Corruption of Government. Who is to blame?

Government Seizes Power from the People.

Power Corrupts.

Ultimate Power Corrupts Ultimately!

A Powerful Government is Ultimately a Corrupt Government!

Yep govt seizes power and then gives it to corporations.
It is called Privatization folks.

Perhaps I should say sold to coprorations by key people in our government.

This is the governments way of cashing in on their power.

The system of securities trading says when you have a position in an instrument you need to disclose it to the customer. A wall street firm doesn't do that. Is that a systems failure or just dishonest traders? These are the types of failures most often observed. It is the people plain and simple.

Power Corrupts.

That's not what privatization is.

Power Corrupts.

That's not what privatization is.

Yes, but they are having so much fun playing. Let's just explain it to them later.

Exactly. All systems need defenses against human nature. What the ancient republican systems lacked, the framers of the USC tried to make up for with new ideas and a new vision.

Systems do not corrupt people. That is the premise fo your whole thread, who is to blame. THose that corrupt. People corrupt not systems. Typical lefty answer. Create more regulation and government control and all will be solved. Wrong.

Aggressively culling the violators is the answer. That is done by:

Careful vetting of the candidates by the press and voters.
Holding Representatives and Senaotrs accountable in office.
Reporting abuses to leadership, followed by swift and appropriate enforcement.

Wrong again. That was not the premise of the thread. There is an argument made that systems do not corrupt. It was made by KK.

Lefty regulations? :cuckoo: arguing with yourself yet again. poor child. were you not breast fed?

Read the framers and founding fathers and get back to --- uhm -- somebody who cares.

Your lack of basic comprehension is showing again.

Your premise is that systems corrupt, and both KK and I have tried to point out that that is stupid. You do not now get to claim that you actually believe that when you argued yourself into a corner that you don't, unless you first admit you were wrong.

Last edited:
Systems do not corrupt people. That is the premise fo your whole thread, who is to blame. THose that corrupt. People corrupt not systems. Typical lefty answer. Create more regulation and government control and all will be solved. Wrong.

Aggressively culling the violators is the answer. That is done by:

Careful vetting of the candidates by the press and voters.
Holding Representatives and Senaotrs accountable in office.
Reporting abuses to leadership, followed by swift and appropriate enforcement.

Wrong again. That was not the premise of the thread. There is an argument made that systems do not corrupt. It was made by KK.

Lefty regulations? :cuckoo: arguing with yourself yet again. poor child. were you not breast fed?

Read the framers and founding fathers and get back to --- uhm -- somebody who cares.

Your premise is that systems corrupt, and both KK and I have tried to point out that that is stupid. You do not now get to claim that you actually believe that when you argued yourself into a corner that you don't, unless you first admit you were wrong.

Thread OP:

Is it the people?

Is it the civil servants?

Is it the elected leaders?

Is it the lobbyists?

Is it private individuals with great wealth (poor people can't buy access or influence).

Is it big business?

Is it the free market?

Who do you think corrupts government?

------------------------------------------------------

next post: I say 6 out of the 7 listed, with some shouldering a majority of the blame.

then...

Government is inherently corrupt. The free market, however, doesn't have any part of that as the free market has nothing to do with government.

So you say free market forces have no effect on government?

and I repeat, Wrong again. That was not the premise of the thread. There is an argument made that systems do not corrupt. It was made by KK.

... I was not talking about personal responsibility for specific acts of corruption. That is lazy and a side issue. We were speaking about the government, meaning the system we have. It is hard to keep a discussion on topic with voices weighing in and it is also my fault for not being clearer.

Any individual person or any individual government (President/Congress) that is corrupt is incidental. I am speaking about the corruption of our system of government. Individuals and governments are easily replaced. They may have a corrupting influence upon the system itself, but they come and they go. The system stays.

"Limit power" is so broad a term as to be meaningless. Interpretations are left there to be debated. What does it mean to limit? How much? When?

In your own thread. You must have known I'd check, but you still choose to be dishonest.

Is it the people?

Is it the lobbyists?

Is it private individuals with great wealth (poor people can't buy access or influence).

Is it big business?

Is it the free market?

The People...and the people include civil servants, elected leaders, lobbyists, and private individuals along with anyone else who has the ability to cast a vote in our elections.

LOL

It is fun to watch you whine. Did you know that every time you neg someone they get pos repped 6 times?

Thread OP:

Great, a chance to mock. I will enjoy.

Idiots like you.

Is it the people?

The people? Who, or what, are the people? Is the people in sub Sahara Africa who have never voted for anyone? The people in France who cannot wear Burqas? The ones in the ISS? You cannot really expect anyone to answer this when you do not define it, do you?

Probably the uncivil servants. My experience is that the nice servants around the palace never cause problems.

Elected leaders? Do you mean Obama? Has he been caught taking bribes? Are you some type of racist who assumes he is corrupt because he is black?

Is it the lobbyists?

How can the lobbyists possibly be responsible? Did they set up the system in such a way that they could make it corrupt? If they did, why not just set it up so that they could save some money by simply doing it themselves?

Like Buffet and his ilk? The guys who are promising to donate half of their wealth to help the poor? Will the poor be able to buy access or influence after they get half of the world's money?

Is it big business?

How can big business be responsible? If they were responsible for the system they would save money and fire everyone.

Is it the free market?

Maybe it is Santa Clause, or the Easter Bunny.

You wouldn't understand if I told you. It is a bit like you think the OP defines the premise of the thread, or that no one has a right to post anything that does not deal directly with the OP. You have no idea how the real world works, all you have is your fantasy world where you control the internet.

------------------------------------------------------

next post: I say 6 out of the 7 listed, with some shouldering a majority of the blame.

Talking to yourself is a sign of stupidity, not that you understand that.

then...

Government is inherently corrupt. The free market, however, doesn't have any part of that as the free market has nothing to do with government.

So you say free market forces have no effect on government?

and I repeat, Wrong again. That was not the premise of the thread. There is an argument made that systems do not corrupt. It was made by KK.

And now we get to the premise of the thread, your assertion that the free market influences anything. Since the free market does not even exist, it cannot possibly influence anything or anyone. If it did exist, it would not be responsible for anything because it would not make decisions, offer bribes, or even accept them.

I would call this an epic fail, but it is actually just typical of what you do, so for you is is normal.

Now, if the system is corrupted, who is to blame?
Actually it's not who but what is to blame for the corruption in our government. And the answer is the facility through which our representatives have gradually finagled to freely enable themselves to accept money (bribes) in the form of PACs, along with other gratuities from the rich and their corporate masters. It's as simple as that. And that is the situation which must be addressed. But rather than address it you prefer to create convoluted irrelevancies which are analogous to the pamphlets packed in patent medicine boxes and go off on wandering diatribes of largely meaningless, pseudo-academic drivel.

But I recently discovered a very simple means of circumventing your boring, condescending, time-wasting bullshit. It's my Ignore list, which you are about to be added to. And I'll advise anyone else who finds you similarly annoying to do the same.

I'll play....

Its simple. Its us.... the people. We vote these idiots in over and over again.

I think we have gotten what we deserve.

Now its time to get our act together and start voting in fiscally responsible folks who value their nation more than a buck.

I've been hearing people bitch about Washington since I was a kid... Now its time to stop bitching, and do something about it!

So you think it's only the people or that the people shoulder most of the blame?

note: just trying to get firm statements from people.
Absolutely.
" My granpappy and mah daddy were __________ and so is I."
You assholes need to wake up.
You watch. In Nov it'll be the same old scumbags in DC....or their sons.......or nephews.
It's never changed and it never will.

A system has no ability to corrupt, unless a person or persons chooses to do so. It is simply an excuse for liberals to add regulation and control instead of personal responsibility.

no that it matters since the truth about government corruption scares you and you always close your eyes and cover your ears when presented with evidence and facts but the american people are to blame because they let it happen and wont take a stand against it to get a third party started even though both parties are corrupt.Thats for the people like Dogure who are not afraid of the truth like Dante to read.

Forum List

Back