Consumers are holding off on buying smart home gadgets thanks to security & privacy fears

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Consumers are holding off on buying smart-home gadgets thanks to security and privacy fears
Amazon's Echo Show, one of a burgeoning number of smart-home gadgets. Matt Weinberger/Business Insider

• Consumers are more cautious about smart-home devices than other Internet of Things gadgets, a new survey found.
  • Consumers' hesitation about connected-home devices stems from concerns about privacy and security.
  • Few of those surveyed felt gadget makers were doing a good job of informing them about the security risks posed by the devices.
  • ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good news people finally waking up to reality and realizing what is at stake by purchasing this bs.
Until the makers reassure ppl they aren't spying on them ppl will continue to hold off getting this bs.

That's what I thought, "Just what I need, a house that can be hacked."

No thanks. If I need to change the thermostat, I can walk to the thermostat.

Oh, I couldn't be less interested in the Internet of Things. It's a hackable nightmare designed to turn every aspect of one's life into ad revenue.

No thank you.

Forum List

Back