The 4 Day Work Week

How does reducing production help anyone??

The article says the state workers work 4 ten hour days instead of 5 eight hour days and they thought of the idea to save fuel, but wound up saving overtime money as well.

Assuming production is the same, sounds like a win - win to me.

How does reducing production help anyone??

The article says the state workers work 4 ten hour days instead of 5 eight hour days and they thought of the idea to save fuel, but wound up saving overtime money as well.

Assuming production is the same, sounds like a win - win to me.

The math adds up, doesn't it............................:eusa_whistle:

OK. So total hours worked is the same.
I dunno. I know some firefighters and hospital workers who do pretty much that right now and seem to like it. If it works for every one then why not?

I worked a 4-10 schedule when I was an airline mechanic. I loved it because I always had Fri, Sat and Sun off.

It seems to be working in Utah at this time. What do you think? I kind of like the idea.

Utah's 4-day workweek brings some dividends - Yahoo! News

State workers actually work? Who knew?

I don't think they really do.

They probably post on message boards all day instead of working, don't you think?

I have a sister who is a State employee and her husband is a federal employee, so I'm always ribbing them about it. I've done contract work for State agencies. The joke was always "stay away from the door at 4:30 p.m. or you'll be trampled." I don't recall anyone working overtime. (Teachers, on the other hand, always work hard.)

I think its great but I think they need a rotating schedule. If you try to reach an agency in NJ the phone lines are always busy. If everyone took off Friday, you'd never get through. As much I'd love to have three days off, but as a teacher, I would be too exhausted and so would the kids.

Forum List

Back