Corona Virus and my annual doctor Visit

Ok, so I was suppose to get my annual Wellness visit... it's free on my insurance and yours too,, so why not get it every year? The labs and other tests required for a person of my age, are free as well.... no copays and no out of pocket expenses or deductibles since the ACA was passed....all insurance has to cover those things... like I need a colonoscopy every couple of years because my dad had colon cancer when he was about my age.... he beat it, but they still watch him for polyps every few months and have found new ones that he has removed early in the forming of them.... so my colonoscopy is considered a necessity and part of my yearly wellness exam, and a mammogram every couple of years as well.... all included.... which I did not even realize they were covered until a few years ago......

Ok, so going back to my visit with my Doc and all of the Corona Virus precautions taken by the Health Center she has her practice at....

I arrive on time and approach the glass doors to the entrance to the building... it is locked...there is a girl in there on a folding chair with a lap top on a folding table, another table with disposable masks and hand sanitizer machine right above it..... Still locked out, she comes outside, asks my name and which Doctor I am there to see, and what time was my appointment,

all of this outside of the glass doors, me wearing a mask and she wearing a mask.....took my temperature, asked if I was out of state or out of country recently,

Then she asks me to point out my car, and sends me back there to wait...

and said someone would come out to get me when they are ready for me....

So in a few minutes, the Doctor's Nurse comes out and leads me to the doctor's room, passed the lobby and no one is in the lobby, everyone is waiting outside in their cars.... passed no one in the hallway to the doctor/changing room, nurse stopped me at the scale to weigh me in..... HATE that part, but I was the same as last year...thank God!

Oh, did I tell you the nurse not only had a surgical mask, but also a plexiglass shield over her eyes and face?

So then I get my blood pressure and oxygen level and pulse rate done by her, and get in to the gown, she comes back in and sits a little ipad on the table in front of me and tells me my doctor will speak to me via the computer for the first twenty minutes to get all of my issues down, before coming in to actually see me face to face, to limit her and my exposure to one another.....

so, via the computer I tell her all of my issues, then she shows up to the room with lab coat and n 95 mask and plexiglass face shield and comes in the room and immediately goes behind a plexiglass folding wall, where her computer is, and talks to me from there about my lab results, and even examined a mole of mine that I wanted her to look at, behind this plexiglass screen..... only after she looked at it through her plastic barrier and near the end of the appointment, did she spend a few seconds out from behind her screen to look at the mole again, directly.....

She spent about 2 minutes in the actual room with me, out from behind her plexiglass folding wall, and then left.....after she told me where to leave the gown and I could leave when dressed, I did, with no one in the hall or lobby, on the way out.

the whole experience, was like I was in some twilight zone episode....!!!!!!!!!!!

But at the same time, I kind of liked it..... I liked the Health Center doctors taking all of those precautions, and I really liked talking to her face to face on the Computer..... I felt more at ease asking her my stupid questions about things, and she seemed more willing to answer them and at ease....not rushed....

Has anyone else been to see the Doctor lately and is your Doctor's Office like, what I went through?
The new normal thanks to Democrats and our media.
I think because we are really not many people at all, where I live, they must be able to take the precautions, but my sis and parents are in Florida and she said they do the temperature thingy and ask the questions and ask you to wear a mask, but they do go in and wait in the lobby and do not have to wait in their car....

but during the Spring during the lock down, they would only allow the patient in, dad busted his hand installing my sister's new garage door opener, nearly a hundred stitches in all, but they would not let my mother and sister, in to the emergency room.
The biggest fear I have is going to the hospital for treatment and having to sit in a room and wait with people who are infected.
That mask will not protect you from any virus.
So I don't care what happens to me....I won't go in for treatment.
The last time my wife had surgery they gave her drugs that screwed her mind up permanently.
I would sue the hospital but because she's 82 I wouldn't win in court.
Their drug cocktails simply pushed her into dementia.
Now I'm having to retire from civil service to take care of her.

The biggest fear I have is going to the hospital for treatment and having to sit in a room and wait with people who are infected.
The last time my wife had surgery they gave her drugs that screwed her mind up permanently.

Didn't you claim to work at USMC motor pool. Why the hell are you still working near age 82?

Didn't you claim to work at USMC motor pool. Why the hell are you still working near age 82?
I think you're confused.
I work for the Department Of The Army at Ft Campbell, KY.
I am 64.....my wife is 18 years older than me.
We have been married for going on 42 years.
I also retired from the Army in 94'.
I would never claim I was a Jarhead.

There is no such thing as free- free is unencumbered- taxes were coerced to pay for your visit. That is encumbered.
all insurance covers what I am talking about, silly one! Since the ACA, ....no insurance company policy could be a useless one..... remember, everyone complained that had a cheaper policy, and because they lost their coverage, because insurance companies were forced to have good basic coverage, for annual visits and other required standard tests for ones age..... and of course it is not free free, just free from having to have the charges come out of your deductible, before insurance would pay, plus the other benefits of no caps on insurance, and pre-existing conditions covered and kids till 26 able to be on parents plan etc etc etc... all came with the ACA passing

We and our employers still pay premiums, but for our wellness visit, once a year, we can see our doctor and none of it along with tests, has to come out of our deductibles.... at least that is how it is with Matt and me....

I have been charged for every wellness annual wellness visit for the last four years. It runs about $200. Never had a colonoscopy, the take a stool sample and I pay for lab work, if I want a colonoscopy is a couple thousand bucks. Before ACA I never bothered with a wellness check. I’m not having one this year.
You've been ripped off!!!!

By law, your health insurance plan, is suppose to pay for Preventative Care with no out of pocket expense, unless one still has a plan that has been grandfathered with below ACA required standards of care.

I wish I had known this year's ago, when the new healthcare law was passed! Our deductible was so High, I didn't even think of going for a wellness visit....even though the hubbys employer contributed $900 towards our deductible, which they pay first, before it hit us. It was just a couple of years ago, when I needed a mammogram, that I found out that my insurance paid for it, and got curious about the fine print in our policy of, what else, is covered?

ACA: PREVENTIVE CARE COVERAGE REQUIREMENTS

Reference
Section 2713 of the Public Health Service Act (the “Act’), as added by the Affordable Care Act (“ACA”), requires group health plans and health insurance issuers that are not grandfathered health plans to provide a wide array of preventive care items and services with no cost-sharing. This means that no deductibles, copays, coinsurance, or other cost-sharing measures otherwise imposed on plan participants can be imposed for specified in-network preventive care services.

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Preventive Care Services That Must be Provided Without Cost-Sharing
For plan years beginning on or after September 23, 2010, non-grandfathered group health plans must cover recommended preventive services, as described under specified medical and scientific guidelines, on a first-dollar basis. Additionally, these plans may no longer charge patients a copayment, coinsurance or deductible for these services when they are delivered by a network provider. In addition, any State insurance laws that impose requirements on health insurance issuers that are stricter than those imposed by the ACA will not be superseded by the ACA. Grandfathered plans that later lose that status will need to comply on the first day of the plan year in which they are no longer considered grandfathered. In addition, grandfathered plans that are not required, but voluntarily choose to implement the new preventive care requirements as part of their new plan design may do so without jeopardizing the plan’s grandfathered status.

Recommended Preventive Health Services
Under the new rules, a non-grandfathered plan must provide benefits for and prohibit the imposition of cost-sharing requirements (including copayments, coinsurance or deductibles) with respect to the following items and services obtained from an in-network provider:

Evidence-based items or services that have in effect a rating of A or B in the current recommendations of the United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) with respect to the individual involved. (See the Complete List of USPSTF Grade A and B Recommendations)

Immunizations for routine use in children, adolescents, and adults that have in effect a recommendation by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC Advisory Committee) with respect to the individual involved. See the schedules below.

There is no such thing as free- free is unencumbered- taxes were coerced to pay for your visit. That is encumbered.
she doesnt realize shes a leech on society,,,
You Reagan Repubtards prefer citizens get very ill, rack up huge ER bills & bankrupt or die.
Preventive care on high risk patients lowers healthcare cost for everyone.
Obamacare is saving the USA $143 billion!
fredgraph.png
Yep....but not cover anything other than sex-changes and abortions.
Your health insurance covers wellness and age appropriate tests, labs, procedures, immunizations....

Now go out and get yourself a Wellness visit!!

You Reagan Repubtards prefer citizens get very ill, rack up huge ER bills & bankrupt or die.
fredgraph.png
Your health insurance covers wellness and age appropriate tests, labs, procedures, immunizations....

Just shows the stupidity of Obamacare that you can't buy an insurance that you want.

Not everyone wants a yearly colonoscopy. Transferring money from one person to the next, what democrats do best.

fredgraph.png

I don't have Obamacare....so yes....that's true.
However....my wife is on medicare....and our doctor said she doesn't take medicare patients anymore.
Medicare refuses to pay all of the bill.

fredgraph.png

However....my wife is on medicare....and our doctor said she doesn't take medicare patients anymore.
ALL health insurance, including health insurance from your employer, HAS TO MEET, the Obamacare, aka the ACA requirements, under the law.... So either you do not have health insurance, or you have a grandfathered policy, that never covered preventative care....

medicare covers all wellness visit care mentioned with no out of pocket.....?

Last edited:
fredgraph.png

Just shows the stupidity of Obamacare that you can't buy an insurance that you want.

Not everyone wants a yearly colonoscopy. Transferring money from one person to the next, what democrats do best.
It doesn't cover a yearly colonoscopy... it covers an age appropriate colonoscopy...could be every 5 years or so??

Mine is covered every year on my insurance because my father, and grandfather both had colon cancer, at around my age...and I am at high risk.

fredgraph.png

It doesn't cover a yearly colonoscopy... it covers an age appropriate colonoscopy...could be every 5 years or so??

Mine is covered every year on my insurance because my father, and grandfather both had colon cancer, at around my age...and I am at high risk.

Anti-freedom, anti-American system.

fredgraph.png

Anti-freedom, anti-American system.
Why???

fredgraph.png

ALL health insurance, including health insurance from your employer, HAS TO MEET, the Obamacare, aka the ACA requirements, under the law.... So either you do not have health insurance, or you have a grandfathered policy, that never covered preventative care....

medicare covers all wellness visit care mentioned with no out of pocket.....?

Sorry, but the only requirements that Obamacare stresses is they have to cover abortions, birth control, and sex-changes.
Health insurance no-longer covers anything in podiatry, orthopedics, or chiropracters. Many doctors have dropped medicare patients because they only get paid 75%. I pay 3 times the amount I used to pay, but my insurance covers much less than before Obamacare.
The left has intentionally screwed up our health care system so that the public will start screaming for universal health care.
The best way to completely take over a country is thru their health care, their food supply, and their media.
Democrats are trying to control all three.

all insurance covers what I am talking about, silly one! Since the ACA, ....no insurance company policy could be a useless one..... remember, everyone complained that had a cheaper policy, and because they lost their coverage, because insurance companies were forced to have good basic coverage, for annual visits and other required standard tests for ones age..... and of course it is not free free, just free from having to have the charges come out of your deductible, before insurance would pay, plus the other benefits of no caps on insurance, and pre-existing conditions covered and kids till 26 able to be on parents plan etc etc etc... all came with the ACA passing

We and our employers still pay premiums, but for our wellness visit, once a year, we can see our doctor and none of it along with tests, has to come out of our deductibles.... at least that is how it is with Matt and me....

I have been charged for every wellness annual wellness visit for the last four years. It runs about $200. Never had a colonoscopy, the take a stool sample and I pay for lab work, if I want a colonoscopy is a couple thousand bucks. Before ACA I never bothered with a wellness check. I’m not having one this year.
You've been ripped off!!!!

By law, your health insurance plan, is suppose to pay for Preventative Care with no out of pocket expense, unless one still has a plan that has been grandfathered with below ACA required standards of care.

I wish I had known this year's ago, when the new healthcare law was passed! Our deductible was so High, I didn't even think of going for a wellness visit....even though the hubbys employer contributed $900 towards our deductible, which they pay first, before it hit us. It was just a couple of years ago, when I needed a mammogram, that I found out that my insurance paid for it, and got curious about the fine print in our policy of, what else, is covered?

ACA: PREVENTIVE CARE COVERAGE REQUIREMENTS

Reference
Section 2713 of the Public Health Service Act (the “Act’), as added by the Affordable Care Act (“ACA”), requires group health plans and health insurance issuers that are not grandfathered health plans to provide a wide array of preventive care items and services with no cost-sharing. This means that no deductibles, copays, coinsurance, or other cost-sharing measures otherwise imposed on plan participants can be imposed for specified in-network preventive care services.

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
For plan years beginning on or after September 23, 2010, non-grandfathered group health plans must cover recommended preventive services, as described under specified medical and scientific guidelines, on a first-dollar basis. Additionally, these plans may no longer charge patients a copayment, coinsurance or deductible for these services when they are delivered by a network provider. In addition, any State insurance laws that impose requirements on health insurance issuers that are stricter than those imposed by the ACA will not be superseded by the ACA. Grandfathered plans that later lose that status will need to comply on the first day of the plan year in which they are no longer considered grandfathered. In addition, grandfathered plans that are not required, but voluntarily choose to implement the new preventive care requirements as part of their new plan design may do so without jeopardizing the plan’s grandfathered status.

Recommended Preventive Health Services
Under the new rules, a non-grandfathered plan must provide benefits for and prohibit the imposition of cost-sharing requirements (including copayments, coinsurance or deductibles) with respect to the following items and services obtained from an in-network provider:

Evidence-based items or services that have in effect a rating of A or B in the current recommendations of the United States Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) with respect to the individual involved. (See the Complete List of USPSTF Grade A and B Recommendations)

Immunizations for routine use in children, adolescents, and adults that have in effect a recommendation by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC Advisory Committee) with respect to the individual involved. See the schedules below.

And so what do I do? Waste my time fighting with insurance companies for $250? If I don’t go to the doctor at all, I don’t have to worry about it at all. It’s a plan through my work, I couldn’t begin to tell about it. It’s $690 bucks a month, $1800 deductible, waste of good money. A catastrophic plan worked well for me, it seems the government thinks it knows what I need and forced me to spend my hard earned money on something I didn’t want.

How did your visit turn out?

I am guessing everything is OK, but I have not read through the whole thread.

Hope you're doing fine, C4A.

How did your visit turn out?

I am guessing everything is OK, but I have not read through the whole thread.

Hope you're doing fine, C4A.
:thup:

Thanks Jimbo! All fine, (at the one end)! :)

Won't know on the weird dark spot/ mole, until she cuts it off and sends it in for a biopsy! :eek:

Won't know on the weird dark spot/ mole, until she cuts it off and sends it in for a biopsy! :eek:
I had what I thought was a cyst on my head and it turned out to be a basal cell carcinoma, fairly benign form of cancer.

But it left a big dent in my head that whistles in the wind.

Forum List

Back