Cop fired for saying word "Monday"

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
Mass. mayor fires cop he says slurred Sox player | Comcast

A Massachusetts mayor on Thursday fired a white police officer accused of using a racial slur to taunt Boston Red Sox outfielder Carl Crawford, saying the officer had ``brought discredit'' on himself and the department.

``You have demonstrated through your racist comments that you cannot continue as a patrol officer,'' Leominster Mayor Dean Mazzarella wrote in his termination notice to officer John Perrault.

Perrault had been on paid leave since he called Crawford a ``Monday'' before a July 5 minor league game in Manchester, N.H.

The word can be used as a derogatory term for blacks, and is often associated with Mondays being one of the most-hated days of the week, such as in the common phrase, ``I hate Mondays.''

WTF ? thank god he did not call him a tuesday or all hell would of broke out .....

I bet he would have gotten the highest award possible if he called him Friday.

What if this guy who called him Monday was actually giving a compliment because the cops Friday was Monday and Tuesday would be the cops Saturday.

And then Carl Crawford said "What the fuck does that even mean, man"?

Fuckin' good thing he never said "Wednesday."

As we all know, that is hump day and it's understood to be a slur against a woman suggesting that they like to get humped.

That kind of talk could have led to the death penalty.

I lived 80% of my life in Massachusetts and while we are known for our colorful dialect I've never heard of anyone being called a "Monday." :confused:

How on earth is that racist? Again, when I'm confronted with idiocy on this scale, I like to draw everyone's attention to the defined standard of racism:

1. The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as...

2. Prejudice or discrimination directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief.

None of what he allegedly said falls within either of above.

How on earth is that racist? Again, when I'm confronted with idiocy on this scale, I like to draw everyone's attention to the defined standard of racism:

1. The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as...

2. Prejudice or discrimination directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief.

did you know that the phrase " you people" is racist too?

That was in the pre-ObamaNation. Now, 'racist' means anyone who disagrees with the herd.

Never heard of it... :dunno:

According to Urban Dictionary–and comedians such as Russell Peters–the term “Monday” is a put down because “everyone hates Mondays”. It has gained some attention in recent years because it’s almost a code word for a racial slur; a way to say a very negative word in relatively nice terms. And while those around Perreault were confused as to what it meant, Mayor Dean Mazzarella was not. He sent a letter to Perreault outlining his termination, effective immediately, after a disciplinary hearing found that Perreault was guilty of using other racial slurs at different times during his career.

Carl Crawford: Slur Gets Cop Fired, Onlookers Confused | WebProNews

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnc6Asflzq8]Nobody Likes Mondays - YouTube[/ame]

I think I'm backing the chief. If this guy has a history of racial slurs and is in a questionable confrontation with a black alleged criminal, this history would come out and bias the prosecution against a conviction. Evidently he had been warned before. Just because we aren't familiar with the term, doesn't mean it isn't meaningless.

The police don't need racist cops on their teams.

I think I'm backing the chief. If this guy has a history of racial slurs and is in a questionable confrontation with a black alleged criminal, this history would come out and bias the prosecution against a conviction. Evidently he had been warned before. Just because we aren't familiar with the term, doesn't mean it isn't meaningless.

The police don't need racist cops on their teams.
Have you every known "Monday" as being a racial slur?

IF, and that is an important word....if this cop is racist AND he acts on that on the job, then there should be plenty of valid reasons to terminate him.

With a POTUS with Bots who allege racism with the simplest of words (ie. "cool", just for one example), the last thing anyone needs is feeding this divisive culture the POTUS has inflicted on this country.

"Monday"? Give me a break.

All this shit needs to stop. Just stop.

Forum List

Back