one of his silly flow charts connecting all these "Goldman Sachs" guys to the president. It didn't make much sense to me at the time, but it would be interesting to watch it again. Corzine was a "Goldman Sachs" guy.

$1.2 Billion "Missing?" Ya Gotta love that term "Missing"...Or do ya?

Missing or donated to Obama?

Jon Corzine is currently listed as a top fundraiser for the reelection of President Obama, having brought in over $500,000 from other donors.

This year, Corzine has contributed the maximum to both the Democratic National Committee ($30,800) and President Obama's reelection campaign ($5,000). MF Global executives and board members have joined Corzine in maxing-out their donations to both the DNC and Obama's campaign. In total, MF Global executives, traders and board members have combined to donate $143,200 to the two committees aiding the president's reelection.

Last edited:
When Corzine testifies taking the Fifth may be the best move since any lawyer will tell you such hearings are built-in perjury traps. Corzine will need to plead the Fifth Amendment against self incrimination, because of the raft of civil and criminal investigations swirling around MF Global's bankruptcy & missing customer funds.

This will not reflect well on Obama since just a few months ago Jon Corzine was on the short list to be President Obama's Treasury Secretary. Or Joe Biden who said Jon Corzine is "the smartest guy I know in terms of the economy." The president and the vice president will eat those words one way or another in the coming weeks and months. Showing once again they don't understand the economy and surround themselves with people who are equally inept.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back