Corporate Cash Flooded This Election -- On Both Sides Of the Aisle

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Well, it was a repudiation of Obama across the board. And I would argue-you know, I'm sitting here in the state of New York. We've heard all about this corporate money that's washing into politics. Well, the corporate money did play a role in New York state. You know, we had the three biggest elections. Corporate money was behind the three big winners, and they were all Democrats. Andrew Cuomo is the new governor of New York-big support from real estate interests and Wall Street. The two US senators from New York, Gillibrand and Schumer, are big favorites on Wall Street. Senator Schumer's the protector of hedge funds. So, you know, when I'm sitting here in New York, the Tea Party was rejected in the governor's race here. But when in this country you have a choice between corporate Democrats on the one hand and Tea Party sort of fanatical extreme right-wingers, that's not a lot of a choice. And I think what's really sad is some good people did go down today nationwide. One of them was Senator Russ Feingold. There's no state where Obama's popularity plummeted as fast as it did in the state of Wisconsin, and that really brought Russ Feingold down.

Interesting interview. Read the transcript or watch the video of it here:

Jeff Cohen: Major Corporate Money was Behind Dems as Well | CommonDreams.org

Your thoughts?

LOL, stopped reading when I got to this..
So, you know, when I'm sitting here in New York, the Tea Party was rejected in the governor's race here. But when in this country you have a choice between corporate Democrats on the one hand and Tea Party sort of fanatical extreme right-wingers,

and I saw the link went to some site called, Common Dreams.:lol:

Well, it was a repudiation of Obama across the board. And I would argue-you know, I'm sitting here in the state of New York. We've heard all about this corporate money that's washing into politics. Well, the corporate money did play a role in New York state. You know, we had the three biggest elections. Corporate money was behind the three big winners, and they were all Democrats. Andrew Cuomo is the new governor of New York-big support from real estate interests and Wall Street. The two US senators from New York, Gillibrand and Schumer, are big favorites on Wall Street. Senator Schumer's the protector of hedge funds. So, you know, when I'm sitting here in New York, the Tea Party was rejected in the governor's race here. But when in this country you have a choice between corporate Democrats on the one hand and Tea Party sort of fanatical extreme right-wingers, that's not a lot of a choice. And I think what's really sad is some good people did go down today nationwide. One of them was Senator Russ Feingold. There's no state where Obama's popularity plummeted as fast as it did in the state of Wisconsin, and that really brought Russ Feingold down.

Your thoughts?

There are always winners and losers on Wall Street. Seems that the winners are banks and the losers are small investors. This doesn't fit Obama's rhetoric of punish the Fat-cats. Seems like the fat-cats got fatter under Obama and much of America became unemployed in the process.

I don't think every bank did well.....just the ones that played ball with Obama. Many of the banks in the North East are run by Progressive Liberals so of course they helped elect Obama and of course they made billions in return. Hundreds of banks went under and were bought up by other banks using TARP funds. Same thing is going to happen with Q2, the easing of the debt through a $600 billion generation of new cash into the market. We take a pay-cut and banks will use the cash to shore up their bottom-lines.

• Banned

Your thoughts?

There are always winners and losers on Wall Street. Seems that the winners are banks and the losers are small investors. This doesn't fit Obama's rhetoric of punish the Fat-cats. Seems like the fat-cats got fatter under Obama and much of America became unemployed in the process.

I don't think every bank did well.....just the ones that played ball with Obama. Many of the banks in the North East are run by Progressive Liberals so of course they helped elect Obama and of course they made billions in return. Hundreds of banks went under and were bought up by other banks using TARP funds. Same thing is going to happen with Q2, the easing of the debt through a $600 billion generation of new cash into the market. We take a pay-cut and banks will use the cash to shore up their bottom-lines.

There are doubtless banks who cozied up to Obama better'n others, mudwhistle. I find it hard to believe there are banks run by Progressive Liberals, though.

I'd like "Too Big To Fail" carved on my tombstone now, wouldn't you? How nice to be so rich and powerful that you're declared immune from the rule of law by the POTUS.

• Banned
LOL, stopped reading when I got to this..
So, you know, when I'm sitting here in New York, the Tea Party was rejected in the governor's race here. But when in this country you have a choice between corporate Democrats on the one hand and Tea Party sort of fanatical extreme right-wingers,

and I saw the link went to some site called, Common Dreams.:lol:

freeyourmind.jpg

Like MOST people don't already know a LOT OF CORPORATE cash goes into the Democrat Party.

what's funny is SOME lefties like to PRETEND the Democrat party is ALL backed, by the little people MONIES, for the LITTLE PEOPLE.

that one always crack me up.

Your thoughts?
http://www.opensecrets.org/overview/index.php
Better site.

Last edited:

Your thoughts?

There are doubtless banks who cozied up to Obama better'n others, mudwhistle. I find it hard to believe there are banks run by Progressive Liberals, though.

I'd like "Too Big To Fail" carved on my tombstone now, wouldn't you? How nice to be so rich and powerful that you're declared immune from the rule of law by the POTUS.

The Fed, Fanny Mae, and Freddie Mac are being run by them as we speak.

Don't give into the stereotypes. Most banks are in Blue states. It would only make sense that bankers would come from those states or at least live there. New York and Delaware voted Democrat the last several cycles. There is a pervasive Liberal attitude in large metropolitan cities. Progressives and Liberals will bitch all day about capitalism but they're not afraid to take advantage of it. They tend to have a do as I say but not as I do attitude.

Too Big To Fail is code for....I need to help my supporters. Obama opened the money trough for those who played ball and he shut down anyone who he didn't like. A prime example was the auto dealership closing last year. Those who supported him stayed open and those who didn't were shut down.

Last edited:

The Fed, Fanny Mae, and Freddie Mac are being run by them as we speak.

Don't give into the stereotypes. Most banks are in Blue states. It would only make sense that bankers would come from those states or at least live there. New York and Delaware voted Democrat the last several cycles. There is a pervasive Liberal attitude in large metropolitan cities. Progressives and Liberals will bitch all day about capitalism but they're not afraid to take advantage of it. They tend to have a do as I say but not as I do attitude.

Too Big To Fail is code for....I need to help my supporters. Obama opened the money trough for those who played ball and he shut down anyone who he didn't like. A prime example was the auto dealership closing last year. Those who supported him stayed open and those who didn't were shut down.
I'm glad someone explained that to others on here.

~Kudos

Your thoughts?

Yes, it is true.

And its ALL bad.

Thank the SCOTUS for this.

Congress actually wrote a law to prvent it which the (largely conservative) SCOTUS overturned.

Money= FREE speech and there is no limit to how loudly MONEY is allowed to speak, either.

Your thoughts?

Yes, it is true.

And its ALL bad.

Congress actually wrote a law to prvent it which the (largely conservative) SCOTUS overturned.

Money= FREE speech and there is no limit to how loudly MONEY is allowed to speak, either.

There is a good antidote to free speech that is purchased however. Don't beleive it.

Your thoughts?

Yes, it is true.

And its ALL bad.

well hell ya, nothing like OUR GUBERMENT writing laws stepping on our RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH. what worse is there are people out there who CELEBRATES it.

WOW it looks like the tea party members here are turning into liberals.

I'm glad you see the evil of having our democracy bought out from under neath us.

Now can you help us save this country from being bought by the 1% or will you continue to vote for and defend the people who vote for tax cuts for the people who would seek to buy our government?

WOW it looks like the tea party members here are turning into liberals.

I'm glad you see the evil of having our democracy bought out from under neath us.

Now can you help us save this country from being bought by the 1% or will you continue to vote for and defend the people who vote for tax cuts for the people who would seek to buy our government?

good grief, :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back