Corona Virus and my annual doctor Visit

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Ok, so I was suppose to get my annual Wellness visit... it's free on my insurance and yours too,, so why not get it every year? The labs and other tests required for a person of my age, are free as well.... no copays and no out of pocket expenses or deductibles since the ACA was passed....all insurance has to cover those things... like I need a colonoscopy every couple of years because my dad had colon cancer when he was about my age.... he beat it, but they still watch him for polyps every few months and have found new ones that he has removed early in the forming of them.... so my colonoscopy is considered a necessity and part of my yearly wellness exam, and a mammogram every couple of years as well.... all included.... which I did not even realize they were covered until a few years ago......

Ok, so going back to my visit with my Doc and all of the Corona Virus precautions taken by the Health Center she has her practice at....

I arrive on time and approach the glass doors to the entrance to the building... it is locked...there is a girl in there on a folding chair with a lap top on a folding table, another table with disposable masks and hand sanitizer machine right above it..... Still locked out, she comes outside, asks my name and which Doctor I am there to see, and what time was my appointment,

all of this outside of the glass doors, me wearing a mask and she wearing a mask.....took my temperature, asked if I was out of state or out of country recently,

Then she asks me to point out my car, and sends me back there to wait...

and said someone would come out to get me when they are ready for me....

So in a few minutes, the Doctor's Nurse comes out and leads me to the doctor's room, passed the lobby and no one is in the lobby, everyone is waiting outside in their cars.... passed no one in the hallway to the doctor/changing room, nurse stopped me at the scale to weigh me in..... HATE that part, but I was the same as last year...thank God!

Oh, did I tell you the nurse not only had a surgical mask, but also a plexiglass shield over her eyes and face?

So then I get my blood pressure and oxygen level and pulse rate done by her, and get in to the gown, she comes back in and sits a little ipad on the table in front of me and tells me my doctor will speak to me via the computer for the first twenty minutes to get all of my issues down, before coming in to actually see me face to face, to limit her and my exposure to one another.....

so, via the computer I tell her all of my issues, then she shows up to the room with lab coat and n 95 mask and plexiglass face shield and comes in the room and immediately goes behind a plexiglass folding wall, where her computer is, and talks to me from there about my lab results, and even examined a mole of mine that I wanted her to look at, behind this plexiglass screen..... only after she looked at it through her plastic barrier and near the end of the appointment, did she spend a few seconds out from behind her screen to look at the mole again, directly.....

She spent about 2 minutes in the actual room with me, out from behind her plexiglass folding wall, and then left.....after she told me where to leave the gown and I could leave when dressed, I did, with no one in the hall or lobby, on the way out.

the whole experience, was like I was in some twilight zone episode....!!!!!!!!!!!

But at the same time, I kind of liked it..... I liked the Health Center doctors taking all of those precautions, and I really liked talking to her face to face on the Computer..... I felt more at ease asking her my stupid questions about things, and she seemed more willing to answer them and at ease....not rushed....

Has anyone else been to see the Doctor lately and is your Doctor's Office like, what I went through?

Ok, so I was suppose to get my annual Wellness visit... it's free on my insurance and yours too,, so why not get it every year? The labs and other tests required for a person of my age, are free as well.... no copays and no out of pocket expenses or deductibles since the ACA was passed....all insurance has to cover those things... like I need a colonoscopy every couple of years because my dad had colon cancer when he was about my age.... he beat it, but they still watch him for polyps every few months and have found new ones that he has removed early in the forming of them.... so my colonoscopy is considered a necessity and part of my yearly wellness exam, and a mammogram every couple of years as well.... all included.... which I did not even realize they were covered until a few years ago......

Ok, so going back to my visit with my Doc and all of the Corona Virus precautions taken by the Health Center she has her practice at....

I arrive on time and approach the glass doors to the entrance to the building... it is locked...there is a girl in there on a folding chair with a lap top on a folding table, another table with disposable masks and hand sanitizer machine right above it..... Still locked out, she comes outside, asks my name and which Doctor I am there to see, and what time was my appointment,

all of this outside of the glass doors, me wearing a mask and she wearing a mask.....took my temperature, asked if I was out of state or out of country recently,

So in a few minutes, the Doctor's Nurse comes out and leads me to the doctor's room, passed the lobby and no one is in the lobby, everyone is waiting outside in their cars.... passed no one in the hallway to the doctor/changing room, nurse stopped me at the scale to weigh me in..... HATE that part, but I was the same as last year...thank God!

Oh, did I tell you the nurse not only had a surgical mask, but also a plexiglass shield over her eyes and face?

So then I get my blood pressure and oxygen level and pulse rate done by her, and get in to the gown, she comes back in and sits a little ipad on the table in front of me and tells me my doctor will speak to me via the computer for the first twenty minutes to get all of my issues down, before coming in to actually see me face to face, to limit her and my exposure to one another.....

so, via the computer I tell her all of my issues, then she shows up to the room with lab coat and n 95 mask and plexiglass face shield and comes in the room and immediately goes behind a plexiglass folding wall, where her computer is, and talks to me from there about my lab results, and even examined a mole of mine that I wanted her to look at, behind this plexiglass screen..... only after she looked at it through her plastic barrier and near the end of the appointment, did she spend a few seconds out from behind her screen to look at the mole again, directly.....

She spent about 2 minutes in the actual room with me, out from behind her plexiglass folding wall, and then left.....after she told me where to leave the gown and I could leave when dressed, I did, with no one in the hall or lobby, on the way out.

the whole experience, was like I was in some twilight zone episode....!!!!!!!!!!!

But at the same time, I kind of liked it..... I liked the Health Center doctors taking all of those precautions, and I really liked talking to her face to face on the Computer..... I felt more at ease asking her my stupid questions about things, and she seemed more willing to answer them and at ease....not rushed....

Has anyone else been to see the Doctor lately and is your Doctor's Office like, what I went through?

What is funny is the increased in errors and misdiagnosis that are bound to happen with such nonsense.

I took my poor dog in to see the vet last month----pretty much the same set up. They misdiagnosed my dog and left her in pain for an extra 2 days. I had to rush her to another vet to get her treated.

Hope you don't wind up like my dog.

Had a doctors visit a few weeks ago. Everything was as pre-covid except everyone wore mandated masks. My doctor did a hands on physical, lab work as pre-covid and were all happy and healthy today. Amazing!

I just do televisits now. that's 15 minutes against 2 hours driving to and fro, waiting with nurses, et al.

Done 2 doctor visits on smartphone apps for my neighbors who don't have a smartphone. It's only $15 a visit that way instead of $150 office visit. Used our weight scale, automatic blood pressure cuff, thermometer, tape measure, glucose tester & whoop strap data. Really high resolution video for looking at rash, ears nose & throat. Very fast & convenient. They sent the prescriptions right to pharmacy or by mail.

If I ever need a doc, I will do it online the same way.

I think it is eas
Done 2 doctor visits on smartphone apps for my neighbors who don't have a smartphone. It's only $15 a visit that way instead of $150 office visit. Used our weight scale, automatic blood pressure cuff, thermometer, tape measure, glucose tester & whoop strap data. Really high resolution video for looking at rash, ears nose & throat. Very fast & convenient. They sent the prescriptions right to pharmacy or by mail.

If I ever need a doc, I will do it online the same way.
ier on the dr.s too.

There is no such thing as free- free is unencumbered- taxes were coerced to pay for your visit. That is encumbered.
all insurance covers what I am talking about, silly one! Since the ACA, ....no insurance company policy could be a useless one..... remember, everyone complained that had a cheaper policy, and because they lost their coverage, because insurance companies were forced to have good basic coverage, for annual visits and other required standard tests for ones age..... and of course it is not free free, just free from having to have the charges come out of your deductible, before insurance would pay, plus the other benefits of no caps on insurance, and pre-existing conditions covered and kids till 26 able to be on parents plan etc etc etc... all came with the ACA passing

We and our employers still pay premiums, but for our wellness visit, once a year, we can see our doctor and none of it along with tests, has to come out of our deductibles.... at least that is how it is with Matt and me....

It is as if one were radioactive.
Taking precautions is OK, but at a certain point we are going to have to just sally forth and engage the enemy frontally. The very old and vulnerable will get the maximum support and protection and the rest will deal with it.

What is funny is the increased in errors and misdiagnosis that are bound to happen with such nonsense.

I took my poor dog in to see the vet last month----pretty much the same set up. They misdiagnosed my dog and left her in pain for an extra 2 days. I had to rush her to another vet to get her treated.

Hope you don't wind up like my dog.
poor doggy! :(

It is as if one were radioactive.
Taking precautions is OK, but at a certain point we are going to have to just sally forth and engage the enemy frontally. The very old and vulnerable will get the maximum support and protection and the rest will deal with it.
My Doctor told me to not expect it to be normal, until late spring 2022. she said, it will take that long to get enough people vaccinated, to make a real difference.

You can put on a mask and buy anything you need at Walmart and wear gloves to graze on a buffet table these days in my neck of the woods. NY Governor Cuomo forced nursing homes to accept patients infected with the Corona virus but you can't see your family doctor for tests that are critical for your health. WTF?

I went in, made my copay, waited 15 minutes, went back, got my chest listened to, got a shot went home. In and out took exactly one hour.

The new normal thanks to Democrats and our media.

You can put on a mask and buy anything you need at Walmart and wear gloves to graze on a buffet table these days in my neck of the woods. NY Governor Cuomo forced nursing homes to accept patients infected with the Corona virus but you can't see your family doctor for tests that are critical for your health. WTF?
Things are fairly normal here in my Texas county. Most shoppers weren't even wearing masks at a grocery store and we have a very low infection rate, about 100 active in the entire county.

The new normal thanks to Democrats and our media.
I think because we are really not many people at all, where I live, they must be able to take the precautions, but my sis and parents are in Florida and she said they do the temperature thingy and ask the questions and ask you to wear a mask, but they do go in and wait in the lobby and do not have to wait in their car....

but during the Spring during the lock down, they would only allow the patient in, dad busted his hand installing my sister's new garage door opener, nearly a hundred stitches in all, but they would not let my mother and sister, in to the emergency room.

There is no such thing as free- free is unencumbered- taxes were coerced to pay for your visit. That is encumbered.
she doesnt realize shes a leech on society,,,
You Reagan Repubtards prefer citizens get very ill, rack up huge ER bills & bankrupt or die.
Preventive care on high risk patients lowers healthcare cost for everyone.
Obamacare is saving the USA $143 billion!
fredgraph.png

Sounds about like the precautions they take at the WH.

Many of them here in Houston have these precautions which is better than what we had before...

Forum List

Back