Cops cofiscate cameras at a town hall meeting

It doesn't matter what party the guy belongs to.

What matters is the fucking cops being used as Gestapo to wantonly violate our rights.
It doesn't matter what Party only when it's a Republican, then it's "the government." But let it be a Democrat and it is an indictment of Democrats, Lberals and Unions everywhere.

It doesn't matter what party it is because whoever does it is wrong.
So tell that to the fucktard that pretended it was a Democrat doing this.

Well, if you want to be credible, that is.

It doesn't matter what Party only when it's a Republican, then it's "the government." But let it be a Democrat and it is an indictment of Democrats, Lberals and Unions everywhere.

It doesn't matter what party it is because whoever does it is wrong.
So tell that to the fucktard that pretended it was a Democrat doing this.

Well, if you want to be credible, that is.

What makes you think I care about credibility?

He is a fucktard though.

My comment is about union cops,

i dont have a problem with real police officers doing their Duty.
So only policemen who are not union members are REAL policemen? What kind of reasoning is this?

Might I answer my own question by saying that, in your opinion, any policemen who are union members are illegitimate. I wonder where that kind of 'reasoning' can come from?

Can't believe you fools are arguing over whether this is a Repub thing or Dem thing..

At least 12 current court cases in 6 states over citizens getting pummeled attempting to photograph arrests and stops.

Get with the program and find the Inst. for Justice or ACLU or WHOMEVER is systematically trying to head this off at the pass...

With all due respect just what cant you argue about?

Isnt that why the internet was invented in the first place?

matter of fact, the first transmission has been found, it read:

STFU a_hole!

Cops mostly are defenders of those in power.

If those in power are evil bastards then so too must the cops be evil bastards.

When one signs onto the theory that one must support the letter of the law, rather than the idea of justice, then one becomes a potential TOOL of evil.

Let's remember, shall we, that the members of the GESTAPO were law ABIDING COPS.

That line in itself is the basis for the rest of your post.

The problem is, you are 100% wrong with that line, so the rest of your post is useless.
Police officers are para-military agents of the state. They wear uniforms and salute their superior officers. Unless they decide to resign from their status they are obliged to obey orders. If their orders are to wear riot gear and form up for crowd control, they do so. And if you wish to see what they do when ordered to control crowds of civilian demonstrators watch some video of the 1999 World Trade Organization protest in Seattle.

While there are some cops who will evaluate their orders and behave accordingly, the vast majority will not. They are guided by authoritarian instincts and will do as they are told with absolutely no regard for who or what is right or wrong.

g20cops.jpg

And if you wish to see what they do when ordered to control crowds of civilian demonstrators watch some video of the 1999 World Trade Organization protest in Seattle.

Civilian demonstrators? Anarchists are a para military organization in their own right.

Who deserve to get their asses beat for christ sake they love anarchy so the got it.

:cuckoo:

Here we go folks. The fucking police state in action. i guess any violation of our rights is permitted as long as some idiot politician sics his dogs (pigs) on the public under the false pretense of security.

[youtube]5R0a8CcegxI#![/youtube]

Cop needs to be diciplined, retrained, and if he doesn't get what he did wrong still then fired.

Here we go folks. The fucking police state in action. i guess any violation of our rights is permitted as long as some idiot politician sics his dogs (pigs) on the public under the false pretense of security.

I thought you knew. When they came for her camera, there was no one left to stand up for her.:cool:

Cop needs to be diciplined, retrained, and if he doesn't get what he did wrong still then fired.

That is not enough. 1st United States enforcement agencies all need the ball lowered on their asses with a set of federal rules and prison penaltys for violating those rules. Maybe after a few of these cops get porked in prison cells we will see a change of attitude in America.

That is not enough. 1st United States enforcement agencies all need the ball lowered on their asses with a set of federal rules and prison penaltys for violating those rules. Maybe after a few of these cops get porked in prison cells we will see a change of attitude in America.

I'm just glad it wasn't me....i'm the type that would not give up my property to the cop if I know im not violating the law and am within my rights. I also am always carrying a gun so if he struggled with the camera in my hands it may not have stayed concealed (by that i mean my shirt might move in the struggle for the camera, not that I would EVER pull my gun on a cop EVER) and then it would have been really bad for me.

It would still be worth it though, I would try and get the media to bring attention as the silver lining of my dark cloud of police custody ;)

Wow. Ok. This thread just became ridiculous. I'm out. The cop-hate in this country has become insane.

Well, police departments only have themselves to blame for that. The Internet has allowed more people to see the abuse that goes on by police and while I will agree that abusive cops are not the norm, there is still too much of it out there.

You can only push people so far before they start pushing back.

My comment is about union cops,

i dont have a problem with real police officers doing their Duty.

Wait. This was a terrible thing when you thought it was a Dem but now tht the politician turns out to be a Republican, confiscating cameras at a town hall meeting is "doing their duty"???

Wow. There's a word for that. I won't use it.

Wow. Ok. This thread just became ridiculous. I'm out. The cop-hate in this country has become insane.

Well, police departments only have themselves to blame for that. The Internet has allowed more people to see the abuse that goes on by police and while I will agree that abusive cops are not the norm, there is still too much of it out there.

You can only push people so far before they start pushing back.

I have to admit I didn't read anything past the first post when I responded :).

However, any negativity directed at the police for this SPECIFIC instance was well earned by the police in the video.

I don't know where this happen but when I saw the video I was very grateful that I didn't live there. Some Washington DC cops also arrested some people for dancing in the Jefferson Memorial, not a pretty site.

Cops are getting out of control but I don't know anyone who wants to be one, having to deal with the scum of the earth most of the time would jade anyone.

Cops mostly are defenders of those in power.

If those in power are evil bastards then so too must the cops be evil bastards.

When one signs onto the theory that one must support the letter of the law, rather than the idea of justice, then one becomes a potential TOOL of evil.

Let's remember, shall we, that the members of the GESTAPO were law ABIDING COPS.

That line in itself is the basis for the rest of your post.

The problem is, you are 100% wrong with that line, so the rest of your post is useless.

Why is he wrong?

Easy. Cops have descretion. They can simply refuse to make the arrest or ticket. I did that many times for chicken shit laws that I felt were unneccessary. I let simple poss of weed slide countless times.

[...]
It's clear you were not NYPD. NYC cops have virtually zero discretion and what little they can get away with (issuing warning) are the most minor traffic and civil law violations (spitting, noise, etc). If a NYC cop were found to ignore even the smallest pot possession he would be charged and an IAB folder would be opened on him. Everything is procedure. If anything goes wrong and it's determined that procedure wasn't followed that is grounds for termination if the brass wish to take it that far.

I was not on that job but my job placed me in close contact with NYPD and its inner functions.

And if you wish to see what they do when ordered to control crowds of civilian demonstrators watch some video of the 1999 World Trade Organization protest in Seattle.

Civilian demonstrators? Anarchists are a para military organization in their own right.

Who deserve to get their asses beat for christ sake they love anarchy so the got it.
Then you do not oppose the effect the World Trade Organization has had and is having on the U.S. Economy and the American middle (working) class. Right?

At what point do you decide when enough is enough?

Anarchy is the unavoidable consequence of ignoring the legitimate complaints of the public mass. Sometimes it reaches the level of revolution. But there always are Tories who disapprove of revolutionary conduct regardless of how just the cause.

And if the so-called anarchists were in fact a paramilitary organization they would be out there with body armor and weapons equal to those of their opposition. While some of them are nothing more than opportunistic criminals their presence is commonplace in all major protest movements.

Sometimes words are not enough!

Forum List

Back