Controversial Doll Lets Little Girls Pretend to Breast-Feed

Nursing mothers are fine, imo. It's very natural and I don't even think anything about it when I see it. It isn't gross, it isn't beautiful, it is just something that a mother does.

This doll thing has a definate ICK factor.

I don't think anything about a mother nursing, feeding (with a spoon), giving a bottle to or changing the diapers of her child either. They are all very natural things.

So why is this doll, portraying the most basic, elemental and perhaps the most necessary part of motherhood such a big deal?

I think it's because it's a doll. I also agree that the dolls imitating bodily functions are a little creepy. Of course I thought Dolly the cloned sheep was creepy too.

I'm with Sarah. Definite "ick" factor.

And some women (or even possibly pre oubescent girls) can get aroused by the suckling. They can learn all about that from the boys in middle school.

I think it's because it's a doll. I also agree that the dolls imitating bodily functions are a little creepy. Of course I thought Dolly the cloned sheep was creepy too.

S'ok. I've always thought Barbie dolls were pretty creepy.:eusa_shhh:

The Ken doll is beyond creepy. ;)

Eric Ruhalter, author of the Kid Dictionary, wonders what's next; erectile dysfunction GI Joe? "It opens the flood gates to any sort of realistic simulation doll."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqYoZVroBZs&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Demostración Bebé Glotón[/ame]

I'm with Sarah. Definite "ick" factor.

And some women (or even possibly pre oubescent girls) can get aroused by the suckling. They can learn all about that from the boys in middle school.

God forbid they do it on their own, instead of with the boy two seats over. :eusa_whistle:

Let them be kids Let them use their imagination.

I like the ED idea. I would also like to see these babies cry every two hours until they are fed. Then I would like to see fat suits with saggy boobs and stretch marks for the "mommy". Then perhaps a video on childbirth with pics of epesiotomies.

Too many young girls think motherhood is all love and suckling. Wait til those sweet darlings start talking back.

Yes, let's give little girls dolls so they can learn to flash their boobs in public at a very young age.

It's a great idea.

That's the first thing that comes to mind? Really?

Because all nursing mothers flash people?

Oddly enough, I know nursing moms that did/do it discreetly enough that people don't even realize they're nursing.

No, not for that reason. I don't care about adults breastfeeding in public.

But thanks, I spend all my energy telling my daughter she is NOT getting married until she graduates from college, and she is certainly not having children until sometime after that. In fact, she was talking about a boy she liked today, and her brother asked her if she would marry him.

"No. Well, yes."

I told her she wasn't getting married until after college, and she said, "but then I can, right?" and I explained there was a big distance between now and then.

My son said "But we could drive, right?"

Point is, she can make believe, but it takes all of 10 minutes to teach a grown woman to breast feed, if she needs to be taught at all. This is just encouraging very little girls to obsess about their breasts, to de-sensitize them to having them handled and showing them in public. It's obscene. They use dolls like this for kids to show how they were MOLESTED.

Last edited:

S'ok. I've always thought Barbie dolls were pretty creepy.:eusa_shhh:

The Ken doll is beyond creepy. ;)

I went through a phase when I was in 4th or 5th grade where my friends and I played with dolls but they were baby dolls. Never was into Barbies or Ken.

What kids do, they do. If they explore their bodies, that's normal and appropriate if it's handled correctly for their age.

But to actually encourage them to practice breastfeeding at a young age is disgusting. The only purpose for this doll is, as I said, in a counselor's office...or possibly to help an older child who has been very sheltered and hasn't seen their mom's body much get used to the concept of mom breastfeeding a baby.

But thanks, I spend all my energy telling my daughter she is NOT getting married until she graduates from high school, and she is certainly not having children.

She can make believe, but it takes all of 10 minutes to teach a grown woman to breast feed, if she needs to be taught at all. This is just encouraging very little girls to obsess about their breasts, to de-sensitize them to having them handled and showing them in public. It's obscene. They use dolls like this for kids to show how they were MOLESTED.

I don't disagree with a girl not getting married and having children before they are older, but then why give them dolls at all? Why make dolls the coo, eat/drink, have brushable hair, can wear different clothes, etc.? It is all just part of teaching them to care for another.

Some grown women are never able to breastfeed and some think it's "gross or icky". Perhaps this doll, once people get over the "gross and icky" initial reaction would help those women.

And there are a lot of things that we do in caring (properly - no molestation) that could refute your argument about de-sensitiztion, etc.

Though honestly, I think it could be handled more appropriately just telling the child, hey, this is going to happen when the baby's born, and continue to tell them so it doesn't shock them (if they are that sort of kid) when it finally happens.

But thanks, I spend all my energy telling my daughter she is NOT getting married until she graduates from high school, and she is certainly not having children.

She can make believe, but it takes all of 10 minutes to teach a grown woman to breast feed, if she needs to be taught at all. This is just encouraging very little girls to obsess about their breasts, to de-sensitize them to having them handled and showing them in public. It's obscene. They use dolls like this for kids to show how they were MOLESTED.

I don't disagree with a girl not getting married and having children before they are older, but then why give them dolls at all? Why make dolls the coo, eat/drink, have brushable hair, can wear different clothes, etc.? It is all just part of teaching them to care for another.

Some grown women are never able to breastfeed and some think it's "gross or icky". Perhaps this doll, once people get over the "gross and icky" initial reaction would help those women.

And there are a lot of things that we do in caring (properly - no molestation) that could refute your argument about de-sensitiztion, etc.

The people who buy these dolls are not apt to be the ones raising the kids who are offended by women feeding their babies.

This is just another case of let's sexualize these kids as young as we possibly can. People who haven't worked with child molesters and children who haven't been molested may not be able to see it, but I sure as shit can. It's one thing if a girl decides to play "breastfeed" with her dollies, it's another to teach her to do it.

What kids do, they do. If they explore their bodies, that's normal and appropriate if it's handled correctly for their age.

But to actually encourage them to practice breastfeeding at a young age is disgusting. The only purpose for this doll is, as I said, in a counselor's office...or possibly to help an older child who has been very sheltered and hasn't seen their mom's body much get used to the concept of mom breastfeeding a baby.

I suppose we may have to agree to disagee on this one.

I'm not saying I would run out and buy a truckload of these, but I don't think they are any more wrong than any of the other dolls I have discussed. Barbies pose a much bigger problem in my mind but most don't agree with me on that either. :D

I'll ask the child welfare workers I'll be with today what they think.

Though I know what they'll say.

So a doll that mimics eating, drinking, burping, a doll that talks or skates, or a doll that wets her pants - those are all ok but a doll that portrays the prime maternal instinct for as long as we've been alive is creepy? :eusa_eh:

Please expound.

It's not the doll "wanting" to nurse that is creepy, it's the making the little girl resemble a full grown woman that is creepy.

Next they'll have a doll with accessories that makes it possible for little girls to simulate conception and pregnancy. I think little girls should enjoy being little girls for a while. This doll seems like it could conceivably be a tool to encourage little girls to want focus on having babies. I bet the Fundamentalist Mormons will love it. :lol:

And I never said those other kinds of dolls are OK either. Just less creepy because at least they behave somewhat like ordinary babies. A little girl nursing is freakish.

If my daughter really really wanted one, I might let her. But it would creep me out.

Realistic looking baby dolls already creep me out just as they are.

What if a boy wanted one of these things?
Then you'd be portraying sexist attitudes and curbing his maternal instincts, of course. :rolleyes:
If you denied it to him.

Last edited:
So a doll that mimics eating, drinking, burping, a doll that talks or skates, or a doll that wets her pants - those are all ok but a doll that portrays the prime maternal instinct for as long as we've been alive is creepy? :eusa_eh:

Please expound.

It's not the doll "wanting" to nurse that is creepy, it's the making the little girl resemble a full grown woman that is creepy.

Next they'll have a doll with accessories that makes it possible for little girls to simulate conception and pregnancy. I think little girls should enjoy being little girls for a while. This doll seems like it could conceivably be a tool to encourage little girls to want focus on having babies. I bet the Fundamentalist Mormons will love it. :lol:

And I never said those other kinds of dolls are OK either. Just less creepy because at least they behave somewhat like ordinary babies. A little girl nursing is freakish.

I agree, it's totally creepy.

Forum List

Back