Corporate America and Republicans Hurting Workers Over 50

Turning this into another partisan issue is simply aiding and abetting the perps

grow up

~S~

It depends on what the job is. In engineering, the reverse is true. Companies are losing their knowledge base to retirement and are re-hiring retirees as consultants.

Rubbish. That's just a variation on the scam of pretending your employees are all 'contractors', and avoid paying payroll taxes on their wages, is all, same as what they do with office cleaning services who hire criminal illegal aliens instead of the company hiring janitors.

Walmart comes to mind

Wal-Mart to Pay U.S. $11 Million in Lawsuit on Illegal Workers

Who?

ProPublica? Is that a Russian conglomerate masquerading as an American leftist mouthpiece?

Since Putin wants to annihilate western culture, how would this help Putin's plan?
Who the fuck cares. Contrary to the idiocy from the left, none of us care what Putin does.

You should.

We have a Russian in the White House.

Her father, a card carrying communist is now a US Citizen.

A Russian spy infiltrated the NRA.

And a big problem: Russia Will Deploy New Hypersonic Missile Systems In 2019, Putin Says

"A new data analysis by ProPublica and the Urban Institute shows more than half of older U.S. workers are pushed out of longtime jobs before they choose to retire, suffering financial damage that is often irreversible."

If You’re Over 50, Chances Are the Decision to Leave a Job Won’t be Yours — ProPublica

Republicans should be proud!

That’s a pretty long article. Can you tell me where and how the author determined that Republicans are hurting these workers, or did you just toss that in because you’re an ignorant piece of shit?

Republicans have a long history of fighting age discrimination laws which this is about.

Thanks for letting me know that you just tossed that in (confirming you’re an ignorant piece of shit). I suppose you also believe that all these people are being fired by only republicans because democrats would never do such a thing.

Age discrimination isn't a Democratic objective.

"A new data analysis by ProPublica and the Urban Institute shows more than half of older U.S. workers are pushed out of longtime jobs before they choose to retire, suffering financial damage that is often irreversible."

If You’re Over 50, Chances Are the Decision to Leave a Job Won’t be Yours — ProPublica

Support your claim that this is a result of republican policy, or admit you are just spewing shit from your face anus.

It depends on what the job is. In engineering, the reverse is true. Companies are losing their knowledge base to retirement and are re-hiring retirees as consultants.

Consultants making far less than their previous salaries without benefits.

Actually you’re half right (that’s pretty good considering your track record).

Consultants typically make a higher hourly wage than an employee, but as you brilliantly noted, without the overhead cost to the employer.

Except consultants aren't hourly employees.

Support your claim that this is a result of republican policy, or admit you are just spewing shit from your face anus.

How many Republicans are fighting age discrimination? None?

You made the claim. It is on you to support it.

Last chance or I pass judgement on your shit.

No Democrats in corporate America, eh comrade?

Russian Hack!

Actually, the Russian Hack/Bots are Democrats.

LinkedIn Co-Founder Apologizes for Deception in Alabama Senate Race

Hoffman was wrong in not doing his due diligence, and he admitted that. On the other side of the coin, the NRA WAS infiltrated by a Russian spy and we hear nothing.

Russian Hack!

Hoffman was wrong in not doing his due diligence, and he admitted that. On the other side of the coin, the NRA WAS infiltrated by a Russian spy and we hear nothing.

Translation: The Dems got caught in a false flag operation by faking Russian Bots.

It's the same thing with the Steel Dossier, bub.

I asked a question that you can't or don't want to answer.

Russian Hack!

Translation: The Dems got caught in a false flag operation by faking Russian Bots.

It's the same thing with the Steel Dossier, bub.

Didn't I write Hoffman was wrong?

Consultants typically make a higher hourly wage than an employee, but as you brilliantly noted, without the overhead cost to the employer.

Many are paid by the hour, or bill themselves out based on hourly rates. My wife consults for $125 per hour.

The point of my post about consultants was that in many engineering disciplines (at least) employers are desperately trying to hang on to their over 50 employees. So much so, that they are bringing many of them back as consultants. We seem to be veering off into a side bar about consulting which was not my intention.

Russian Hack!

Because it is not important in any way.

I asked a question that you can't or don't want to answer.

Said the partisan hack that can't support the claim he made in his op.

All you are doing is spewing partisan shit from your face anus.

That’s a pretty long article. Can you tell me where and how the author determined that Republicans are hurting these workers, or did you just toss that in because you’re an ignorant piece of shit?
For decades, judges and policymakers treated the age law’s provisions as part and parcel of the nation’s fundamental civil rights guarantee against discrimination on the basis of race, sex, ethnic origin and other categories.

But in recent years, employers’ pleas for greater freedom to remake their workforces to meet global competition have won an increasingly sympathetic hearing. Federal appeals courts and the U.S. Supreme Court have reacted by widening the reach of the ADEA’s exceptions and restricting the law’s protections.

Forum List

Back