Deranged Rep. Cicilline: Time to open impeachment inquiry if McGahn doesn't testify

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Rep. David Cicilline, D-R.I., said it is time for impeachment inquiries to be opened if former White House Counsel Don McGahn is a no-show to Tuesday's scheduled congressional hearing.

Cicilline, a member of the Democratic-controlled House Judiciary Committee, appeared on MSNBC and offered his reaction that the White House is instructing McGahn to refuse to comply with a subpoena to appear on Capitol Hill and the assurance from the Department of Justice that McGahn has "immunity" which does not legally require him to testify before Congress, something Cicilline believed was "legally incorrect."

"Let me be clear; if Don McGahn doesn't testify, it is time to open an impeachment inquiry," Cicilline said. "The president has engaged in an ongoing effort to impede our ability to find the truth, to collect evidence, to do our work, and this is preventing us really from ultimately finding the facts and doing our work in terms of oversight.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com .

What an absolute backbencher nitwit. What kind of lunatic votes these wastes of space into office? Doesn’t this fool have any understanding of the Constitution ?

At this point, I almost hope they move to impeach. That will waste the rest of 2019 up till the election. They aren’t getting anything done anyway. And as the Spygate stuff comes out, they will look dumber and dumber. You’d have to be completely mental case to care about the minutia DemonRATS are flogging now. At the end of the day, the Senate won’t go along anyway.

Trump can campaign on coup obstructionism.

I call this guy Chicolini - that was Chico Marx’s character in the classic, Duck Soup.

See if you think this Groucho line from the movie fits:

“Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot, and look like an idiot. But don’t let that fool you. He really is an idiot.”

Forum List

Back