Cops Fighting Mandatory Drug Tests – Claim it’s ‘Unconstitutional’

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
So it's unconstitutional to drug test cops, who have a license to kill, but not high school students who want to play sports? Interesting.

And don't even get me started on the irony of police officers complaining about having to undergo an "illegal search and seizure."

In an unprecedented protest against the routine offenses against due process and bodily integrity carried out in the name of the “war on drugs,” the union representing Pittsburgh police officers has condemned workplace drug and alcohol testing as a violation of the Constitution. Their zeal for the right to privacy only applies to themselves, however, not to the public they supposedly serve.

NBC affiliate WPXI reports that the Pittsburgh Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police “has filed a civil rights grievance against the city, claiming officers have been order to undergo drug and alcohol testing that is in violation of their contract.” Union attorney Bryan Campbell describes the policy as “an illegal search and seizure.”

Cops Fighting Mandatory Drug Tests – Claim it’s ‘Unconstitutional’ to Screen Police Urine

I had no problems with drug tests while in the service, nor as a corrections officer...

Make them piss in the cup

So it's unconstitutional to drug test cops, who have a license to kill, but not high school students who want to play sports? Interesting.

And don't even get me started on the irony of police officers complaining about having to undergo an "illegal search and seizure."

In an unprecedented protest against the routine offenses against due process and bodily integrity carried out in the name of the “war on drugs,” the union representing Pittsburgh police officers has condemned workplace drug and alcohol testing as a violation of the Constitution. Their zeal for the right to privacy only applies to themselves, however, not to the public they supposedly serve.

NBC affiliate WPXI reports that the Pittsburgh Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police “has filed a civil rights grievance against the city, claiming officers have been order to undergo drug and alcohol testing that is in violation of their contract.” Union attorney Bryan Campbell describes the policy as “an illegal search and seizure.”

Cops Fighting Mandatory Drug Tests – Claim it’s ‘Unconstitutional’ to Screen Police Urine

LMAO...Aw man let me get some mood music for this

small-violin.gif

With great power comes great responsibility. I'd rather see a Cop drug tested then some corporate drone who works for JP Morgan.

Some jobs require it, others its just a waste of time. Law enforcement should require it.

Amazing, they are allowed to ruin someones life if they SUSPECT someone of anything but its goes beyond the pale to drug test these assholes lol.

I would love to hear them tell why this goes to far in a room with the people they've searched and arrested starting with suspicion

Police unions (called "fraternal organizations" or "benevolent associations") wield substantial power in this type of conflict because if the cops engage in a covert job-action, typically including reduced summons activity, the result can be loss of millions of dollars in revenue.

This is why police officers are rarely punished or prosecuted -- and why it's very unlikely the Pittsburgh cops will be drug-tested.

Forum List

Back