Controversial Doll Lets Little Girls Pretend to Breast-Feed

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
A controversial new doll is leaving some parents wishing for the good old Cabbage Patch days.

A Spanish toymaker known as Berjuan has developed a breast-feeding doll that comes with a special halter top its young "mothers" wear as they pretend to breast-feed their "babies." The halter top has daisies that cover the little girls’ nipples and come undone just as easily as the flaps of a nursing bra would.

Controversial Doll Lets Little Girls Pretend to Breast-Feed - Children's Health - FOXNews.com

you cant make this up...well fox news can...but i digress...discuss

A controversial new doll is leaving some parents wishing for the good old Cabbage Patch days.

A Spanish toymaker known as Berjuan has developed a breast-feeding doll that comes with a special halter top its young "mothers" wear as they pretend to breast-feed their "babies." The halter top has daisies that cover the little girls’ nipples and come undone just as easily as the flaps of a nursing bra would.

Controversial Doll Lets Little Girls Pretend to Breast-Feed - Children's Health - FOXNews.com

I don't know what to think about this. If I had a daughter I wouldn't let her have one but I dont know if its a bad thing or a good thing to have this type of toy.

I don't know what to think about this. If I had a daughter I wouldn't let her have one but I dont know if its a bad thing or a good thing to have this type of toy.

If my daughter really really wanted one, I might let her. But it would creep me out.

Realistic looking baby dolls already creep me out just as they are.

What if a boy wanted one of these things?

So a doll that mimics eating, drinking, burping, a doll that talks or skates, or a doll that wets her pants - those are all ok but a doll that portrays the prime maternal instinct for as long as we've been alive is creepy? :eusa_eh:

Please expound.

If my daughter really really wanted one, I might let her. But it would creep me out.

Realistic looking baby dolls already creep me out just as they are.

What if a boy wanted one of these things?[/QUOTE]

Then you'd be portraying sexist attitudes and curbing his maternal instincts, of course. :rolleyes:

Every Catholic girl should have one.

Yes, let's give little girls dolls so they can learn to flash their boobs in public at a very young age.

It's a great idea.

Yes, let's give little girls dolls so they can learn to flash their boobs in public at a very young age.

It's a great idea.

That's the first thing that comes to mind? Really?

Because all nursing mothers flash people?

Oddly enough, I know nursing moms that did/do it discreetly enough that people don't even realize they're nursing.

Nursing mothers are fine, imo. It's very natural and I don't even think anything about it when I see it. It isn't gross, it isn't beautiful, it is just something that a mother does.

This doll thing has a definate ICK factor.

Nursing mothers are fine, imo. It's very natural and I don't even think anything about it when I see it. It isn't gross, it isn't beautiful, it is just something that a mother does.

This doll thing has a definate ICK factor.

I don't think anything about a mother nursing, feeding (with a spoon), giving a bottle to or changing the diapers of her child either. They are all very natural things.

So why is this doll, portraying the most basic, elemental and perhaps the most necessary part of motherhood such a big deal?

It's a great idea.

That's the first thing that comes to mind? Really?

Because all nursing mothers flash people?

Oddly enough, I know nursing moms that did/do it discreetly enough that people don't even realize they're nursing.

Ive noticed that as well, you kind of have to surreptitiously get real close and push the kid out of the way, any way the whole thing turns into a major hassle .

Forum List

Back