Coronavirus Is Not Decreasing

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Contrary to some reports, the coronavirus is expected to be with us for well into 2021, with many more deaths. This is the opinion of top pandemic experts (Mike Osterholm, who directs the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota,
Harvard School of Public Health epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch, who is also a top expert on pandemics; Dr. Kristine Moore, a former Centers for Disease Control and Prevention epidemiologist who is now medical director for CIDRAP; and historian John Barry, who wrote the 2004 book "The Great Influenza" about the 1918 flu pandemic).

One of the overlooked facets is that even if deaths decrease somewhat, one should note that in any epidemic, it is the oldest, most frail, people with pre-exiting conditions, and most negligent at taking precautions, who will die off in the beginning. After that, you have a pool of people less likely to die, but that doesn't mean the virus is any less potent or prolific.

Social distancing needs to keep going. Maybe it can be altered in some ways to enhance the economy, but the notion that the worst is past, and it's back to business as usual, is wrong and ridiculous. Herd immunity has not even begun yet, and it will be quite some time before it does, with its positive effects at flattening the curve, and dissipating the pandemic.

I know a lot of people would love 2 or more years of LockDown status for this. The idea of using drones, and bossing the common people around, making work a privilege than people have to earn just gives liberals a hard on.

Everyone wants to be Kim Jong Fucking Un I guess.

But I don't see it happening like that at all. I see forward-thinking Jurisdictions like Mississippi and Georgia opening up their economies and encouraging people to work in spite of threats of doom. And when nothing terrible happens, the hands of ultraliberals like Cuomo and Wolf and Newsom and Inslee will be forced. I guess they could try to maintain a state of Universal house arrest, but if the people won't go for it willingly, it will collapse.

I know a lot of people would love 2 or more years of LockDown status for this. The idea of using drones, and bossing the common people around, making work a privilege than people have to earn just gives liberals a hard on.

But I don't see it happening like that at all. I see forward-thinking Jurisdictions like Mississippi and Georgia opening up their economies and encouraging people to work in spite of threats of doom. And when nothing terrible happens, the hands of ultraliberals like Cuomo and Wolf and Newsom and Inslee will be forced. I guess they could try to maintain a state of Universal house arrest, but if the people won't go for it willingly, it will collapse.
I guess those liberal are just to damned stupid to realize when people don't work they don't pay taxes?

I guess those liberal are just to damned stupid to realize when people don't work they don't pay taxes?
I work and don't pay taxes and it has nothing to do with Covid-19.

You can't help being a dumbass can you? people work and they pay taxes. When they don't work they don't pay taxes. it's really that simple.

You can't help being a dumbass can you? people work and they pay taxes. When they don't work they don't pay taxes. it's really that simple.
I am sorry you guys don't know how to avoid paying taxes on money you earn..

I'm sorry your lying ass exists. You pay taxes everyday.

Everyone needs to understand that Communist China is responsible for everything involved with this pandemic, asshole bastards that they are

I'm sorry your lying ass exists. You pay taxes everyday.
Not if I can help it.

I watched the classic film, so I know about avoiding taxes.

I'll go with the reports of the doctors mentioned in the OP. Keep social distancing as much as possible.

I'd prefer sheep don't know how to be able to "legally'.
Part one. You need a shithole and permanent residency.
2. Need a corporation in said shithole w/ a bank account IRS registered in shithole w/ local employees.
3. You should like the shithole.
OTOH you can only earn 80 grand a year, tax free. OK 160K if the other half is on the corp.

I'd prefer sheep don't know how to be able to "legally'.
Part one. You need a shithole and permanent residency.
2. Need a corporation in said shithole w/ a bank account IRS registered in shithole w/ local employees.
3. You should like the shithole.
OTOH you can only earn 80 grand a year, tax free. OK 160K if the other half is on the corp.
OFF TOPIC !!!

Contrary to some reports, the coronavirus is expected to be with us for well into 2021, with many more deaths. This is the opinion of top pandemic experts (Mike Osterholm, who directs the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota,
Harvard School of Public Health epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch, who is also a top expert on pandemics; Dr. Kristine Moore, a former Centers for Disease Control and Prevention epidemiologist who is now medical director for CIDRAP; and historian John Barry, who wrote the 2004 book "The Great Influenza" about the 1918 flu pandemic).

One of the overlooked facets is that even if deaths decrease somewhat, one should note that in any epidemic, it is the oldest, most frail, people with pre-exiting conditions, and most negligent at taking precautions, who will die off in the beginning. After that, you have a pool of people less likely to die, but that doesn't mean the virus is any less potent or prolific.

Social distancing needs to keep going. Maybe it can be altered in some ways to enhance the economy, but the notion that the worst is past, and it's back to business as usual, is wrong and ridiculous. Herd immunity has not even begun yet, and it will be quite some time before it does, with its positive effects at flattening the curve, and dissipating the pandemic.

Wow, more people are going to die....I bet the Wuhan Virus hasnt killed as many people as auto accidents have? Or Cancer? But yeah, that Chinese Virus, maybe we should put China on notice that if one more person dies, we just Nuke the shit out of Peking....

Why would it go away? Our actions are not doing anything to eradicate the virus? By keeping everyone at home all we are doing is dragging out the pain by delaying herd immunity which is what we need to fight this until a vaccine can be created, IF it can be created.

Why would it go away? Our actions are not doing anything to eradicate the virus? By keeping everyone at home all we are doing is dragging out the pain by delaying herd immunity which is what we need to fight this until a vaccine can be created, IF it can be created.
But at the same time, that herd immunity builds up, more and more people die. Herd immunity may be a good thing when it arrives, but what a terrible thing coming along with it.

I'd be in favor of doing as much social distancing as possible, for as long as possible, all the while that scientists are working hard developing a cure and vaccine.

Forum List

Back