Cop shoots self while trying to shoot dog playing with kids

Most pit bulls are harmless. The vast majority of them won't hurt a fly.

You're nuts.

No, I am not. The majority of pit bulls have not attacked humans, have they?

The VAST majority wont hurt a fly ?

The problem with pit bulls is they have the tools to cause a shitload of harm should they go off, therefore it only stands to reason that bad people who want a dog for security reasons, or for gang bangin' are going to get a pit, and make it mean.

Your claim that the vast majority wont even hurt a fly, is just not logical.

Calif. TV station films dog calmly playing with kids after cop shoots himself trying to kill it | The Raw Story

knbc_dog_140417e-2-615x345.jpg

A California deputy accidentally shot himself while trying to kill a dog that he said was threatening his life on Wednesday, but video captured by a local television station later showed the animal much smaller than reported and peacefully playing with children.

According to a Riverside County sheriff’s spokesperson, the deputy was serving an eviction notice at around 2 p.m. on Wednesday when a “large” dog tried to attack him, KCAL reported.

“A dog came at the deputy in an aggressive manner,” Deputy Armando Munoz said, according to The Press-Enterprise. “The deputy, (attempting to defend himself) pulled his service weapon, shot one round, and injured himself in the leg.”

“He’s OK. He has non life-threatening injuries.”

Munoz said that the dog’s aggressive behavior ended when it was startled by the gunfire.

When KNBC film crews arrived on the scene later on Wednesday, they found a medium-sized pit bull — named “Precious” — confined to a pen, and calmly playing with several children. The dog’s owner admitted that it had been barking when the officer arrived.

Animal Services did not take the dog into custody because there was no evidence it or the owner had done anything wrong.

Video at the link but basically, this is just another gun nutter who can't hit what he thinks he's aiming at.

Sounds like we would all be better off if this fuckwad of a cop had shot himself in the head. I support good cops but I hate fucking pigs.

CaféAuLait;8951935 said:
Re; your title

Cop shoots self while trying to shoot dog playing with kids

You are full of it. That is not what happened at all and you know it. Why the need to lie?

Its not only exactly what happened, its also a paraphrased for space from the headline of the article.

The idiot tried to shoot the dog and shot himself instead.

Happens all the time, though usually at gun and NRA shows.

Deal with it.

no dipshit...the dog was not playing with kids when the officer tried to shoot it

you're either a liar or don't know english

You are correct about the deception but the fact is that the dog was no threat to the cop. The cop is a pussy who should be shot in the head.

What is this? Open Dog Killing By Cop season or something?
If I ever have to call the sheriff, I am going to lock my dog in the walkin closet. Just to make sure she isn't snuffed out.

One of these days, a cop is going to shoot someone's dog and the owner is going to shoot and kill the cop. And they will not be charged because they can claim they feared for their life and thought the cop was going to shoot them next. It's only a matter of time before this happens.

If I ever have to call the sheriff, I am going to lock my dog in the walkin closet. Just to make sure she isn't snuffed out.

One of these days, a cop is going to shoot someone's dog and the owner is going to shoot and kill the cop. And they will not be charged because they can claim they feared for their life and thought the cop was going to shoot them next. It's only a matter of time before this happens.

The dog was not in the house or yard, the cop was serving a warrant to a home several houses down and the dog ran "aggressively" at the cop. So why a dog owner could run down the street after allowing its dog to run loose attacking people, and shoot a cop or any person for trying to defend themselves, is beyond me. That could have been a child playing in his own yard.

CaféAuLait;8959075 said:

The dog was not in the house or yard, the cop was serving a warrant to a home several houses down and the dog ran "aggressively" at the cop. So why a dog owner could run down the street after allowing its dog to run loose attacking people, and shoot a cop or any person for trying to defend themselves, is beyond me. That could have been a child playing in his own yard.

The dog was in the fenced in yard when the officer entered the yard. That is what they said on newscast that is linked. The reason the dog was not taken away by animal control is because the dog was on it's owner's property and posed no danger to anyone. The cop entered the fenced in property and the dog came toward him barking. That does not in itself demonstrate aggression. Any dog would do that. The cop panicked and was afraid. I don't feel sorry for him.

CaféAuLait;8959075 said:

The dog was in the fenced in yard when the officer entered the yard. That is what they said on newscast that is linked. The reason the dog was not taken away by animal control is because the dog was on it's owner's property and posed no danger to anyone. The cop entered the fenced in property and the dog came toward him barking. That does not in itself demonstrate aggression. Any dog would do that. The cop panicked and was afraid. I don't feel sorry for him.

There is a different report as well, which stated the cop was several homes away and was serving a warrant to a different home when the dog attacked him. Sometimes I believe the news gets it wrong because they are too quick to report.

If he were inside the fence and the dog only ran up to him I agree, he over reacted.

FFS you partisan assholes need to get a hold of yourselves and tell the truth for a change. If I click the link I am either going to find out the dog was a danger or some asshole dodged Darwin. Which is it?

CaféAuLait;8959075 said:

I don't blame him for wanting to shoot the dog. I never enter and enclosed area around someone's house because there may be a dog and said dog may consider you a threat. It's natural. The dogs are there to protect the people and the home. What I blame the cop for is being so incompetent he shot himself instead of the dog. Such a person shouldn't be a cop. It's sad that our best and brightest really aren't.

Forum List

Back