Corporate kickbacks to doctors to push Fentanyl.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Yes it is still happening and people are still dying, lives are being destroyed families turned upside down all for the big money. The company INSYS often paying doctors between $100K to $300K to encourage pushing their drug SUBSYS which is a convenient spray of Fentanyl. Hello? Media? Where you at? Oh right, too busy telling us about Omarosa's book or giving us your in depth analysis of Donald Trump's latest tweet. Super.

U.S. Intervenes in ‘Whistleblower’ Lawsuits Alleging Insys Therapeutics Paid Illegal Kickbacks to Promote Subsys

Remember the days when you would go to a DR and they'd actually treat the problem in order to 'cure' you??? Ever realize that for the last several years they've only been treating the symptoms??? Usually with some type of prescription drug that many times has worse side effects than the problem you're hoping to treat. IOW, for many years now big pharma have been pushing their products thru the Dr's with a bit of 'grea$e'.

It's just in the case of Fentynal, lawsuits are bringing attention to the problem

Doctors love to prescribe medications that keep their patients sick; doctors don't make money off healthy people. Ever heard of the medical drug Prednisone? It has typewritten pages of horrid side-effects and years ago it was prescribed to my 2 pack/day chainsmoking late aunt for her COPD for many years. She took it every day over the years (even though Prednisone is so toxic, it's only supposed to be prescribed in short, limited amounts) that medical drug destroyed every joint in her body, making her a semi-cripple who needed to get around with a walker, who needed joint replacement surgery several times. Then the Prednisone started doing so much serious, physical rupturing damage to her intestines, beyond repair, that she died of shock in the hospital.

Bottom line, the medical industry kills hundreds of thousands of people a year due to medical overindulgence and/or medical negligence. Whatever excess drugs your Dr. tries to push on you, I say take it with a grain - no, a bucket - of salt.

I got a bottle of Oxy after a root canal. That's like using a bazooka to kill a rat. I barely needed Tylenol and never touched one pill. My son found them and joked he was going to sell the pills at school and into the toilet they went!

Fenaanyl is an excellent pain drug

I had 2 orthopedic surgeries and the post op care included IV fentanyl

It is not some evil drug simply because it has been abused

No drug is evil. But Fentanyl is so powerful and so addictive and is killing many people every day. And It is over prescribed because doctors are rewarded to push it. The FDA still refuses to classify it as a schedule 1 narcotic but continues to classify Pot as schedule 1.

I got a bottle of Oxy after a root canal. That's like using a bazooka to kill a rat. I barely needed Tylenol and never touched one pill. My son found them and joked he was going to sell the pills at school and into the toilet they went!

I had a lot of multiple oral surgeries around the turn of the century, due to my extreme methamphetamine abuse in the early '90s (my dumb, stupid late teens/ early 20s). I found out the rather unlovely way that speed quickly incinerates a person's teeth into liquid shit, which is why I've worn full dentures since age 27 (my real teeth are in the Janis, Jimi, Jim and Kurt club). At any rate, it was so agonizing I'm actually grateful that in those days they were so generous with the Vicodin, but never prescribed me Oxycontin. My surgeons would give me one refill after another after another of 30 Vicodins apiece and I'd be taking over a dozen per day and I'd get addicted enough it would take me a few days to recover once I was "cut off." But these periodic Vicodin addictions weren't really a big deal to me, I recovered quickly enough.

I guess my point is, for massive, chronic pain doctors should stop at Vicodin and nothing stronger. Unless it's an absolute emergency.

P.S., don't worry, I haven't "powdered my nose" in 20-something years. The physical agony of 32 teeth disintegrating one after the other is a One Step Program, you don't NEED 12-step to quit speed when you go through a horror like that. Ever since my only partying has been petty amounts of beer and weed; my deadliest habit is currently cigarettes.

I had a lot of multiple oral surgeries around the turn of the century, due to my extreme methamphetamine abuse in the early '90s (my dumb, stupid late teens/ early 20s). I found out the rather unlovely way that speed quickly incinerates a person's teeth into liquid shit, which is why I've worn full dentures since age 27 (my real teeth are in the Janis, Jimi, Jim and Kurt club). At any rate, it was so agonizing I'm actually grateful that in those days they were so generous with the Vicodin, but never prescribed me Oxycontin. My surgeons would give me one refill after another after another of 30 Vicodins apiece and I'd be taking over a dozen per day and I'd get addicted enough it would take me a few days to recover once I was "cut off." But these periodic Vicodin addictions weren't really a big deal to me, I recovered quickly enough.

I guess my point is, for massive, chronic pain doctors should stop at Vicodin and nothing stronger. Unless it's an absolute emergency.
Vicodin is candy to to me....does nothing,,,,absolutely nothing. Everyone is different. Set a parameter like that and people in pain will either be damned to living a miserable existence or they will seek help on the streets.

Vicodin is candy to to me....does nothing,,,,absolutely nothing. Everyone is different. Set a parameter like that and people in pain will either be damned to living a miserable existence or they will seek help on the streets.

I understand that; every human body is different and different people sometimes have different reactions to the same drug. Maybe you have a natural tolerance and need a few times the normal dose for its painkilling effects. I know, there was a time I was taking at least 4 Vicodin at a time every few hours. I'm just saying I want a happy "medium" between the medical policy of "no opiates at all" and "overindulgent opiates that are stronger than that person needs for that injury." Unless a person is in emergently disfigured agony or has cancer or something huge, Vicodin should be enough for most nagging, chronic pain. For most people it does do the job more or less.

I have a relative who has chronic back pain from years of working a 40 acre farm. It's no joke I see him walking around in the morning and he is hurting. He said nothing works better for his back pain than smoking a bowl of weed. And he claims he can concentrate better than when he was on Opioids.

I have a relative who has chronic back pain from years of working a 40 acre farm. It's no joke I see him walking around in the morning and he is hurting. He said nothing works better for his back pain than smoking a bowl of weed. And he claims he can concentrate better than when he was on Opioids.

I believe that, because I also know from god knows how much experience that THC has some painkilling qualities, and even better, it's the strongest, fastest anti-emetic known to man. If you have any problem that involves nausea and puking, smoking a bunch of weed will turn those feelings into hunger within an hour. See, that's why weed is so helpful for cancer patients going through chemo; it forces them to eat a lot, flooding their body with extra nutrition to help naturally fight that cancer. In any illness that involves vomiting, cannabis is a useful medical means to an end.

Now I've never had cancer or any long-term disease of any kind, but I have cured really bad puking hangovers by smoking enough weed to shut my stomach the fuck up and accept a soft-food, comfort diet.

No drug is evil. But Fentanyl is so powerful and so addictive and is killing many people every day. And It is over prescribed because doctors are rewarded to push it. The FDA still refuses to classify it as a schedule 1 narcotic but continues to classify Pot as schedule 1.
Fentanyl cannot be a schedule 1 drug

As per DEA definitions schedule 1 drugs have no current medical use

Drug Scheduling

Forum List

Back