Cops kill Downs man, blame paramedics

What kind of idiots would not know this person had some sort handicap?

People who do not know------a down's person just looks a bit odd------no paralysis or gross deformity. It should have been apparent to the paramedics------but maybe not. My issue is what did the paramedics do?-----I am not suggesting
that they are at fault------merely that Down's people are not put
together precisely like normal and a normal manipulation might have wrecked havoc on him. They also----if I remember correctly-----have some heart and aorta malformations. Lots of bone malformations-----and----a shortened life span because of lots of "issues"
"People that dont know" would fall into roughly two categories. Children under the age of 12 and people that have been living under a rock.
Not to mention his health care aide tried to explain the situation to the cops. If that article is true I am really surprised these cops are still employed.

his health care aide tried to tell the cops what to do out there
in the field--------oh gee------that changes everything (not)
You are supremely stupid.

The guy didn't want to leave because he wanted to watch the movie again. The manager got angry and sicced the police on him. The health care aide tried to explain the situation and call the man's mother to remedy the situation. The cops instead killed the man.
Over a fucking movie. Why not let him watch it again if he wanted to?

a downs man. You people wont be happy until we have no police force and the criminals take us over. I hope they come to your house first

Stephanie dingbat gives 3 cheers over the cops killing a man with Down Syndrome over a Goddamn movie ticket! I bet you'd feel different if that were Sarah Palin's boy.

This man loved police officers and was fascinated by them, says his mother.

down_0.png

People who do not know------a down's person just looks a bit odd------no paralysis or gross deformity. It should have been apparent to the paramedics------but maybe not. My issue is what did the paramedics do?-----I am not suggesting
together precisely like normal and a normal manipulation might have wrecked havoc on him. They also----if I remember correctly-----have some heart and aorta malformations. Lots of bone malformations-----and----a shortened life span because of lots of "issues"

It should have never gotten to the point where paramedics were needed. If those officers were too stupid to know this man was handicapped, they should lose their jobs, and possibly do jail time. This story is sickening beyond belief.

how would they know? telling a cop-----"btw ---he is mentally retarded" ??? so the cop is going to KNOW---
that down's people have all kinds of physical abnormalities?
Most people do know about the mental retardation of Down's-------but NOT THE REST

a downs man. You people wont be happy until we have no police force and the criminals take us over. I hope they come to your house first

Stephanie dingbat gives 3 cheers over the cops killing a man with Down Syndrome over a Goddamn movie ticket! I bet you'd feel different if that were Sarah Palin's boy.

This man loved police officers and was fascinated by them, says his mother.

down_0.png

It should have never gotten to the point where paramedics were needed. If those officers were too stupid to know this man was handicapped, they should lose their jobs, and possibly do jail time. This story is sickening beyond belief.

how would they know? telling a cop-----"btw ---he is mentally retarded" ??? so the cop is going to KNOW---
that down's people have all kinds of physical abnormalities?
Most people do know about the mental retardation of Down's-------but NOT THE REST

Unless you're a complete idiot, you can tell by looking at him. They shouldn't have been forceful with him at all....especially over a Goddamn movie ticket. Jeebus Cripes!

"People that dont know" would fall into roughly two categories. Children under the age of 12 and people that have been living under a rock.
Not to mention his health care aide tried to explain the situation to the cops. If that article is true I am really surprised these cops are still employed.

The guy didn't want to leave because he wanted to watch the movie again. The manager got angry and sicced the police on him. The health care aide tried to explain the situation and call the man's mother to remedy the situation. The cops instead killed the man.

yes------it is a real tragedy------Long ago----I happened to be in a COURT-----I do not recall why------but I listened to a person who to me was OBVIOUSLY "demented"-----<<<that means---
his cognition was way off----like a person with alzheimers----get questioned by the JUDGE--------the judge, obviously had no idea---------got irritated and pronounce the guy "GUILTY"-----
I was a very shy person--------just quietly almost threw up

yes------it is a real tragedy------Long ago----I happened to be in a COURT-----I do not recall why------but I listened to a person who to me was OBVIOUSLY "demented"-----<<<that means---
his cognition was way off----like a person with alzheimers----get questioned by the JUDGE--------the judge, obviously had no idea---------got irritated and pronounce the guy "GUILTY"-----

Unlike whatever it is you're talking about, you can tell this man is handicapped.

Can you not tell? Don't you expect peace officers to be able to tell when it's this obvious?

upload_2015-9-4_10-25-53.jpeg

ethan-saylor.jpg

ethansaylor300.jpg

HT_ethan_saylor_02_jef_130823_16x9_992.jpg

Are you saying that the presence of the aide wouldnt tip you off that something was different about the guy? This is assuming the aide did not tell the manager and the cops that he had Downs syndrome.

Are you saying that the presence of the aide wouldnt tip you off that something was different about the guy? This is assuming the aide did not tell the manager and the cops that he had Downs syndrome and you were deaf.

the point I tried to make is that saying a person has DOWN's syndrome does not say------to most people------"that means he has all kinds of bone and heart and structural abnormalities"----it just means "mentally retarded" Did you know that Down's people have heart problems? does your next door neighbor know?

Are you saying that the presence of the aide wouldnt tip you off that something was different about the guy? This is assuming the aide did not tell the manager and the cops that he had Downs syndrome and you were deaf.

the point I tried to make is that saying a person has DOWN's syndrome does not say------to most people------"that means he has all kinds of bone and heart and structural abnormalities"----it just means "mentally retarded" Did you know that Down's people have heart problems? does your next door neighbor know?
I dont get what that tibit of info has to do with it? People who are aware that people with Downs syndrome exist typically understand that it effects judgement, social awareness, etc.

And you think it's okay for the police to be wrestling with mentally retarded people, over a damn movie ticket?

Wow.

Hell yes, they should have known better.

I can't believe you don't expect better from our tax paid law enforcement.

I dont get what that tibit of info has to do with it? People who are aware that people with Downs syndrome exist typically understand that it effects judgement, social awareness, etc.

right----but they do not know about the PHYSICAL effects----those people got more troubles than just in their brains. To the cops he might have just been a combative "insane" person who needed to be restrained------like as if he were
otherwise a normal STRONG PERSON

right----but they do not know about the PHYSICAL effects----those people got more troubles than just in their brains. To the cops he might have just been a combative "insane" person who needed to be restrained------like as if he were

So, you would agree that the entire police force in this country need to be re-trained?

And you think it's okay for the police to be wrestling with mentally retarded people, over a damn movie ticket?

Wow.

Have you ever seen very combative people in action?
The cops are people too. When a person goes dangerously
"beserk" so do they. I know they are human beans----with human frailties and can make mistakes in snap judgements

What does the physical effects have to do with it? If your intention is to wrestle a Downs syndrome person to the ground then you have a mental problem. It seems to me that any intelligent human being would have either let the guy watch the movie again or simply waited for the mother to show up. There was no need to get the off duty cops involved and the cops themselves should have recommended that course of action. Are they all idiots and does that concern you that cops would lack that intelligence?

Wow.

"beserk" so do they. I know they are human beans----with human frailties and can make mistakes in snap judgements

They are human beans?

Wow.

He got combative because someone tried to forcibly remove him. He didnt attack anyone.

Wow.

He got combative because someone tried to forceably remove him. He didnt attack anyone.

right----cops are supposed to "forcibly" remove people-----and resisting that "force" is called a crime-------that is THEIR CULTURE. I have not seen cops who stood aside and said
"well----no one likes to be forced----so I understand" Maybe
the bobbys in London ----not the cops in my town

Wow.

He got combative because someone tried to forceably remove him. He didnt attack anyone.

right----cops are supposed to "forcibly" remove people-----and resisting that "force" is called a crime-------that is THEIR CULTURE. I have not seen cops who stood aside and said
"well----no one likes to be forced----so I understand" Maybe
the bobbys in London ----not the cops in my town
I've seen my brother in law that is a cop use his intelligence and discretion in a very similar situation. Instead of attacking the mentally ill person he helped him and finally got the guy to leave the store.

Forum List

Back