Constitutional issue: fines for not purchasing insurance?

The SCOTUS decision reflects the argument that has been taking place since the founding of our nation. Those that believe the constitution is the authority as written vs. those that believe it is a 'living document'.

The fact that there are constitutional scholars that hold opinions on both sides indicates that the case is no way "closed".

The SCOTUS decision reflects the argument that has been taking place since the founding of our nation. Those that believe the constitution is the authority as written vs. those that believe it is a 'living document'.

The fact that there are constitutional scholars that hold opinions on both sides indicates that the case is no way "closed".

Slackjawed, I'm more comfortable with using carrots rather than a stick and it’s my contention that constitutionally compatible carrots are much less difficult to draft.

I iterate it would certainly within any reasonably arguable interpretation of the U.S. Constitution, not difficult to modify our regulations in order to deny the per capita tax reductions”, (or I suppose any other tax reductions), to those that did not comply with the medical insurance requirement.

Respectfully, Supposn

Slackjawed, I'm more comfortable with using carrots rather than a stick and it’s my contention that constitutionally compatible carrots are much less difficult to draft.

I iterate it would certainly within any reasonably arguable interpretation of the U.S. Constitution, not difficult to modify our regulations in order to deny the per capita tax reductions”, (or I suppose any other tax reductions), to those that did not comply with the medical insurance requirement.

Respectfully, Supposn

I happen to agree with your approach, it would be more in line with a strict constitutional interpretation.
I did however post a comment relative to the thread topic.

Forum List

Back