Conversion vs. Privacy

Phaedrus

UPS is permitted to come to your front door unless you've told them not to. If the UPS person comes up to your front gate and sees a sign that says, 'UPS not permitted on this property. Authority to enter withdrawn by the householder" and they still come onto your property to deliver the parcel then you have an action against them for trespass. The law of torts covers this and it applies to everyone generally. Everyone has the right to take action against a trespasser. In my jurisdiction and in common law jurisdictions generally you can, after having your directions to the trespasser to leave, take action for yourself (the remedy of sel-help). You can physically eject the trespasser yourself or with assistance from(got to be reasonable force of course). The government isn't interested in your rights in this area, they are private rights, you exercise them yourself.

Those bastard squirrels shouldn't be allowed on my property, either. I shouldn't have to ask them to leave, but they refuse to listen and pretend they can't read the signs all over my lawn. To make matters worse, they play ping pong with the moth balls I leave in my garden or just throw them back at me. I'm calling the cops next time. Maybe a night in the can will teach them to a thing or two about who they're messin with. :2guns:

I think they're conservative evangelical Christian squirrels too, the worst kind . :laugh:

Said1 said:
Those bastard squirrels shouldn't be allowed on my property, either. I shouldn't have to ask them to leave, but they refuse to listen and pretend they can't read the signs all over my lawn. To make matters worse, they play ping pong with the moth balls I leave in my garden or just throw them back at me. I'm calling the cops next time. Maybe a night in the can will teach them to a thing or two about who they're messin with. :2guns:

I think they're conservative evangelical Christian squirrels too, the worst kind . :laugh:

Hey North pole lady----I like squirrels !

Said1 said:
Those are brainwashed liberal squirrels who thrive on instant gratification. They're easy to catch.

Use a cross instead of Peanut? The power of Christ compels them?

The University of Chicago: Where the squirrels are cuter than the girls.

The University of Chicago: Where the squirrels are more aggressive than the guys.

Forum List

Back