Cops held mentally ill man down on scorching asphalt until his skin literally melted off

My skin literally melted off my face, hands and legs back in March.

Luckily, it healed. Had to spend almost a month in a burn unit, though.

Cops Held Mentally Ill Man Down on Scorching Asphalt Until His Skin Literally Melted Off
(FTP) — A California man is suing the city of Citrus Heights and several of its police officers for the horrific injuries — skin literally melting off — when police forced him onto the ground of a restaurant parking lot when the temperature was more than 100 degrees outside. The city finally settled this lawsuit, but it was just learned that police and officials forced the victim’s attorney and the victim to stay silent about it. Luckily, the press is not subject to the same terms.

Well you got your ggood guys and you got your bad guys but then you have these looons who think they won't get punished because they are on the
Or you COULD look at it this way - Don't do things that would provoke a police officer(s) to HAVE to take you to the ground. Problem solved.

That seems a fairly silly response, because there is NOTHING at all a person could possibly do that would warrent them being forced on to the ground.
If they committed a crime, you hand cuff and arrest them.
At no time is it better, easier, appropriate, or legal, to knock them to the ground.

Resisting arrest?

So what if someone is resisting arrest?
That does not mean you have any reason to knock them down on hard, hot, asphalt.
Why not just shoot them all instead of arresting anyone then?
If you allow punishment before trial, then why bother with a trial at all?

To prevent someone from resisting arrest and/or hurting themselves, you place them in a position to limit their movement. The story is an exaggeration at the least and an outright lie at the worst.

No. Blistering is not melting. Blistering is characteristic of a second degree burn, and that is not "melting". A third degree burn cause destruction of the skin tissue.

Don't be a dumbass and agree with some off the wall source that is spewing lies to make the cops look badly.

It blisters and liquifies the skin then it drips off like bacon grease.

You know-it-alls don't know anything about what you're talking about. As usual.

The fake news stipulated that the victim's skin "literally melted off". How is that possible?

Go to Az. once DUFIS!

As a kid going barefoot, I got blisters just walking asphalt in WI during the summer.

So you were a dumbass as a kid also? Nothing has changed apparently!

Seems to me all kids learn by making mistakes.
But I learn from my mistakes.

I thought by your post that you were providing justification for why you are a dumbass today. If it is not that, why are you a dumbass?

Cops Held Mentally Ill Man Down on Scorching Asphalt Until His Skin Literally Melted Off
(FTP) — A California man is suing the city of Citrus Heights and several of its police officers for the horrific injuries — skin literally melting off — when police forced him onto the ground of a restaurant parking lot when the temperature was more than 100 degrees outside. The city finally settled this lawsuit, but it was just learned that police and officials forced the victim’s attorney and the victim to stay silent about it. Luckily, the press is not subject to the same terms.

Well you got your ggood guys and you got your bad guys but then you have these looons who think they won't get punished because they are on the
Or you COULD look at it this way - Don't do things that would provoke a police officer(s) to HAVE to take you to the ground. Problem solved.

That seems a fairly silly response, because there is NOTHING at all a person could possibly do that would warrent them being forced on to the ground.
At no time is it better, easier, appropriate, or legal, to knock them to the ground.

Resisting arrest?

That does not mean you have any reason to knock them down on hard, hot, asphalt.

To prevent someone from resisting arrest and/or hurting themselves, you place them in a position to limit their movement. The story is an exaggeration at the least and an outright lie at the worst.

Sure, and the position you place them in is on a padded seat in the back of a police car.
If instead you knock them to the ground, you not only risk injuring them, but you have angered them and allowed them to use their feet at much more dangerous weapons than their hands would be.

The fake news stipulated that the victim's skin "literally melted off". How is that possible?

Go to Az. once DUFIS!

As a kid going barefoot, I got blisters just walking asphalt in WI during the summer.

I thought by your post that you were providing justification for why you are a dumbass today. If it is not that, why are you a dumbass?

The contention on this thread is whether or not hot asphalt can cause burns.
The point of the post was to prove hot asphalt does cause burns.
It pretty much has to, and everyone should know that by the time they become adults.

Resisting arrest?

Sure, and the position you place them in is on a padded seat in the back of a police car.
If instead you knock them to the ground, you not only risk injuring them, but you have angered them and allowed them to use their feet at much more dangerous weapons than their hands would be.

You don't know jack about what is proper, dumbass! Were you there?

What is the first thing a cop does before arresting someone in a violent situation? He puts them of the ground!

It pretty much has to, and everyone should know that by the time they become adults.

Don't waste your time with boot lickers. Boot lickers gonna lick boots regardless. They're fully indoctrinated. They literally gasp when met with others in society who do not savor the state's delicacy as they do.

Go to Az. once DUFIS!

Yes, hot asphalt can cause burns, but not as you, the person suing the cops, or the article claims.

If what you said was true, there would thousands of sailors walking around with disfigured faces, necks and hands caused by the heat in shipboard engineering spaces.

Resisting arrest?

What is the first thing a cop does before arresting someone in a violent situation? He puts them of the ground!

I am old enough to have seen hundreds of violent confrontations with police, and only in the last decade are police so stupid and badly trained as to put people on the ground. It is asking for trouble. It is also illegal.

Yes, hot asphalt can cause burns, but not as you, the person suing the cops, or the article claims.

If what you said was true, there would thousands of sailors walking around with disfigured faces, necks and hands caused by the heat in shipboard engineering spaces.

That is silly.
Sailor are not making contact with skin against hot, black, asphalt in the sun.
There is nothing black a ship that sailors have to contact with bare skin.
The article verified the asphalt was 170 degrees.
How can something 170 degrees not cause serious burns?

{...
The minimum temperature that can cause a burn in a finite amount of time is 44 °C (111 °F) for exposure times exceeding 6 hours. From 44° to 51 °C (111° to 124 °F), the rate of burn approximately doubles with each degree risen. The burn would develop in less than a second if the exposure temperature is at least 70 °C (160 °F).
,,,}
Thermal burn - Wikipedia

What the link in the op neglected to include was the security camera footage of the guy who ended up getting burned assaulting another customer and jumping over the counter and generally being a terrorist.

Resisting arrest?

I am old enough to have seen hundreds of violent confrontations with police, and only in the last decade are police so stupid and badly trained as to put people on the ground. It is asking for trouble. It is also illegal.

Total and complete bullshit! You are not old enough to say it doesn't happen, when I see it on the news every single day, dumbass!

In our legalistic society today, you have to ask; did the police follow their training or not, not whether in your subjective opinion hot tar is an appropriate surface to hold someone down on.

Hell, my Daddy did that to me EVERY DANGED day if I missed my chores.

And it never did me any lasting harm, other than this twitch I get on my back, under all the scar tissue. and the skin cancer I got a few times....

But it taught me sumpin!

lol

It was stipulated that the guy was crazy. It is always appropriate to restrain both crazy people and sane dangerous people on the ground in order to protect the arresting officers until they can be transported safely. Who ya gonna call when that crazy guy come knocking on your door? .

That is what we are trying to change. Seems this guy was able to control the situation all without any violence what so ever.

Keanon Lowe, Oregon coach, takes gun, hugs would-be shooter in video

Yes, the police are trained to be violent. We are going to change that.

Another stupid pig that FNCCEO will no doubt defend that ought to be busted off the force, have the book thrown at and be charged with criminal assault.

SURE, you dumb, fucking jackass! Just lay here burning your skin off until I complete my arrest!
as I stated--these articles leave a lot of facts out
...the police can't say ''pretty please'' to irrational/stupid/crazy/violent/etc people-FORCE has to be used--and if you have to use FORCE on a non-compliant person or item, guess what?? something breaks ..it's not the cops fault -- plain and simple

the OP's article left this out--conveniently:
Security footage inside the KFC shows that Nelson tried to jump the counter and took a swipe at the manager — he also unsuccessfully attempted to steal the manager’s wallet.
he got what he deserved
Sacramento Arrest Leaves Man Hospitalized With Third Degree Burns

Resisting arrest?

hahahhahahahahh
we have so many Bruce Lees/James Bonds/Chuck Norrises
hahahaha
....you people would talk to irrational/violent/crazy/etc jackasses that want to hurt you--and MAGICALLY--they would listen to you
..OR you would ''incapacitate'' them with a karate chop--with no harm done
hahahahhahahahahahhahah

Resisting arrest?

another HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
they are angered ALREADY!!!!!!!! DUH
jesusf christ!!!!!!
they are irrational/ANGERED/violent ALREADY-BEFORE the cops get there
....here's the REAL story that the OP did not link! the Jackass is angered/violent/irrational BEFORE the cops get there
Sacramento Arrest Leaves Man Hospitalized With Third Degree Burns

Forum List

Back