Consumer safety board to weigh regulations on gas stoves

At least 430 people in the United States die of unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning every year. And 50,000 people visit the ER for accidental carbon monoxide poisoning annually
About as many suffer shocks and electrocutions, not to add that about ten wildfires are started every year just from birds landing on wires.so, no advantage there, plus NG has aleways been touted as clean and affordable. Try lighting your gas range---- where is the pollution? Smell anything? The first thing I want to see proven is the research that shows the banning of gas stoves would amount to ANYTHING comparable to justifying the cost, trouble and expense of banning gas stoves!

Meantime, look in any restaurant and you will find gas EVERYTHING because gas heat is superior in every way for cooking. No self-respecting chef cooks with electric burners for a reason.

They mandated rewiring houses with GFCI/AFCI circuits just to save 400 electrocutions and over 4000 non-fatal injuries every year in the United States.
So what? Adding GFI is a very minor, insignificant addition to the circuit with no real cost or liability. Mandating the elimination of the most common and preferred energy source for cooking with no dramatic benefit is pure stupidity. Worse, the fed HAS NO FUCKING LEGAL AUTHORITY to make that decision for everyone in the first place. What next, the federal idiots will ban convertible car tops to cut down on wind noise?

So I can see the overprotective republican bureaucrats banning gas appliances to protect the insurance companies.
Ha! So today, now the GOP are "overprotective" and working for Big Insurance?! :auiqs.jpg: Leave it to the idiot Left: While the GOP are looking at killing an already over-inflated and vindictive federal IRS agency from adding massive cost of hiring and training 87,000 agents (figure at least 3-4 billion just to train them a year then another 20 billion a year just in labor and maintenance costs to collect an imaginary bonus additional tax revenue from people already broke that probably doesn't even exist, and would be abusive and confiscatory at best, the democrats are worried about all the REAL cutting-edge problems like illegal alien's rights and schools using the arbitrary, preferred pronouns of a few dysphoric teenage malcontents and firing people from their jobs if they don't comply.

WTF? Has this country gone completely insane?

Come on, Leo. You know who's really calling the shots...

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 5.18.06 AM.jpg

Zay haz peneetrateed zee cabeenets...

Relevant backdrop...

About as many suffer shocks and electrocutions, not to add that about ten wildfires are started every year just from birds landing on wires.so, no advantage there, plus NG has aleways been touted as clean and affordable. Try lighting your gas range---- where is the pollution? Smell anything? The first thing I want to see proven is the research that shows the banning of gas stoves would amount to ANYTHING comparable to justifying the cost, trouble and expense of banning gas stoves!

Meantime, look in any restaurant and you will find gas EVERYTHING because gas heat is superior in every way for cooking. No self-respecting chef cooks with electric burners for a reason.

So what? Adding GFI is a very minor, insignificant addition to the circuit with no real cost or liability. Mandating the elimination of the most common and preferred energy source for cooking with no dramatic benefit is pure stupidity. Worse, the fed HAS NO FUCKING LEGAL AUTHORITY to make that decision for everyone in the first place. What next, the federal idiots will ban convertible car tops to cut down on wind noise?

Ha! So today, now the GOP are "overprotective" and working for Big Insurance?! :auiqs.jpg: Leave it to the idiot Left: While the GOP are looking at killing an already over-inflated and vindictive federal IRS agency from adding massive cost of hiring and training 87,000 agents (figure at least 3-4 billion just to train them a year then another 20 billion a year just in labor and maintenance costs to collect an imaginary bonus additional tax revenue from people already broke that probably doesn't even exist, and would be abusive and confiscatory at best, the democrats are worried about all the REAL cutting-edge problems like illegal alien's rights and schools using the arbitrary, preferred pronouns of a few dysphoric teenage malcontents and firing people from their jobs if they don't comply.
You are an idiot!

It now cost well over $5,000 to bring residential wiring into new code compliance. That's a major increase in housing cost to the poor.

Electric ranges are actually cheaper than gas. Electric has many more features than gas, like auto cook. Plus getting rid of gas bill saves consumers money.

You are an idiot!

It now cost well over $5,000 to bring residential wiring into new code compliance. That's a major increase in housing cost to the poor.

Electric ranges are actually cheaper than gas. Electric has many more features than gas, like auto cook. Plus getting rid of gas bill saves consumers money.

How about I make that decision for myself, you know, in the so-called "Land of the Free." I hate electric stoves. In fact, anytime I've bought a house that's one of the big things I look for, whether the kitchen is electric or gas. There's a reason why all the restaurants use gas for cooking. It's easier to control the temperature the way you want it.

You are an idiot! It now cost well over $5,000 to bring residential wiring into new code compliance. That's a major increase in housing cost to the poor.
So I'm an idiot for wanting to stay with cheap and better gas???

Electric ranges are actually cheaper than gas. Electric has many more features than gas, like auto cook.
Maybe they might blow me too, but they cook for shit, take time to heat up, and cost more to operate. No thank you.

Plus getting rid of gas bill saves consumers money.
By jacking up your electric bill, you idiot.

So I'm an idiot for wanting to stay with cheap and better gas???

Maybe they might blow me too, but they cook for shit, take time to heat up, and cost more to operate. No thank you.

By jacking up your electric bill, you idiot.

Who the fuck uses auto cook?
Never in my life have I felt the need to use that function.
Just like my damn refrigerator that can connect to my phone.
Who the hell uses shit like that?

There's a reason why all the restaurants use gas for cooking. It's easier to control the temperature the way you want it.
And it's vastly cheaper than electric.
My brother was a chef at a Holiday Inn, the local electric company installed an all electric kitchen for free when they built the place. After about 10 years, HI had the electric kitchen removed, chiseled up the floor and had gas lines installed. Cost was killing their overhead.

Forum List

Back