Coolest Summer I can remember...

Actually many places around the globe have been cooler than normal, but I bet when the AGW church posts their data, they will try and show that it was one of the warmest years on record..

And many more have been far warmer than normal. That is what makes averages. 110 in Ashland, Oregon is not going to make 40 in Minnesota any warmer. But it will make the average between them 75 degrees.

The warming that is driving climate change is creating a situation where the weather swings are wider and wilder, with an overall warming. Just as predicted. So, one place is signifantly cooler than normal, while another is setting heat records. And another is setting flooding records while the other is in prolonged drought. And, down the road a couple of years, the situations for the places are reversed.

In the meantime, the 'sceptics' continue to say nothing is happening while the governments and private insurance companies tally up more weather damage costs every year.

As can be seen from a number of sources, the average temperature of the globe has NOT gone down. We are NOT cooling off. There's no need to make up silly answers.

Yet another lie by the AGW cult..

10TempPast11000Yrs_lg.jpg

It is often reported that the temperature of the earth is higher the past 20 years than it has ever been in history. This is simply not true, nor has it ever been. Hundreds of research studies using ice cores, pollen sedimentation, tree rings, etc. have shown that there were dozens of periods in the past 11,000 years (the Holocene period) that earth's temperature was warmer than it is today. Earth's temperature was very much warmer at least four times during the current interglacial period.

What does it say across the top of your graph? It says

"Earth's Temperature for the Past 11,000 Years"

And what does it say across the bottom of your graph? It says

"Adopted from numerous Vostok, Antarctica data sets"

Can you explain to us, Kosh, how data solely from Vostok can provide a measure of the temperature over the entire Earth?

Can you explain to us, Kosh, how after having been informed of the patent, undeniable falsehood (ie, LIE) in this graph, you continue to post it?

As can be seen from a number of sources, the average temperature of the globe has NOT gone down. We are NOT cooling off. There's no need to make up silly answers.

According to which tampered record? Oh, right...they have all been tampered with.

And many more have been far warmer than normal. That is what makes averages. 110 in Ashland, Oregon is not going to make 40 in Minnesota any warmer. But it will make the average between them 75 degrees.

What is the "normal" temperature on planet earth? Try answering one question honestly...I know it is a hell of a stretch for someone as inherently dishonest as you, but give it a shot. Look at the mean temp for earth across its history...not just during ice ages as you typically do. Isn't the normal temperature on planet earth at least 5 or 6 degrees warmer than the present? Wasn't the temperature closer to 7 degrees warmer just prior to the beginning of the present ice age?

Yet another lie by the AGW cult..

10TempPast11000Yrs_lg.jpg

It is often reported that the temperature of the earth is higher the past 20 years than it has ever been in history. This is simply not true, nor has it ever been. Hundreds of research studies using ice cores, pollen sedimentation, tree rings, etc. have shown that there were dozens of periods in the past 11,000 years (the Holocene period) that earth's temperature was warmer than it is today. Earth's temperature was very much warmer at least four times during the current interglacial period.

What does it say across the top of your graph? It says

"Earth's Temperature for the Past 11,000 Years"

And what does it say across the bottom of your graph? It says

"Adopted from numerous Vostok, Antarctica data sets"

Can you explain to us, Kosh, how data solely from Vostok can provide a measure of the temperature over the entire Earth?

Can you explain to us, Kosh, how after having been informed of the patent, undeniable falsehood (ie, LIE) in this graph, you continue to post it?

So if someone provided you with a list of studies done at locations across the whole earth that agree with the vostok cores you would agree that the present isn't particularly warm and certainly not unprecedented?

My point here is that Kosh's unattributed graphic is a complete lie.

If I wanted to look at our best estimates of global temperatures during the Holocene, I would look at the work of Marcott and Shakun, not Kosh's crap.

I have stated on numerous occasions that I do not particularly care that temperatures have been high or even higher in the distant past. I care more to see what human civilization has been through, particularly modern human civilization. But, even there, at no time in the past has human culture existed in the state in which it exists today, re population, population distribution, food and water supplies, military tensions, other environmental stressors and so forth. I will not be comforted to find it was warm in 1100 AD and neither should you.

Supposed to be pushing 100 by Tuesday here in Denver... I will Certainly see my Liberal Friends who attend the Church of Global Warming letting me know that it is Proof that algore was right... :lol:

There will probably be an algore Sighting or two. :thup:

:)

peace...

In Colorado...

Anyone else experiencing the same?...

Spring was downright cold.

peace...

It's the damned climate change I tell ya!!

Thanks to human beings, the climate now changes constantly.

Incidentally, the weather pattern better change or we are looking at -40 wind chills during the coming winter again.

That should about finish me off.

Last edited:
Lets face it.....th climate nutters threw far too many bombs between 2000 and 2007......dozens of doomsday bs projections that fell flat on their faces. Evidently people were keeping score.

So now in 2014, when people are going out in mid-summer and needing a hoodie to keep warm at night, the climate k00ks look like climate k00ks. That's the way it works.......the same perceptions that made the case for the climate crusaders related to weather ( had them buying the Gore hoax) is the same exact thing that has made people tune out global warming completely. The irony is fucking hysterical.

This is why in 2014, the skeptics are dominating the conversation.

Global warming became Climate Change, which became Climate disruption and is now Climate Chaos. This covers both warming and cooling. It explains not only winter and summer, but fall and spring as well. It's all climate chaos. If it rains, it's chaos, if it doesn't rain its chaos.

If there are peer reviewed studies from all over the globe that confirm warmer periods in the past 11,000 years or so, it is still a lie, even though it is accurate?

If I wanted to look at our best estimates of global temperatures during the Holocene, I would at the work of Marcott and Shakun, not Kosh's crap.

You would pick one over dozens that say something else? Why, because the dozens don't say what you want to hear?

have stated on numerous occasions that I do not particularly care that temperatures have been high or even higher in the distant past. I care more to see what human civilization has been through, particularly modern human civilization. But, even there, at no time in the past has human culture existed in the state in which it exists today, re population, population distribution, food and water supplies, military tensions, other environmental stressors and so forth. I will not be comforted to find it was warm in 1100 AD and neither should you.

If temperatures have been higher in the past, without human help, you can't make a rational argument that it is humans this time based on some untested, unprovable hypothesis based on politics rather than science. You don't know why it was warmer in the past, and you don't know why it is warmer now. You are making politically motivated guesses.

If I wanted to look at our best estimates of global temperatures during the Holocene, I would look at the work of Marcott and Shakun, not Kosh's crap.

I have stated on numerous occasions that I do not particularly care that temperatures have been high or even higher in the distant past. I care more to see what human civilization has been through, particularly modern human civilization. But, even there, at no time in the past has human culture existed in the state in which it exists today, re population, population distribution, food and water supplies, military tensions, other environmental stressors and so forth. I will not be comforted to find it was warm in 1100 AD and neither should you.

Actually it is attributed even says so in the graphic..

The fact that anti-science AGW crowd can not accept that CO2 has no real affect on climate destroys their religious beliefs..

Anything not Statistically "normal" anywhere on the Earth is "Climate Change" and it's Big Fat Bald White Oil ('merica's) Fault and we should be Punished.

The sooner the Priviledged this Country are Suffering in Third World Conditions the better.

peace...

Anything not Statistically "normal" anywhere on the Earth is "Climate Change" and it's Big Fat Bald White Oil ('merica's) Fault and we should be Punished.

The sooner the Priviledged this Country are Suffering in Third World Conditions the better.

peace...

so what kind of 'suffering' are you wishing upon your fellow Americans, exactly?

(it's spelled privileged by the way... no d!)

Forest Fires In Northwest Canada Burning At 'Unprecedented' Levels

Perhaps not surprisingly then, the current Northwest Territories fires have been fueled by hot and dry weather. Yellowknife’s June high temperatures were 3.8°F above normal highs while rainfall was only 15 percent of normal. Through July 15, high temperatures have been running 4°F above July averages and the city has only seen 2 percent of its normal rainfall for the month. While these conditions can't be tied specifically to climate change, they're in line with those trends.

The fires have shut down parts of territory’s Highway 3, a main thoroughfare, and inundated Yellowknife with a thick haze of smoke and ash. The city’s 19,000 residents are also under a health warning. At points last week, the smoke plume was whisked south across the provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan and even reaching the Dakotas, 2,000 miles away.

I went up that highway in 1975. Wonderful place, Yellowknife.

Of the 186 wildfires in the Northwest Territories to-date this year, 156 of them are currently burning. That includes the Birch Creek Fire complex, which stretches over 250,000 acres.

The amount of acres burned in the Northwest Territories is six times greater than the 25-year average to-date according to data from the Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Center.

Boreal forests like those in the Northwest Territories are burning at rates "unprecedented" in the past 10,000 years according to the authors of a study put out last year. The northern reaches of the globe are warming at twice the rate as areas closer to the equator, and those hotter conditions are contributing to more widespread burns.

The combined boreal forests of Canada, Europe, Russia and Alaska, account for 30 percent of the world’s carbon stored in land, carbon that's taken up to centuries to store. Forest fires like those currently raging in the Northwest Territories, as well as ones in 2012 and 2013 in Russia, can release that stored carbon into the atmosphere and contribute to global warming. Warmer temperatures can in turn create a feedback loop, priming forests for wildfires that release more carbon into the atmosphere and cause more warming. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's landmark climate report released earlier this year indicates that for every 1.8°F rise in temperatures, wildfire activity is expected to double.

It's barely broken 90F most days here in north Florida.

Last summer was also cool. We had lots of rain. The people bitched and complained, but I didn't mind.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back