Cops held mentally ill man down on scorching asphalt until his skin literally melted off

You ARE an idiot. Now go away.

Police are acting criminally, so are you complicit?
Again, you ARE an idiot. Now go away.

This is a simple case.
The police totally screwed up, did stupid, harmful, and illegal things.
That is obvious and beyond contention.
So what the heck are you even trying to contest this?
The laws is clear.
Police can NOT legally do this.
There is no way for police to have that kind of authority.
They get their authority from delegation from us.
So if police can do something, that mean we have to authorize them to do it, and that means we have to be able to do it.
So are you REALLY going to try to content that anyone can knock someone else to the ground, under any circumstances?
Damn, you just don't listen, do you? You ARE an idiot. Now GO AWAY.

Because what you seem to be implying, that police legally can impose a penalty through deliberately inflicting pain, without trial.
And if that is what you are trying to say, you are not must wrong, but dangerously crazy.
So you had better start explaining yourself?
..these people DO need their a$$es kicked and some burning--because they are STUPID--you can't rationalize with an irrational/violent/crazy/etc jackass
....I think if you run from cops, you SHOULD get an a$$ beating--it should be legal

Cops Held Mentally Ill Man Down on Scorching Asphalt Until His Skin Literally Melted Off
(FTP) — A California man is suing the city of Citrus Heights and several of its police officers for the horrific injuries — skin literally melting off — when police forced him onto the ground of a restaurant parking lot when the temperature was more than 100 degrees outside. The city finally settled this lawsuit, but it was just learned that police and officials forced the victim’s attorney and the victim to stay silent about it. Luckily, the press is not subject to the same terms.

Well you got your ggood guys and you got your bad guys but then you have these looons who think they won't get punished because they are on the
Or you COULD look at it this way - Don't do things that would provoke a police officer(s) to HAVE to take you to the ground. Problem solved.

That seems a fairly silly response, because there is NOTHING at all a person could possibly do that would warrent them being forced on to the ground.
If they committed a crime, you hand cuff and arrest them.
At no time is it better, easier, appropriate, or legal, to knock them to the ground.
It was stipulated that the guy was crazy. It is always appropriate to restrain both crazy people and sane dangerous people on the ground in order to protect the arresting officers until they can be transported safely. Who ya gonna call when that crazy guy come knocking on your door? .

Wrong.
Crazy or not, it is NOT at all helpful to pin them to the ground.
All that does is add unnecessary pain, possible injury, damage to clothing and possessions, and violate the person's rights.
You confine a person in the locked back of the police car, not pin them to the ground.
That is ILLEGAL!
please get with reality and not TV/MOVIE crap
this is not TJ Hooker or Police Story

Cops Held Mentally Ill Man Down on Scorching Asphalt Until His Skin Literally Melted Off
(FTP) — A California man is suing the city of Citrus Heights and several of its police officers for the horrific injuries — skin literally melting off — when police forced him onto the ground of a restaurant parking lot when the temperature was more than 100 degrees outside. The city finally settled this lawsuit, but it was just learned that police and officials forced the victim’s attorney and the victim to stay silent about it. Luckily, the press is not subject to the same terms.

Well you got your ggood guys and you got your bad guys but then you have these looons who think they won't get punished because they are on the
Or you COULD look at it this way - Don't do things that would provoke a police officer(s) to HAVE to take you to the ground. Problem solved.
WTF - Thug Police kill people all the time without provocation or reason.

WTF - Thug Police kill people all the time without provocation or reason.
hahahhah--all the time--hahahhahaha
In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The paper categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest.
Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.
I can go on and on with evidence/links/etc --so if you like to go at it--go pal
https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/

I bet they’d love my viewpoint - thst resistance is tantamount to an admission of guilt and should be met with gunfire.

What the link in the op neglected to include was the security camera footage of the guy who ended up getting burned assaulting another customer and jumping over the counter and generally being a terrorist.

Nothing the victim could have done is made better by knocking the person to the hard and hot ground.
If nothing else, it is pretty much impossible not to lose large sections of skin in the rough sandpaper texture of asphalt.
No sane person would ever do such a vicious and stupid thing.
If the person is out of control or dangerous, you handcuff them. That is easier if they are standing.

So what if someone is resisting arrest?
That does not mean you have any reason to knock them down on hard, hot, asphalt.
Why not just shoot them all instead of arresting anyone then?
If you allow punishment before trial, then why bother with a trial at all?

To prevent someone from resisting arrest and/or hurting themselves, you place them in a position to limit their movement. The story is an exaggeration at the least and an outright lie at the worst.

Sure, and the position you place them in is on a padded seat in the back of a police car.
If instead you knock them to the ground, you not only risk injuring them, but you have angered them and allowed them to use their feet at much more dangerous weapons than their hands would be.

You don't know jack about what is proper, dumbass! Were you there?

What is the first thing a cop does before arresting someone in a violent situation? He puts them of the ground!

I am old enough to have seen hundreds of violent confrontations with police, and only in the last decade are police so stupid and badly trained as to put people on the ground. It is asking for trouble. It is also illegal.

Total and complete bullshit! You are not old enough to say it doesn't happen, when I see it on the news every single day, dumbass!

Read more carefully.
I said it happens.
But I said it only happens in the last decade or so, which shows training has changed for the far worse.
Clearly police must now be trained to illegally knock people to the ground, taze them, and beat them into submission.
Police these days have to be insane or really stupid to follow such ridiculous military training.
Police have forgotten they are actually civilians hired by the people to serve and protect.
They think they are at Bagdhad instead.

To prevent someone from resisting arrest and/or hurting themselves, you place them in a position to limit their movement. The story is an exaggeration at the least and an outright lie at the worst.

Sure, and the position you place them in is on a padded seat in the back of a police car.
If instead you knock them to the ground, you not only risk injuring them, but you have angered them and allowed them to use their feet at much more dangerous weapons than their hands would be.

What is the first thing a cop does before arresting someone in a violent situation? He puts them of the ground!

I am old enough to have seen hundreds of violent confrontations with police, and only in the last decade are police so stupid and badly trained as to put people on the ground. It is asking for trouble. It is also illegal.

Total and complete bullshit! You are not old enough to say it doesn't happen, when I see it on the news every single day, dumbass!

Read more carefully.
I said it happens.
But I said it only happens in the last decade or so, which shows training has changed for the far worse.
Clearly police must now be trained to illegally knock people to the ground, taze them, and beat them into submission.
Police these days have to be insane or really stupid to follow such ridiculous military training.
Police have forgotten they are actually civilians hired by the people to serve and protect.

It's happened forever. The difference is we now have the technology to readily record it. One could note that the same thing happened to Rodney King.

Another stupid pig that FNCCEO will no doubt defend that ought to be busted off the force, have the book thrown at and be charged with criminal assault.

SURE, you dumb, fucking jackass! Just lay here burning your skin off until I complete my arrest!
as I stated--these articles leave a lot of facts out
...the police can't say ''pretty please'' to irrational/stupid/crazy/violent/etc people-FORCE has to be used--and if you have to use FORCE on a non-compliant person or item, guess what?? something breaks ..it's not the cops fault -- plain and simple

the OP's article left this out--conveniently:
Security footage inside the KFC shows that Nelson tried to jump the counter and took a swipe at the manager — he also unsuccessfully attempted to steal the manager’s wallet.
he got what he deserved
Sacramento Arrest Leaves Man Hospitalized With Third Degree Burns

The rule of law requires that judges decide what people deserve, not police. When police do it on their own, that is called an illegal dictatorship or police state.

That does not mean you have any reason to knock them down on hard, hot, asphalt.

hahahhahahahahh
we have so many Bruce Lees/James Bonds/Chuck Norrises
hahahaha
....you people would talk to irrational/violent/crazy/etc jackasses that want to hurt you--and MAGICALLY--they would listen to you
..OR you would ''incapacitate'' them with a karate chop--with no harm done
hahahahhahahahahahhahah

What I said is that you handcuff them. What does your post have to do with anything?

That seems a fairly silly response, because there is NOTHING at all a person could possibly do that would warrent them being forced on to the ground.
If they committed a crime, you hand cuff and arrest them.
At no time is it better, easier, appropriate, or legal, to knock them to the ground.

Resisting arrest?

another HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
they are angered ALREADY!!!!!!!! DUH
jesusf christ!!!!!!
they are irrational/ANGERED/violent ALREADY-BEFORE the cops get there
....here's the REAL story that the OP did not link! the Jackass is angered/violent/irrational BEFORE the cops get there
Sacramento Arrest Leaves Man Hospitalized With Third Degree Burns

The guy was angry about something, towards someone.
That does not mean he was angry towards everyone.
The uniform is supposed to identify the cop as a friend or at least neutral.
So you do NOT want to squander that good will by beating on him right away, as these cops did.
Third degree burns are illegal.
The cops violated the law and caused more harm than they were called to handle.
Did the suspect cause any 3rd degree burns to anyone, or anything remotely equivalent?

I bet they’d love my viewpoint - thst resistance is tantamount to an admission of guilt and should be met with gunfire.

First of all you have it backwards, in that those who are actually guilty, NEVER resist, as they want to remain as low profile as possible, and negotiate the lowest penalty from the prosecutor. It is only the innocent being incorrectly accused that get angry and resist.
Second is that government and police are NOT a source of any legal authority. The ONLY source of legal authority in a democratic republic is the inherent rights of individuals. Police then exist because they borrow our delegated authority. Which means police then can only do what we authorize, and we can only authorize that which we can do ourselves. So then clearly you have to see it is wrong to believe police can shoot any more than any ordinary person can shoot.

Read more carefully.
I said it happens.

It's happened forever. The difference is we now have the technology to readily record it. One could note that the same thing happened to Rodney King.

And it was always wrong as well. The police who beat Rodney King were punished.

First of all you have it backwards, in that those who are actually guilty, NEVER resist, as they want to remain as low profile as possible, and negotiate the lowest penalty from the prosecutor. It is only the innocent being incorrectly accused that get angry and resist.
Second is that government and police are NOT a source of any legal authority. The ONLY source of legal authority in a democratic republic is the inherent rights of individuals. Police then exist because they borrow our delegated authority. Which means police then can only do what we authorize, and we can only authorize that which we can do ourselves. So then clearly you have to see it is wrong to believe police can shoot any more than any ordinary person can shoot.

I don’t believe in Rights. I don’t believe in a Democratic Republic. I most certainly don’t believe that there are any innocent people in the world more than three years old. I most definitely DO believe in shooting anyone who resists or flees the police.

Police are acting criminally, so are you complicit?
Again, you ARE an idiot. Now go away.

This is a simple case.
The police totally screwed up, did stupid, harmful, and illegal things.
That is obvious and beyond contention.
So what the heck are you even trying to contest this?
The laws is clear.
Police can NOT legally do this.
There is no way for police to have that kind of authority.
They get their authority from delegation from us.
So if police can do something, that mean we have to authorize them to do it, and that means we have to be able to do it.
So are you REALLY going to try to content that anyone can knock someone else to the ground, under any circumstances?
Damn, you just don't listen, do you? You ARE an idiot. Now GO AWAY.

Because what you seem to be implying, that police legally can impose a penalty through deliberately inflicting pain, without trial.
And if that is what you are trying to say, you are not must wrong, but dangerously crazy.
So you had better start explaining yourself?
..these people DO need their a$$es kicked and some burning--because they are STUPID--you can't rationalize with an irrational/violent/crazy/etc jackass
....I think if you run from cops, you SHOULD get an a$$ beating--it should be legal

Wrong.
Innocent people run from the cops because they are embarrassed, scared, etc.
They will run even more if cops are beating people up even more.

What people deserve is one thing, but letting police pass judgement and impose sentence, is insanely illegal and dangerous.

I don’t believe in Rights. I don’t believe in a Democratic Republic. I most certainly don’t believe that there are any innocent people in the world more than three years old. I most definitely DO believe in shooting anyone who resists or flees the police.

Then the goal of all decent people would have to be to kill the police on sight.
You would make them into something evil and counter to the rule of law.

lThen the goal of all decent people would have to be to kill the police on sight.

Not at all. The goal of all decent people should be not to have to be involved with the police.

I would make Law and Order the core concept of Society and ensure those who fail to comply do not get a second chance to make the same mistake.

lThen the goal of all decent people would have to be to kill the police on sight.

Not at all. The goal of all decent people should be not to have to be involved with the police.

I would make Law and Order the core concept of Society and ensure those who fail to comply do not get a second chance to make the same mistake.

If law and order was the goal of society, then we never would have rebelled from England.
No, the goal of society is individual rights, justice, and freedom.
When gov or police do not serve that, they are to be destroyed as fast as possible.

The police could have simply touched the pavement to see just how hot it is, or on any hot day, they could touch it to see, but they don't because, ironically, they are afraid they will get burns, so they become willfully hardened or oblivious to the dangers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back