Cop shoots self while trying to shoot dog playing with kids

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Calif. TV station films dog calmly playing with kids after cop shoots himself trying to kill it | The Raw Story

knbc_dog_140417e-2-615x345.jpg

A California deputy accidentally shot himself while trying to kill a dog that he said was threatening his life on Wednesday, but video captured by a local television station later showed the animal much smaller than reported and peacefully playing with children.

According to a Riverside County sheriff’s spokesperson, the deputy was serving an eviction notice at around 2 p.m. on Wednesday when a “large” dog tried to attack him, KCAL reported.

“A dog came at the deputy in an aggressive manner,” Deputy Armando Munoz said, according to The Press-Enterprise. “The deputy, (attempting to defend himself) pulled his service weapon, shot one round, and injured himself in the leg.”

“He’s OK. He has non life-threatening injuries.”

Munoz said that the dog’s aggressive behavior ended when it was startled by the gunfire.

When KNBC film crews arrived on the scene later on Wednesday, they found a medium-sized pit bull — named “Precious” — confined to a pen, and calmly playing with several children. The dog’s owner admitted that it had been barking when the officer arrived.

Animal Services did not take the dog into custody because there was no evidence it or the owner had done anything wrong.

Video at the link but basically, this is just another gun nutter who can't hit what he thinks he's aiming at.

Re; your title

You are full of it. That is not what happened at all and you know it. Why the need to lie?

CaféAuLait;8951935 said:
Re; your title

You are full of it. That is not what happened at all and you know it. Why the need to lie?

Its not only exactly what happened, its also a paraphrased for space from the headline of the article.

The idiot tried to shoot the dog and shot himself instead.

Happens all the time, though usually at gun and NRA shows.

Deal with it.

CaféAuLait;8951935 said:
Re; your title

it is all he knows...if he was honest he would have nothing to post

From your own link:

“A dog came at the deputy in an aggressive manner,” Deputy Armando Munoz said, according to The Press-Enterprise. “The deputy, (attempting to defend himself) pulled his service weapon, shot one round, and injured himself in the leg.”

“He’s OK. He has non life-threatening injuries.” Munoz said that the dog’s aggressive behavior ended when it was startled by the gunfire.

And then they write:

When KNBC film crews arrived on the scene later on Wednesday, they found a medium-sized pit bull — named “Precious” — confined to a pen, and calmly playing with several children.

Do you know what later and after mean? :eusa_liar:

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8951935 said:
Re; your title

Its not only exactly what happened, its also a paraphrased for space from the headline of the article.

Deal with it.

no dipshit...the dog was not playing with kids when the officer tried to shoot it

you're either a liar or don't know english

CaféAuLait;8951935 said:
Re; your title

Deal with it.

You are a liar. Your article proves you a liar as well.

Bottom line is that, just as we've seen so many times before, a froot loop with a gun shot himself instead of his intended target. Its worse because he is supposedly an officer of the law.

We should all be happy he didn't gun down one of the playing kids.

I think the point here is that a supposedly trained officer ended up shooting himself instead of the dog. Why doesn't anyone find that disturbing? I sure as heck do.

I find it hilarious......big bad cops need guns to deal with animals, I do it all the time, without weapons....

Bottom line is that, just as we've seen so many times before, a froot loop with a gun shot himself instead of his intended target. Its worse because he is supposedly an officer of the law.

LOL Still at it I see. The kids were not there, but I suppose dishonesty works for ya. :eusa_shifty:

What is this? Open Dog Killing By Cop season or something?
If I ever have to call the sheriff, I am going to lock my dog in the walkin closet. Just to make sure she isn't snuffed out.

I think the point here is that a supposedly trained officer ended up shooting himself instead of the dog. Why doesn't anyone find that disturbing? I sure as heck do.

He probably reacted too quick as the animal was trying to attack him and did not unsnap his thumb break. Cops are human after all...

there were no kids when he shot himself liar....

CaféAuLait;8952033 said:

He probably reacted too quick as the animal was trying to attack him and did not unsnap his thumb break. Cops are human after all...

I don't care what the excuses, I have no faith in a cop that shoots himself while drawing his gun.

Calif. TV station films dog calmly playing with kids after cop shoots himself trying to kill it | The Raw Story

knbc_dog_140417e-2-615x345.jpg

A California deputy accidentally shot himself while trying to kill a dog that he said was threatening his life on Wednesday, but video captured by a local television station later showed the animal much smaller than reported and peacefully playing with children.

According to a Riverside County sheriff’s spokesperson, the deputy was serving an eviction notice at around 2 p.m. on Wednesday when a “large” dog tried to attack him, KCAL reported.

“He’s OK. He has non life-threatening injuries.”

Munoz said that the dog’s aggressive behavior ended when it was startled by the gunfire.

When KNBC film crews arrived on the scene later on Wednesday, they found a medium-sized pit bull — named “Precious” — confined to a pen, and calmly playing with several children. The dog’s owner admitted that it had been barking when the officer arrived.

Animal Services did not take the dog into custody because there was no evidence it or the owner had done anything wrong.

Video at the link but basically, this is just another gun nutter who can't hit what he thinks he's aiming at.

So a police officer is a "gun nutter" to you ?

Forum List

Back