Contraception - a discussion

What does that have to do with the point that the government should not be forcing people to pay for other people's contraception or force insurance companies to provide coverage for contraception?
the government didnt say you directly pay for other peoples health care idiot. the law says the health care providers can not change an extra co-pay or co-insurance for contraception. its not free, its simply included in the cost of your premium.

seeing as how you already pay for other peoples services, why are you not complaining about every other service your health care provider provides for no additional cost?

Again,

What does that have to do with the point that the government should not be forcing people to pay for other people's contraception or force insurance companies to provide coverage for contraception.

I don't have to have insurance, its still a choice.

How an insurance company uses the money from the premiums to pay for other people's health care is their business. If they want to charge extra for contraception coverage that is also also their business not the government's you arrogant prick.
you have no idea what this conversation is even about.

point to where the government says you will pay for other peoples contraception? the argument stems from a portion of the law that states all insurance plans must provide contraception as a services. and that service will be provided for no extra charge. meaning no extra copay or coinsurance.

do you have any idea how insurance actually works already? get an education dumbass.

The Catholic Church is opposed to contraception for moral reasons.

Where is the morality in creating a life when food and clean water are rare commodities? Where poverty exists and educational opportunities are non existent?

Where is the morality when disease is spread?

Where is the morality when a women is the victim of domestic violence? When a women is forced to conceive and then trapped as the child become a lever to gain more power and more control?

If an individual wants to buy their own contraceptives than sobeit...

The FUCKING notion the federal government has the right to mandate ANYTHING is an absolute insult and a smack in the face to the founding fathers.....

It is not the Catholic Churches obligation to provide a "slut" with anything...

Progressives bring a new perspective to the term "give and TAKE."

Pieces of shit...

the government didnt say you directly pay for other peoples health care idiot. the law says the health care providers can not change an extra co-pay or co-insurance for contraception. its not free, its simply included in the cost of your premium.

seeing as how you already pay for other peoples services, why are you not complaining about every other service your health care provider provides for no additional cost?

Again,

What does that have to do with the point that the government should not be forcing people to pay for other people's contraception or force insurance companies to provide coverage for contraception.

How an insurance company uses the money from the premiums to pay for other people's health care is their business. If they want to charge extra for contraception coverage that is also also their business not the government's you arrogant prick.

point to where the government says you will pay for other peoples contraception? the argument stems from a portion of the law that states all insurance plans must provide contraception as a services. and that service will be provided for no extra charge. meaning no extra copay or coinsurance.

do you have any idea how insurance actually works already? get an education dumbass.

Do you have any idea that I am making a philosophical point? Apparently not.

Did you fail to understand my other philosophical point that the government should not be forcing insurance companies to provide services? Apparently so.

How insurance works? Education? Really?

Get over your superiority complex dickhead

The government may as well force me to vote democrat because their loonyness sets precedence for just that.

you pay for other peoples health care every time you pay your insurance premiums.... are you protesting your current insurance company as right now?

What does that have to do with the point that the government should not be forcing people to pay for other people's contraception or force insurance companies to provide coverage for contraception?

When you go to a grocery store do you pay for other people's food? When you go to Best Buy do you pay for other people's computers?

The sky is not orange.

Again,

Did you fail to understand my other philosophical point that the government should not be forcing insurance companies to provide services? Apparently so.

if you dont understand a simple premise like how insurance works obviously cant understand the rest of the argument.

so what you are really advocating is that insurance companies and health care providers not be regulated to have uniform standards? hmmm like all those ethical insurance companies who used to drop people when they got sick, or refused to provide them certain services they thought were too expensive, or refused to provide coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. hmmm sounds like a wonderfully perfect system. pretty soon they wont have any regulations, and then they wont have to provide services to anyone who cant pay full price for the services. so no one will have access to coverage.

Again,

Wait a minute.

Aren't you the guy that insists that premiums go directly to pay for other people's services? How can you argue that and, at the same time, argue that people aren't actually paying for other people's services?

Again,

He has trouble with complex chains of thought.

Again,

Wait a minute.

Aren't you the guy that insists that premiums go directly to pay for other people's services? How can you argue that and, at the same time, argue that people aren't actually paying for other people's services?
re-read the argument. i said as i have always maintained that the law doesnt specifically say or mandate that you will pay for other people services. that is the way you people on the right are interpreting it.

i also pointed out that you already pay for other people services through your current insurance. so why are you only acting now? why havent you been acting out for years?

if you dont understand a simple premise like how insurance works obviously cant understand the rest of the argument.

so what you are really advocating is that insurance companies and health care providers not be regulated to have uniform standards? hmmm like all those ethical insurance companies who used to drop people when they got sick, or refused to provide them certain services they thought were too expensive, or refused to provide coverage to people with pre-existing conditions. hmmm sounds like a wonderfully perfect system. pretty soon they wont have any regulations, and then they wont have to provide services to anyone who cant pay full price for the services. so no one will have access to coverage.

There is a difference between regulating insurance and taking away choice.

First off, the fact that health care costs so much and that so many people have to have insurance, (which was originally created to be only for catastrophic situations) just to walk into a doctor's office is because the government's overinvolvement in health care.

But that's for a whole other discussion

Government has restricted market forces from weeding out insurance companies who act out as you stated by preventing people from purchasing insurance across state lines. This created an artificial monopoly where costs go up and coverage grows poorer. Open up access and competition increases. Increased competition means lower cost and better coverage for everyone.

Should people have recourse if the insurance company screws the person over by not providing an agreed upon paid for service? Yes!
In a free market these companies will go out of business real fast.

Should the government mandate what services an insurance company provides? No.

Government is not the solution, its the problem.
But that's just my opinion as is yours that the government is the solution. OK, we disagree.

The Catholic Church is opposed to contraception for moral reasons.

Where is the morality in creating a life when food and clean water are rare commodities? Where poverty exists and educational opportunities are non existent?

Where is the morality when disease is spread?

Where is the morality when a women is the victim of domestic violence? When a women is forced to conceive and then trapped as the child become a lever to gain more power and more control?

Food and clean water are rare commodities??

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
A comment that left me scratching my head as well.

And I thought this was a thread to actually discuss contraception. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was another extreme political stunt.....

Go away. The questions asked and the respones above are not the product of a political stunt. But even you know that much.

But thanks so much for sharing.

I also must ask what this has to do with contraception.
I support the use of substances and devices to prevent unwanted pregnancies.
If one wishes to have these things, they are free to pay for them. If they cannot pay, Planned Parenthood will step in for those who are short on funds.
If an insurance company chooses to include coverage for these things, ok by me. If other insurance companies choose to NOT include coverage, again ok by me.

First off, the fact that health care costs so much and that so many people have to have insurance, (which was originally created to be only for catastrophic situations) just to walk into a doctor's office is because the government's overinvolvement in health care.

Government has restricted market forces from weeding out insurance companies who act out as you stated by preventing people from purchasing insurance across state lines. This created an artificial monopoly where costs go up and coverage grows poorer. Open up access and competition increases. Increased competition means lower cost and better coverage for everyone.

Should people have recourse if the insurance company screws the person over by not providing an agreed upon paid for service? Yes!

But that's just my opinion as is yours that the government is the solution. OK, we disagree.
i think when the free market fails to provide an adequate service such a basic health care at an affordable price government intervention can force change. since the majority of people on this thread have basically decided that access to affordable health care is not a basic right and people do not deserve it, this rules out universal health (unlike most of the rest of the industrialized world). this being said, government regulation of this can provide a framework to make it accessible by more people than it currently it.

government is not always the solution, but neither is the free market. just use the financial markets betwen 2004 and 2008 as an example of this.

i think when the free market fails to provide an adequate service such a basic health care at an affordable price government intervention can force change. since the majority of people on this thread have basically decided that access to affordable health care is not a basic right and people do not deserve it, this rules out universal health (unlike most of the rest of the industrialized world). this being said, government regulation of this can provide a framework to make it accessible by more people than it currently it.

government is not always the solution, but neither is the free market. just use the financial markets betwen 2004 and 2008 as an example of this.

I find that your position contradicts itself, again.

Forcing insurers to cover more services actually drives up the cost of both insurance and the services that the insurance covers. If your goal is to make health care more affordable you should be working toward something other than government mandating that insurance cover more and more services at higher and higher costs.

If the insurance industry operated in a regulated free market there would be little or any threat of the horrors of dropped coverage,etc because the market would weed out bad actors. Not only that, prices would fall as insurance companies would lose their protected markets. People would have more choice. They could shop for the kind of coverage they wish to buy.
And if you or anyone else thinks Obamacare's mandate that pre existing conditions must be covered is going to work, your nuts. Private insurers will simply stop writing health coverage and will of course drop existing insureds when their policies expire.
Of course this is the goal of Obamacare. To create a system where the only insurer available if the federal government. Obama gets his wish for socialized medicine. And we get shitty rationed care by doctors who are from third world countries, can barely speak English and are more likely to screw up.

If the insurance industry operated in a regulated free market there would be little or any threat of the horrors of dropped coverage,etc because the market would weed out bad actors. Not only that, prices would fall as insurance companies would lose their protected markets. People would have more choice. They could shop for the kind of coverage they wish to buy.
And if you or anyone else thinks Obamacare's mandate that pre existing conditions must be covered is going to work, your nuts. Private insurers will simply stop writing health coverage and will of course drop existing insureds when their policies expire.
Of course this is the goal of Obamacare. To create a system where the only insurer available if the federal government. Obama gets his wish for socialized medicine. And we get shitty rationed care by doctors who are from third world countries, can barely speak English and are more likely to screw up.
they did operate in a free market between 1990 and 2008. how did the free market work out during that time?

they did operate in a free market between 1990 and 2008. how did the free market work out during that time?

If they operated in a free market why were they required to cover so many different things under penalty of law?

Forum List

Back