Corporate giants

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Mr. Clean inspired me to do a little more research on who is connected to who at NNDB: Tracking the entire world. It is a mapper. You can see who's who and who is connected to who. I looked up CARGILL first. Then I got curious and checked GE and looked at each of their executives, very interesting.

It is a very easy website to use. You just click the name and it will expand the connections and then click those connections and it will expand and link back who is connected to whom and the corporations where they are CEO's, etc....

I then went searching for HSBC bank, originally called Household Finance. The mapper would not bring up HBSC or Household Finance so I got Douglas J. Flint Group Finance Director. Most HSBC ceo names do not come up on the mapper. It seems by the mapper Mr. Flint is also related to BP (the oil company he's on the board) and a partner at KPMG (a major accounting firm). I recall searching accounting boo boo's awhile back and KPMG has been involved in a lot of major ones...KPGM was involved in New Century collapse (a subprime lender) .

This cased reminded me of WF making up settlement sheets. I suppose it is that "Standard Banking Practices" the bank's attorney in my case stated to the Iowa Court Of Appeals here was talking about.

I'm wondering how involved was BP Oil in the price gouging going on in the last few years. Does anyone know?

I see it is okay with y'all that much of the crash went down while people were trying to stay working and paying double for fuel to get to work, double for heat so they would not freeze and being buswhacked by the banking industry. You two do not think that was a bit much to drive fuel up to double cost?

Price gouging?
Interesting notes I read on BP. It appears that the Russians they had went into biz with did not work out well.

Truce signed in oil battle between BP and its Russian partners
MOSCOW — After months of wrangling, BP reached a deal Thursday on its joint venture in Russia, agreeing to dismiss the U.S. chief executive it appointed and to give greater control to its Russian business partners in return for retaining access to the large oil fields in Siberia that are one of the company's most valuable assets.

Though BP, the British oil giant with interests around the world, was impelled to make concessions, senior Russian officials were quick to cast the deal as a positive signal to Western investors in the wake of the war in Georgia. The timing suggested a deft maneuver to counter the slide in the Russian stock market and in investor confidence.

For a time it looked as if BP's assets here might be nationalized in whole or in part through a forced sale to a state company, as was the case with both the major Russian oil ventures Yukos and Royal Dutch Shell's Sakhalin Island development. But that prospect now looks less likely.

BP's Russia unit surrenders gas field to Gazprom, Fri Jun 22, 2007

Kazakhstan | About BP | BP

BP has been in Kazakhstan since 1992. Our interests are mainly based on oil and gas exploration and production and pipeline development

Russia's TNK-BP eyes Iraqi oil and gas fields - Energy - ArabianBusiness.com

I see it is okay with y'all that much of the crash went down while people were trying to stay working and paying double for fuel to get to work, double for heat so they would not freeze and being buswhacked by the banking industry. You two do not think that was a bit much to drive fuel up to double cost?

"Drive" up the cost of fuel? That must mean someone/something "drove down" the cost in 1999. Crude at $10/gasoline $1.

"Drive" up the cost of fuel? That must mean someone/something "drove down" the cost in 1999. Crude at $10/gasoline $1.

Like I said, when the price of energy spikes, it is price gouging and collusion. When it drops it is the market at work.
Some people are so stupid they'll believe anything.

Price Gouging = I don't like market prices

And I love all the amateur economists who think, in 5 minutes, they can analyze and explain a mature industry (oil) that thousands of phD'd economists have difficulty predicting.

Last edited:
Price Gouging = I don't like market prices

And I love all the amateur economists who think, in 5 minutes, they can analyze and explain a mature industry (oil) that thousands of phD'd economists have difficulty predicting.

No one explain oil, it is like love or a cum explosion in Pee Wee Herman's pants.

Some slides from a Powerpoint I give on occasion.

The question: "Who sets the price of oil?"

sheik.jpg

exxon.jpg

sponge.jpg

traders.jpg

Forum List

Back